PDA

View Full Version : Dog hair from car carpets - Solution Needed!

mikkehla
04-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm sure most of us have this problem, so I am hoping someone has come up with a good solution!

I have a tremendous amount of dog hair on the floor of my Jeep and desperately want it to go away! No matter how much I vacuum, I never seem to get it all (i'm lucky to get 1/4 of it). Because the carpet in vehicles is so rough, the dog hair just sticks and get caught up in it like velcro!

I've put a sheet down on the floor in the past, but that only works if the dog doesn't ever step on it and mess it up! Some day I am going to figure out how to put plastic on the floor and attach it so it will stay. Until that day comes, does anyone have any good solutions to getting the hair to come out easier? I have used a wire brush in the past as well to "scrape" up some of the hair, but it is so labor intensive and very painful if I manage to scrape a finger or my hand against the wire brush.

Help, please? :confused:

Taz_Zoee
04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
My suggestion would be to try a very strong adhesive tape. I use lint rollers on my furniture and clothing, but those may not be strong enough for the rough carpet in a vehicle.
Looking back through your thread gave me another idea. What about using the rough part of velcro? I think you can buy large wide strips of velcro at a craft store.
I wish I had a sure solution for you. Good luck! :)

mr.chiwawa
04-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I have a jeep and my friend has a furry friend so I feel your pain.
This product has been my LIFESAVER on the seats and the floor.:D
http://pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/