PDA

View Full Version : Voice of the Phillies - silenced forever

pomtzu
04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Harry Kalas - the legendary voice of the Phillies - is now silent. He was found unconscious in the broadcast booth before the start of this afternoon's game in Washington, and was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Godspeed Harry. You will be missed. You're now "outta' here".

lvpets2002
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
:( Oh I just read that.. That is so Tragic & sudden.. He was so Great & I just loved to listen to him.. RIP Harry Kalas

Pam
04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I received an e-mail from my brother today about the death of Harry Kalas. My brother covered many of the Philadelphia sporting events (he works on the technical aspect of broadcasting). He said that Harry was one of the finest men in sports that he had ever met. RIP Harry. We are glad you got to see the Phillies win it in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBk3wTs-t2A

K9karen
04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
How ironic Harry died, like his buddy and fellow announcer, Richie Ashburn, away from a home game and right before he was due to go on the air. I'm glad he got to see 2 World Series Championships. I grew up hearing Harry's gorgeous voice. I always considered him a "Phillie" and a part of Philadelphia legend. RIP, Harry. Your voice may be silenced but you'll be in our hearts forever.