PDA

View Full Version : He Blows Bubbles!

k9krazee
04-13-2009, 02:38 PM
A video of Jack doing his latest trick. Blowing bubbles in water.
(You can turn the sound off >.< )

:D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/th_MVI_0560.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/?action=view&current=MVI_0560.flv)

lvpets2002
04-13-2009, 02:42 PM
:love: This is just too funny.. Jack learns fast = Heck you did not even have to tell him to do it the last two times..

Seravieve
04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
LOL that's hilarious! He is indeed a very smart dog!

Husky_mom
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Jack never ceases to amaze me...he is one super smarty pooch... have you tried him to be the spokesdog of a shelter?...

mr.chiwawa
04-13-2009, 03:32 PM
What a smart and funny boy:p

happylabs
04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL!!!! That is just the coolest trick I have seen. How did you teach him that? Love it!

anna_66
04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
What a great trick!

k9krazee
04-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks you guys. I love this dog, and he'll do anything I ask of him. :love:

Happy, I taught Jack this, and my MOST stubborn little Jack Russell girl, Mini using different methods.

1) Shaping. Shaping is good for a dog that knows HOW to learn. Dogs that offer behaviors and understand if you reward something, they should continue and expand what they did to get the reward.
So I set the bowl up in front of Jack, empty. As soon as he stuck his head in the bowl I click/treat. Did that a couple times. I put water in the bowl and as soon as he put his head in the bowl I clicked/treat. Then I waited for him to actually stick his nose in the water before I click/treat again. Then I only click/treated when he left his nose in the water and blowing out. I didn't say anything the whole time. The whole process took less than 2 minutes.

2) Mini's way. For dogs who don't offer behaviors.
I put the filled bowl in front of her, dropped in a piece of ham that sunk and encouraged her to get it. As SOON as her face went in the water I click/treated, so she pulled her head right up leaving the piece on the bottom. Did this many times. Every time I encouraged her to get the treat, I'd say 'Blow Bubbles', so when I removed the treat from the bottom, I still pointed and said blow bubbles. As soon as her head dipped in the water with no treat she got a jackpot. She understood after that.

beeniesmom
04-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, that's amazing!

happylabs
04-14-2009, 08:20 AM
That is cool. I never used the clicker. Maybe with my next dog. Casey is almost 13. She can sit, lay, bark, whisper, "bang" and she hits the floor, crawl and some other things I can't think of right now which we taught her with treats. Labs are just so awesome, aren't they?

MonicanHonda
04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Aww, I'm going to try to teach Remdog that. Lol She already knows twirl sit, shake, down, and over. I'm trying to think of other tricks to teach her. BTW, I love Jack! He was so good at the dog park. He knows a bunch of awesome tricks.

4 Dog Mother
04-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Ashley, Jack is very, very smart but you are very, very patient. It takes both to teach a dog as many tricks as Jack knows. You also seem to be able to see how encouraging a behavior can turn into a trick if you add this or that to what they were doing. You are both amazing! If you and Jack ever need adopting, let me know!

Cinder & Smoke
04-14-2009, 11:38 AM
:cool:

Hey Jack ~

Ask Mom to get you a SCUBA Tank and a Face Mask -
then you can really blow some BIG-Tyme Bubbles.

:D

*LabLoverKEB*
04-14-2009, 02:31 PM
OMG how funny is that!
Rita blows bubbles when she drools..... lol:D

WELOVESPUPPIES
04-15-2009, 07:40 AM
hahahaha, that is so cool. What a smart boy.

Duke used to do that years ago when my son was little in the kiddie pool but not any more, he doesn't like the "big people" pool LOL.

Rachel
04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
It's been already said, but Jack deserves another kudo. What a Smartee Pupper.

wolf_Q
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Way to go Jack! That is such a cool trick! :cool:

MonicanHonda
04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
So after my husband saw this he wanted to teach Remy this. She does it! For the first couple times you have to leave the treat in the water, but then she does it after she gets the treat. She's quickly moving onto doing it without the treat. :) Thanks for the cool trick Jack!!!

Flatcoatluver
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Jack is such a smartie, he always amazes me with all his cool tricks! Thanks for sharing Ashley!

Cinder & Smoke
04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I can just hear the Mini~Hoods now ...

"MooooOOOM!!!
Jack blew Dawggie-SNOTZ in our water bowl - again!"

:eek:

Ginger's Mom
04-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Amazing. :D I still don't know how you taught a dog to blow out, but in any case you and Jack are a great team. :)