PDA

View Full Version : Sunny's Doing Well & Pearl's Now Doing Much Better!!!:Latest SKY Update 6-17-09

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone. As some of you know my Sunny hasn't been feeling well or acting normally for the past 2 weeks or so. He's improved quiet a bit but he's still not his spunky self yet. He's even been hiding out in my bathroom. Starr was chasing him and I think that now he's afraid to run around like he used to.:(

I ended up taking both Storm and Sunny in for their annual exams on Sun.April 12th instead of their origial appointment of Sun. April 19th. Sunny had a urinalysis which was normal and blood work taken which showed his kidney levels are elevated a little bit.:( My vet said it could be due to dehydration but that morning she even commented on how hydrated he was.

She wants to see him in 1 week for an ultrasound to check out his kidneys and a possible retest of his kidney levels. I called this morning and her only time left for this Sun. is at 7am so I took it. I hope that everything will be okay with him and that he'll start acting like his normal energetic goofy self soon. Please send him some positive vibes.

He was very good at the vets and while they were drawing his blood,which took forever because they had to use a very small needle, he was purring and making air biscuits. I couldn't believe it because he was trembling just before this out of fear. He's 11.1lbs so he hasn't lost or really gained any weight either which is great and everything else about him is great too.:)

Storm had already had a urnialysis and some blood work done in Jan. which came back great but my vet wanted to do another phosphorous blood test and a MSU vit d profile to compare this to last years test. He's had high calcium levels so we need to watch this. He's still 13.9lbs which is great too. His teeth look bad again though and he had a teeth cleaning in May 2008 so it hasn't even been a 1 year yet. My vet said that he's probably genetically predisposed to having bad teeth:( but she didn't say anything about him getting another teeth cleaning done. That's all for now. Thanks for reading.:)

Inka
04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Good to hear they are mainly healthy. I hope especially Sunny's next kidney test will come out ok. If not- better you get it early. Says Filou the 4 year diagnosis survivor.

lvpets2002
04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
:eek: WoW your Vet Clinic is open on Sundays.. Mine is open on Sat from 8-noon..

:love: Well glad to hear Sunny is pretty healthy in general.. Hope the wittle one gets to feeling much better soon.. I as well hope his next kidney test comes out good.. Sending Bigg Huggss & Whisker Kissess & Prayers..

Medusa
04-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Positive vibes going out to Sunny and everybody. All in all, it still sounds pretty good. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2009, 12:05 AM
:eek: WoW your Vet Clinic is open on Sundays.. Mine is open on Sat from 8-noon..

:love: Well glad to hear Sunny is pretty healthy in general.. Hope the wittle one gets to feeling much better soon.. I as well hope his next kidney test comes out good.. Sending Bigg Huggss & Whisker Kissess & Prayers..

Yes, my vet clinic is actually open 24 hours because it's also an emergency clinic. My vet works from Sun.-Wed. from 7am-5pm but she does surgeries on Mondays so she doesn't see patients on those days. I always try to make my appointments on Sundays so that I don't miss work because sometimes it takes much longer than I think it will. So far I've been very pleased with all of the vets that I've seen and their customer service is wonderful. I love my vet and she specializes in cats so I try to get all of my appointments with her.

Thanks for all of the good vibes. I sure hope that it turns out to be nothing and that my Sunny boy will start acting normal again soon.:)

Randi
04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Tracey, I’m sorry to hear Sunny hasn’t perked up much, but so hope his ultrasound and kidney levels will show good results! Sounds like he was a good boy when visiting the vet. :)

I’m sending lots of positive vibes to him, and to Storm too. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Tracey, I’m sorry to hear Sunny hasn’t perked up much, but so hope his ultrasound and kidney levels will show good results! Sounds like he was a good boy when visiting the vet. :)

I’m sending lots of positive vibes to him, and to Storm too. :love:

Thanks Randi.:) He seems a bit perkier this morning so I hope that this will continue.:)

I also forgot to mention that he doesn't have a heart murmur any more. He was found to have a very slight one last year but nothing this year.:) I'm also going to find out if a thyroid test was done because I read that sometimes this can change a cats personality and make them very lethargic.

Felicia's Mom
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry to know that Sunny hasn't been feeling well. Sending him lots of positive vibes!:love::love:

allmycats
04-16-2009, 09:58 PM
how old is he? here's hoping he is his old self again very soon.
please post an update soon. I'm sure he will be well again soon!

Medusa
04-17-2009, 06:04 AM
And how is our Sunny today? :)

cassiesmom
04-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Prayers and a candle lit for Sunny

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2009, 09:49 PM
how old is he? here's hoping he is his old self again very soon.
please post an update soon. I'm sure he will be well again soon!
He'll be 9 years old on Aug.25th but up until a few weeks ago he was still acting like a 2 year old. He's an Aby mix which makes him a very high energy cat.

And how is our Sunny today? :)
He's doing a lot better but he's still not running around playing like he used to.:( Pearl and Ziggy are really missing their playmate. I still think that he's afraid to run around because Starr was after him.:( He's a very sensitive cat.

Prayers and a candle lit for Sunny
Thanks so much.:) His appointment is tomorrow at 7am so I'll be able to update everyone once I'm home. I sure hope that his kidneys are fine.

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi, I'm sorry it took me so long to give you an update but it was a crazy morning. Last night Sunny started howling in the hallway and he was running around like he used to do. When I woke up he had several mice in the hallway all lined up. I have my Sunny back!!!:D

I went to my 7am appointment with him and since he's now acting normal again, my vet just checked him over and she palpated his kidneys which she said felt normal. She didn't even charge me for his recheck exam.:) She does want to see him in about 3 months so she can recheck his kidney levels. I'm sure he's going to be fine. His weight is now 11.3lbs and I didn't even feed him before he went to the vet.

I also received Storm's calcium level blood test that was sent out to MSU and it's totally normal.:D I'm so glad to hear this. He's been acting very frisky and happy lately so I'm glad to hear that he's also in great health except for his teeth.

Sky's been having some diarrhea lately and I'm pretty sure that he has the same parasite that Pearl had or has. I talked to my vet about this and she just said that we can give him the same medication that I gave Pearl so I picked that up this morning while I was there.

Pearl didn't give me a stool sample until 9am this morning so I had to drive all the way back to my vet to drop off her sample. Her stool still looks a bit on the mushy side so I sure hope that her test will be negative this time. She seems to be doing a lot better and isn't running to the box to go like she did before.

I've been giving everyone Starr's Primal Defense Powder which is a probiotic that even people can take. I mix it in with just enough canned food to mix the powder into it. I asked my holistic vet if Sky's diarrhea could be due to the Primal Defense Powder. She said that she's never seen a cat get diarrhea from it before so it could be coming from the canned food and that I should use baby food.

The main reason that I've started giving everyone the Primal Defense Powder is to help to keep their digestive system and intestinal tract more healthy and this should also help prevent diarrhea. I stopped giving it to Sky but he still had diarrhea so hopefully the medicine will help him. It's just one thing after another around here. Thanks for all of the prayers and positive vibes for my Sunny boy.:)

allmycats
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
glad the kitties are doing better...hope they continue to do well. it sounds like you have had your hands full with taking care of , four? kitties? I know how that is, with 2 that were not well, and one is maybe still not 100% yet, but 4 , wow! good luck! I hope they all stay well! Sunny is almost 9 right? how old are the others?

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
glad the kitties are doing better...hope they continue to do well. it sounds like you have had your hands full with taking care of , four? kitties? I know how that is, with 2 that were not well, and one is maybe still not 100% yet, but 4 , wow! good luck! I hope they all stay well! Sunny is almost 9 right? how old are the others?
Thanks.:) I have 6 cats total and Starr is my sickly cat with colitis and IBD which are finally under control with prednisolone, probiotics, and a grain free diet. Storm turned 13 in Jan., Sunny will be 9 in Aug., Sky will be 7 in June, Starr turned 4 in March, Pearl will be 4 in May, and Ziggy Stardust will be 3 in June. Yes, I have my hands full and there's never a dull moment around here. I wish for that at times but it never seems to happen.

Pinot's Mom
04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Just checking in - how are the kitties? Poo trouble cleared up? Believe me, I can sympathize with that problem!

Everybody back to their frisky selves?

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Just checking in - how are the kitties? Poo trouble cleared up? Believe me, I can sympathize with that problem!

Everybody back to their frisky selves?
Thanks for asking.:) Yes, I think that the poo problem is finally cleared up. Poor Sky is still taking medication for it but this morning his poos looked great.:) As long as Pearl eats only dry food then I think that she'll be okay from now on. I tried giving her some Primal Defense mixed with canned and later with baby food but her stomach is too sensitive for even this. Sky seems to be the same way. Sunny is back to his frisky goofy self but sometimes he's still scared of Starr. Starr will chase him sometimes now but not as often as he had been. Now hopefully everyone will remain happy and healthy from now on.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I thought that Pearl's stools were under control but I found out that tonight she's still having liquid diarrhea.:( While she was on the medicine, she seemed to be getting better. After she finished her medicine, I started giving her Primal Defense Powder mixed in canned food but this caused some loose stools so I tried some baby food. Then this caused liquid diarrhea so I stopped this on Tues. She was still having issues so I fasted her for about 14 hours from Thurs. evening around 7pm to Fri. morning around 9am. I then only gave her a little bit of dry Innova Evo and she seemed to be doing better.

Today I gave her a little more Innova Evo but not as much as I usually do. Tonight she had more liquid diarrhea.:( I e-mailed and also left a voice mail with my vet asking her what I should do next. She works tomorrow from 7am-5pm so hopefully I'll here from her then. Pearl's last stool test came back negative so now I fear that she may also have a form of IBD or even colitis.:( I have plenty of prednisolone to give her if my vet feels that this will help her. I hate giving this to her but if it'll help calm her tummy down then I may have to. Please send some good vibes to Pearl. Thanks.

Pinot's Mom
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry the poo trouble continues. As you probably read, Pinot just went through an issue with loose stool (NOT diarrhea). We found that adding water to her dry food was one of the curatives and made her much happier. I don't know if this will help, but just a thought....

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I wish it was that easy. It seems that by giving her any form of wet food seems to make her worse. Now since her tummy is still upset, even the dry food is causing her to have liquid diarrhea. My vet agreed that putting her on pred for week may help. I'll then talk with my vet in 1 week and we'll see how to go from there. Hopefully she won't have to continue being on the pred because this causes cats to gain a lot of weight because they drink a lot. My Starr is already on it and has to be for life for his IBD/Colitis problems and he's gained a lot of weight so now he can barely clean his own bottom.:(

ChrisH
04-27-2009, 03:38 AM
Poor Pearl, and poor you too. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Good to hear they are mainly healthy. I hope especially Sunny's next kidney test will come out ok. If not- better you get it early. Says Filou the 4 year diagnosis survivor.

A question: who posted this?? It was not Inka, even not me (LUT):confused::confused:

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Poor Pearl, and poor you too. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.
Thanks so much Chris. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM
A question: who posted this?? It was not Inka, even not me (LUT):confused::confused:
I have no idea and I didn't think it was you but it's strange that the username is Inka and that they're from Belgium.:confused:

rg_girlca
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL!!!! Lut, go back to the original post #2 and click on the persons name to bring up the profile and then click on the statistics, then on "See all posts" and read all 7 posts. You will get your answer there. You will also notice that "Inka" joined PT on January 20, 2003. :D

KAK I'm so happy that precious Sunny is doing better, but sadden to hear that poor Pearly girl isn't.

Prayers on the way that an easy solution will solve her bowel problems.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
LOL!!!! Lut, go back to the original post #2 and click on the persons name to bring up the profile and then click on the statistics, then on "See all posts" and read all 7 posts. You will get your answer there. You will also notice that "Inka" joined PT on January 20, 2003. :D

I must admit that I did indeed register Inka as a member on January 20, 2003 :o! It was just meant as a joke!
I am the only Belgian member here, so another member also from here and with a cat named Inka, that would have been to much of a coincidence, hey!
I swear though that I never used that again after a few posts in 2003. So who posted yesterday???

allmycats
04-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Pearl...here's praying she gets well soon!

how are the other cats?

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2009, 10:43 PM
KAK I'm so happy that precious Sunny is doing better, but sadden to hear that poor Pearly girl isn't.
Prayers on the way that an easy solution will solve her bowel problems.
Thanks Lorraine. I hope so too.:)

I'm sorry to hear about Pearl...here's praying she gets well soon!
how are the other cats?
Thanks.:) All of my other cats are fine. Sky's still taking the same antibiotics that Pearl had been on and his stools are nice and firm again. Hopefully this will continue after he finishes them.

Poor Pearl had more liquid diarrhea tonight.:( She started the pred yesterday and I gave her two 5mg pills morning and evening and I also did this today. Then I'm supposed to give her 5mg once a day for the next 5 days. I've forgotten just how quickly the pred is supposed to work because Starr's been on it for quite a while now and I forgot how quickly it took to work with him. The only good thing with Pearl is that she continues to use the litter box. Starr didn't. I hope I'll see some improvement tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for your prayers and concerns. I really appreciate it.:)

allmycats
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
prayers for all your kitties, please keep posting updates. some of your cats are around my cats ages, mine are all between 7 (next month) and 9 or 10 years old.

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, Pearl's still having liquid diarrhea.:( I e-mailed my vet about this last night and when I got home today I read her response which is that I should be seeing some improvement in her by now. I e-mailed her back to let her know that Pearl's still having problems and asked her if I should bring her in to be seen. My vet works Sun.-Wed. so it would most likely be on Sun. that I'd be seeing her if she feels that I should. Maybe she'll improve by then so that I won't need to bring her in after all. Please keep the prayers and positive vibes going. Thanks again.:)

ChrisH
04-29-2009, 05:00 AM
So sorry to read Pearl's problem hasn't begun to lessen yet. :( Prayers & positive thoughts continuing.

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2009, 01:11 PM
So sorry to read Pearl's problem hasn't begun to lessen yet. :( Prayers & positive thoughts continuing.
Thanks Chris. The powers out at my work so now I'm back home waiting. I called my vet and left a voice mail with her about Pearl. I'm hoping that she'll be able to squeeze me in today. If not I'm supposed to see her on Sun. at 9am for an ultrasound. I found more pancakes in one of the litter boxes this morning. Poor Pearly girl.:(

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I was able to get an appointment for Pearl today at 3:30pm so hopefully everything will go well. I'll update you when I can.

kittykatharine
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope Pearl's appointment had good news. That was great the vet was able to get you guys in today - I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way while I keep checking back on the results of the visit. :love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2009, 11:18 AM
I hope Pearl's appointment had good news. That was great the vet was able to get you guys in today - I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way while I keep checking back on the results of the visit. :love::love::love::love:
Thanks so much Katherine.:) I had to go back to work after the vet visit and I got home very late, had to feed my cats and then myself so I was too tired to get on the computer and update everyone last night.:o

The good news is that Pearl's ultrasound is normal and everything looks great. My vet did see some more loose stools in her colon so she told me to buy some Peptobismol and give a 1ml of it once a day for the next 3 days. Hopefully this will help firm up her stools and then keep them firm after that. The bad news is we don't know what's causing this and if she continues to have diarrhea we're back to square one. Please keep the prayers and positive vibes coming. Thanks.:)

This morning it looked like her stools were semi-formed so I hope that this means that the Peptobismol is working and she'll continue to improve.:)

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Come on, Pearl, you can do it! Pinot's pullin' for ya (and so am I!)!! :love:

ChrisH
04-30-2009, 01:27 PM
More hopeful news than not there I think, which is good to read. Prayers and positive thoughts for your beautiful little girl are continuing.

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Tonight when I cleaned out the litter boxes I found a big flat pancake instead of a big tootsie roll. This means that poor Pearl is still having diarrhea.:(

ChrisH
05-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Oh,no. :( Prayers continuing.

Medusa
05-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Would sprinkling Forti Flora on Pearl's food help w/the diarrhea? That's what I would use for my Puddy and it kept her regular and firm.

krazyaboutkatz
05-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh,no. :( Prayers continuing.
Thanks Chris.:)

Would sprinkling Forti Flora on Pearl's food help w/the diarrhea? That's what I would use for my Puddy and it kept her regular and firm.
I have a similar product called Primal Defense that I've been giving to Starr. Unfortunately I need to nix it with canned food or baby food to get my cats to eat it. I tried this on Pearl and it made her worse instead of better. Sky also doesn't do well on it but I'm now giving it to all of my other cats.

Last night Pearl not only had liquid diarrhea again but she also had blood in it.:( I e-mailed both my regular vet and holistic vet about this but I haven't heard anything back yet. My regular doesn't work again until tomorrow. I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do next. Please keep the prayers and positive vibes coming. Thanks.

ChrisH
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, Tracey, I can fully understand you being worried. I just wish could suggest something that could help. :( Prayers continuing.

cassiesmom
05-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Prayers for KAK's kitties

krazyaboutkatz
05-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks again everyone.:) I just read my vets e-mail response and she wants me to fast Pearl for 24 hours and to also try to bring in another stool sample. She also wants to see Pearl tomorrow. Since I did have a 9am appointment I think that's when I'll be seeing her. I'll continue to keep you updated. I think that she may need a longer course on antibiotics or a different kind this time. She seemed to be doing much better while on them the last time.

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I took Pearl back to my vet this morning at 10am. She gave her a vitamin B-12 shot and also told me to start giving her Metamucil and Forti Flora for the next 7 days. I took in another stool sample and it's normal so the antibiotics that she had been on must have taken her good bacteria away from her in her intestinal area and then it became irritated which caused her to have blood in her stool. She said it's a form of colitis that will go away when her good bacteria is restored. I just wish that we had tried the Metamucil and Forti Flora after I took her in on Wed. instead of trying the Peptobismol thing first because then she'd probably be almost back to normal by now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sphynx_Luver
05-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I hope she feels better.

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope she feels better.
Thanks. Me too.:)

ChrisH
05-04-2009, 05:32 AM
I just wish that we had tried the Metamucil and Forti Flora after I took her in on Wed. instead of trying the Peptobismol thing first because then she'd probably be almost back to normal by now.
That is more than annoying, could have saved Pearl more than a few days of suffering and you of worrying. Anyhow, here's hoping all goes well from now and Pearl is feeling better very soon.
Prayers continuing.

Randi
05-04-2009, 06:38 AM
I just wish that we had tried the Metamucil and Forti Flora after I took her in on Wed. instead of trying the Peptobismol thing first
Yes Tracey, that would have been a good idea, but at least Pearl is now getting better, it seems. :) I hope she'll be back to normal very soon and you can stop worrying.

Lots of positive throghts. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Chris and Randi.:) So far I haven't seen any more pancakes in the boxes but I'll know more in the next day or two.

Medusa
05-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Hopefully, the Forti Flora will start working right away. It sure did the trick w/Puddy. Keep the faythe. :love:

Pinot's Mom
05-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I hope, as well, things are improving! Prayers continue...

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks Mary and Pinot's Mom.:) So far so good. When I cleaned the litter boxes tonight I didn't find any pancakes. I only found formed stools.:) Since Pearl was fasted for 24 hours she may not poop until tomorrow though. I guess I shouldn't get too excited just yet. I feel very confident that the combo of the Mutamucil and the Forti Flora will do the trick.:)

Medusa
05-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Excellent! The Forti Flora must taste good, too, because Puddy was very picky, wouldn't eat canned food at all and I was concerned about her turning up her nose at it but I sprinkled it right on her dry food and she loved it and didn't have any more problems in that area. I sure hope it all stabilizes for Pearl now. :love:

Barbara
05-05-2009, 07:32 AM
I have been away for some days and so I did not really read this up to now.
I am glad to hear that you had Pearl fasting for 24 hrs (I am sure- SHE is not glad ;)) - this did the trick with Filou when he had bad diarrhea last year. With Tigris most of the time 12 hrs were enough *phew*.

Sending all my best wishes to the little girl.

ChrisH
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/8a63548a.gif
Prayers continuing.

cassiesmom
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mary and Pinot's Mom.:) So far so good. When I cleaned the litter boxes tonight I didn't find any pancakes. I only found formed stools.:) Since Pearl was fasted for 24 hours she may not poop until tomorrow though. I guess I shouldn't get too excited just yet. I feel very confident that the combo of the Mutamucil and the Forti Flora will do the trick.:)

Fingers and paws crossed,
Elyse

allmycats
05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
did Pearl's vet get back back to you yet? how is Pearl now?

gini
05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Tracey, I sure hope that Pearl is much better. We worry ourselves sick over these babies of ours.

krazyaboutkatz
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks everyone.:) Well now I'm still seeing some mushy poos in pancake form again.:( I'm assuming that it's Pearl even though I haven't seen her using the litter box. The poops don't look as bad as before because they're a little more formed. I think that the Metamucil may be too much fiber for her system so tomorrow I'm going to try just giving her the Forti Flora. I know that if I eat too much fiber then I'll also get diarrhea. I'm trying not to panic just yet and I sure don't want to have to bring her back to my vet again. I'm just going to sit back and be patient because she's acting normally. Please continue to with prayers and positive thoughts. Thanks.:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Pearl's still having diarrhea and I've now seen her doing this at least 2 times now.:( My vet said that maybe we should change her diet to a more highly digestable one. Since she has Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex,I'm afraid that a new diet will make her break out on her lips again. I want to wait several more days to see if the Forti Flora will kick in and help her. Please continue to send prayers and positive vibes her way. Thanks.:)

ChrisH
05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Tracey. :( Prayers and positive thoughts continuing.

Barbara
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I am so sorry- hope the little girl will be better soon. We keep the paws crossed.

Pinot's Mom
05-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Prayers continue for poor little Pearl; I hope something kicks in as a curative. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions...:(

Maggie

krazyaboutkatz
05-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks again everyone.:) I heard back from my vet again and the plan is to give Pearl the Forti Flora for 2 weeks and hopefully by then we'll see some improvement. If not then I guess I'll be forced to change her diet.:( I'm still very glad and thankful that she's using the box like a good girl.:)

Medusa
05-09-2009, 05:57 AM
I sure hope that it works for Pearl. Once I started Puddy on it, I never took her off. She really liked it, too, so that was a good thing. Keep the faythe. :love:

rosethecopycat
05-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Thinking good thoughts for Pearly girl.

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks everyone.:) I'm still finding some pancakes in the litter boxes but I don't think it's as much as before so hopefully in a few days Pearl's tummy will settle down.

allmycats
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
here's hoping the best for Pearl! I know you :love: your kitty.

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Pearl is finally doing much better.:) Sky was also starting to have mushy runny stools and he had been on the same antibiotics that Pearl had been on. I also started him on the Forti Flora and so far so good.:) I just wish that my vet had thought of this a long time ago. I'm going to continue it for a while and hopefully they'll both continue to do well without it but if not then I'll just continue to give it to them. Thanks again for all of the prayers and concerns.:)

Medusa
05-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Forti Flora is even ok to sprinkle on their food even if they don't have mushy stools. It sure was great for Puddy. I'm glad that it's working out for you. :)

ChrisH
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Promising news. :D

allmycats
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
oh I'm so glad they are doing better. :)what is forti flora? where do you get it?

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
oh I'm so glad they are doing better. :)what is forti flora? where do you get it?
Thanks.:) Fortiflora is a probiotic powder that you can get through your vet. Since the antibiotics were so strong they also killed off their good bacteria so now I'm trying to replinish it with the Fortiflora. Sky's thrown up a few times after taking it though and I saw some more blood in his stool last night.:( I hope he'll clear up soon.

wolf_Q
05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many troubles. I'm glad things are starting to look up, I hope they will continue to get better. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many troubles. I'm glad things are starting to look up, I hope they will continue to get better. :)
Thanks Amy.:) So far so good. Sky's stools looked a lot better and Pearl's continue to look good too.:) I just never knew that diarrhea would be so hard to treat and get under control since it's not an IBD problem. Thanks again everyone for putting up with all of my constant problems and updates.:)

cassiesmom
05-17-2009, 08:24 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Pearl is finally doing much better.:) Sky was also starting to have mushy runny stools and he had been on the same antibiotics that Pearl had been on. I also started him on the Forti Flora and so far so good.:) I just wish that my vet had thought of this a long time ago. I'm going to continue it for a while and hopefully they'll both continue to do well without it but if not then I'll just continue to give it to them. Thanks again for all of the prayers and concerns.:)

Yea, this is good news! Keep it up, KAK Kitties!

allmycats
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the kitties. hope they are well soon. keep posting updates.

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the kitties. hope they are well soon. keep posting updates.
Thanks. As far as the stools go, they're looking good these days. Sky threw up a lot this morning after I gave him the Fortiflora.:( I've decided to stop giving this to him because his tummy is very sensitive any way and this must be causing him more problems. I'll continue to give it to Pearl for a few more days and then I'll stop and hope that both of them will continue to do well. Thanks again everyone.:)

allmycats
05-24-2009, 11:57 PM
how are they now? I saw your post on the 18th, have you posted since then?

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2009, 01:25 AM
how are they now? I saw your post on the 18th, have you posted since then?
Thanks for asking.:) Pearl's doing great but I haven't actually seen her poop in the box for quite a while now. Sky's poops are still a little on the mushy side and sometimes have a little blood in them.:( I hope that in time they'll improve. My vet said to just wait and see what happens since he didn't do well on the Fortiflora. Sky eats well and acts normally so I'm not too worried about him. Thanks again everyone.:)

kittykatharine
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope that Sky and Pearl are continuing to improve. I know it is never easy nor fun to work with kitties who have diarhea issues. By the way, do you have any pics of Pearl you could post? She reminds me alot of my sweet Hercules.:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope that Sky and Pearl are continuing to improve. I know it is never easy nor fun to work with kitties who have diarhea issues. By the way, do you have any pics of Pearl you could post? She reminds me alot of my sweet Hercules.:love::love::love:
Thanks.:) Yes, I have a lot of them but none of them are very recent. I'll have to post them later because I need to go to work. If you look in the cat breeds section and go to the thread about "Possible Lynx Point Siamese" then you'll see some pictures of her there along with many other gorgeous meezers.:)

allmycats
05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
I hope they continue to improve. please keep us posted.

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I hope they continue to improve. please keep us posted.
Thanks.:) Pearl's doing just fine and I've seen her making some nice firm stools in the litter box.:) Sky is still making mushy stools with some blood in them.:( He has his annual vet exam on June 14th so I'll most likely be bringing in a stool sample that day too. Ziggy will also be going in with him for her annual exam as well. I just hope that everything goes well.

allmycats
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
how is Pearl, and Sunny doing now?

krazyaboutkatz
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
how is Pearl, and Sunny doing now?
Thanks for asking. Pearl seems to be doing fine now:) but Sky is still having diarrhea and sometimes it'll have blood in it.:( I took both Sky and Ziggy in for their annual exams on Sun. but I wasn't able to bring in a stool sample from Sky until this morning. I never saw him going until very late last night and then this morning.;)

My vet wants to do the same test on Sky's stool that she had done on Pearl. I think it takes about 1 week because it has to be sent out and it's a very thorough test and also very expensive. She thinks that my herd, that's what she calls my 6 cats, is carrying the same parasite that Pearl had. She said it's very hard to get rid of and usually purebred cats have this but all of my cats are mixed breeds. She'll be on vacation in about 1 week so I don't know if I'll have to wait until she gets back for results or not. She usually e-mails the results. I just want everyone to be happy and healthy.:)

Sky only weighs a little over 12lbs now and he's lost some weight since last year. Ziggy is a little over 14lbs:eek:. There's nothing little about my baby girl. Other than Sky's current problem they both checked out fine.:)

allmycats
06-15-2009, 09:37 PM
prayers for your sweet Sky and Ziggy to get well soon!

krazyaboutkatz
06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
prayers for your sweet Sky and Ziggy to get well soon!
Thanks.:) Ziggy is fine.:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Sky's stool test came back normal which is great news.:) My vet didn't even charge me the $150 for the test. I spent more than enough today on Ziggy's bill.

Now I'm to give Sky 5mg of pred once a day for the next 4 days to see if this will help firm up his stools. Then I need to e-mail my vet to let her know if it's helping him or not. If not then I don't know what we'll do next. The Fortiflora helped Pearl but it made Sky sick so I can't use this on Sky. I just want him to get back to normal again.