PDA

View Full Version : u2

kfitzp1
04-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I know there are other U2 Fans on the list. Tickets go on sale here in Phoenix on Monday the 20th and I can not wait! Are a lot of people on the list going? Who has tickets already, and how hard was it to get what you wanted? I don't think I want general admission. Alas I did not sign up for the presale as it will take my last dime to buy the tickets. Last time I left my husband in charge of buying tickets and he bought 4 tickets on 2 nights in 3 different sections. Not kidding. Needless to say I am buying them myself from work. LOL. I do not remember them ever going on sale on a Monday before. Kelley D.

kitten645
04-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I ADORE U2. However, for the price of the tickets, Bono should come clean my house and make me dinner!! :p I simply cannot afford it. Last tour, I even signed up for the fan club...dues and all..to get tickets as they had completely sold out time before. I got completely hosed and couldn't even get ANY tickets, let alone the "special" ones promised. Add to all that, the new album doesn't do it for me. So I guess I'm out :(
The great thing about U2 is it is ALWAYS a fantastic show. I was U2 in 3D in IMAX and it was FANTASTIC!
Have a good time!

wolf_Q
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm going to try my luck at tickets tomorrow with the presale. I'm going for Las Vegas tickets. I still haven't fully convinced anyone to go with me and I'm not sure how I'll be getting there but I'm still buying 4 GAs. If I could convince somebody to make a crazy U2 road trip with me I'd make a few more concert stops on the way (Phoenix included - have fun and good luck getting tickets!). I've seen U2 in concert 4 times, once in (bad) seats and the rest were GA...its GA all they way for me but that's because I'm crazy and I'm willing to wait in line literally all day. I'm really hoping they'll come to Salt Lake City the next leg of the tour too as I'd love to see them more than once this tour. I was only able to go to one concert on the last tour :( and compared to going to three the tour before that it wasn't hardly enough. ;)

Vermontcat
04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I love U2 and I already got my tickets for their show at Gillette Stadium on Sept 20th.:D
My husband and I will be going, we went to 3 shows in Boston for their Vertigo tour so this will be our 4th show.
I got my tickets from the presale from U2.com, it was so much easier to get good seats this time compared to their presale for the Vertigo tour.

Good luck to those of you getting tickets, I know it will be an amazing show, I can't wait!:)

kitten645
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I must admit that I'm a bit jaded as the first time I saw them was when War came out and there weren't more than thirty people there. In 1983 I/we (sisters) hauled our very young arses down to SoCal to see the US festival where they really were THE act. Unbelieveable. I saw them again at a free show at Justin Herman Plaza before bit quake here in 87 where they stopped traffic and shut down the freeway.
After that tour, we wandered into the hotel they were at (The Clift, SF) and Bono and Larry walked in and played in a very small hotel bar at the grand piano :eek: Just messing about really but fantastic all the same.
I was very lucky back then!

kfitzp1
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Okay, I just won tickets on the radio, I can't pick them up until Oct 13th, our concert here in Phoenix is the 20th so I don't know if I won general admission or seats, but free u2 tickets, OH my god! What are the odds of being caller 25 on a morning radio show. I guess 1 in 25 lol. I am so excited. Talk about a state of Zooropa, "it could be yours tonight!" Kelley.

kitten645
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
CONGRATS!!!! Whoot whoot! Have fun and give Larry a hoot for me!
Claudia