PDA

View Full Version : Catmobile to the Derby/Preakness?

Pinot's Mom
04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello again fellow kitties! Our paws have been home long enough; it's time for a spring adventure! The lady kitties need to strut their fashionista stuff and the boys need somewhere to play, too, and what better place to be seen than the Kentucky Derby!

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2009/sites/kentuckyderby.com/files/1.jpg

Groucho and I have had a few PM's and it looks like the Catmobile will be available-the date is May 2, 2009. Girls, that's three weeks to come up with the best hat!

Let us know who's coming & the Catmobile will be on the way - let's have some fun!!

Your Co-Pilot - Pinot:D

lvpets2002
04-13-2009, 12:00 PM
:love: Roco will be right there with his SweetHeart Pinot.. Now the rest of the bunch is coming too.. The girls are finding there bonnetts now.. The boys are getting all spiftt up now..

Edwina's Secretary
04-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Best hat???? Is there any doubt? :D:D:

Pinot's Mom
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh, Lady Edwina, you of course will have the most fashion forward topper, to be sure! Roco, won't we have a time?! :love::)

Pinot

catmandu
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
:love:The Found Cats will be there at Churchill Downs, dressed to kill!
I have a Sinatra Fedora for JJJ3 , with a natty tie and vest!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
He wants his HH Lady Edwina Rose to be proud of him!!!
:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Best hat???? Is there any doubt?

Nope... none here! I am sure you will be the life of the party!

cassiesmom
04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I am confident Lady Edwina Rose will have a lovely hat for the occasion! Cassie Kitty hopes that Michael Dylan, Mr. Purr, will be up to the trip.

Pinot's Mom
04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Pinot's waiting for the Catmobile kitties to go to the Derby! Who needs a ride? :D

momcat
04-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Pinot and all of our fellow kitties,
Well, I spoke with the local Jaguar dealer about once again using the eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile for a trip to the Kentucky Derby. She did say a few modifications are being made and it will be ready for us in about a week.
This will be loads of fun! Please let us know if you'll be joining us on yet another adventure as soon as possible. Our friend and co-pilot Pinot needs to meet with the very careful Catmobile driver to map this out.
Nobody will be left behind! For the kitties who prefer not to fly, the Amtrack train comes right into Trenton.
My case in Cat Court has just been called so I must go for now. Stay tuned to this thread for more details as they happen.
Pinot, I'll be in touch!

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
04-15-2009, 02:37 PM
We're so there!

Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler

lvpets2002
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
:love: Oh that will be Great.. Taccoa will get to be with her Boyfriend Elmer.. Hello Darling Elmer wait for your SweetHeart..:love:
We're so there!

Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I wanna go, I wanna go!!!! I wanna be wherever my Groucho will be!!!
Right darling? :love::):love:

signed
INKA:love:

momcat
04-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Hello my lovely Inka!

I'm honored that you will be with me in the Catmobile and watch the Kentucky Derby together. It will be a wonderful time watching those horses run around in a circle. We'll have to plan this so we can have a few days together. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

As mentioned, there will be a few modifications to our Catmobile; more room for dancing, more water fountains, a new sound system, high definition access to "Animal Planet" and a small corner for an on board vet to help with the tummy aches from all the food and drink we always consume.

Please fellow kitties, contact Pinot or me as soon as possible to secure your Catmobile spot and be included to be picked up.

Your friend,
Groucho

I wanna go, I wanna go!!!! I wanna be wherever my Groucho will be!!!
Right darling? :love::):love:

signed
INKA:love:

Pinot's Mom
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
We're waiting on some more responses to set up the trip - anyone from Killearn, perhaps? Anyone from Medusa's Fur Posse healthy enough? I think there are some California kitties that haven't reserved a seat...come on kitties! :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Edwina, of course, is up for any opportunity to show off her fashion sense....but Eddie says he is only going if those adorable gray lasses from Scotland are there...(he is hoping he can get them to sing for him! He has heard there are some exceptional singers in Scotland:D)

Killearn Kitties
04-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Dear Pinot

I need your help. I am being held prisoner. Twice a day I am restrained and made to eat pills while a noxious fluid is dropped in my eyes! I am hoping that you can mount a rescue in the catmobile. I may also need legal advice from Groucho. Eddie will be able to guide you. He has been here before. Tell him Samantha will will sing for him. (The rest of you can bring your ear plugs).

Please help us. No-one will think to look for us in Kentucky.

Hopefully,

Daisy x

Pinot's Mom
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
:eek:
Don't worry, Daisy, help is on the way!

I'm a little under the weather myself, but your situation sounds dire! I'll rally Groucho, Eddie, and the rest of the troops in the Catmobile for a rescue! :love: I'm sure Edwina will take charge of fashioning a disguise for you-thank goodness everyone wears big hats! Maybe if Samantha sings the Wild Kitty theme song for Eddie that'll make his day!

We're there for you, Daisy! Come on Groucho and Eddie - we have a job to do! :love:

Pinot

Edwina's Secretary
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Eddie (aka Braveheart) to the rescue of Daisy!!! Come on everyone!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/tameddie.jpg

Pinot's Mom
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Groucho, we need the Catmobile - when can we rescue Daisy? No kitty should be held under such circumstances :p !!!

Please report!

Pinot

momcat
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
I need your help. I am being held prisoner. I am hoping that you can mount a rescue in the catmobile. I may also need legal advice from Groucho.
Hopefully,

Daisy x

Don't worry about a thing, Daisy. The Catmobile is gearing up to rescue you and will be on its way just as soon as the quickest route is mapped out.
Please pm me when you can get to the computer and tell me all about your situation, I'll take it from there. As you know, I'll represent you pro bono.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer
Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose

catmandu
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
And we have heard from the Animal Angel Army that the restaurant once owned by one of thier favorites Colenol Harlan Sanders is nearby , and a KFC Meal will be served with real Kentucky Fried Chicken , Mashed Poataoes , greens and the Gravy that Colenol Sanders :cool::cool: s so proud of!!
With great ice cream and pies as dessert!!!
YUMMMIES IN OUR TUMMIES!!!! PAW LICKING GOOD!!!!!
:):)

Pinot's Mom
04-25-2009, 10:45 PM
It's crunch time kitties! The Catmobile starts the rounds on Tuesday, the 28th - are you with me?

Pinot

rg_girlca
04-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh boy, oh boy, this sounds like fun.

You can count my crew in, especially Poppy. He is ssssssoooooo looking forward to being with his Poppy girl.

momcat
04-27-2009, 08:03 AM
The news is good. With the invaluable help of the A&P investigators and all the kitties who volunteered to help, Daisy has been rescued and is now safely in a secret and secure location. Our fashionista Lady Edwina devised the purrfect disquise for Daisy, her own Meowmie didn't even recognize her. Thank you a million times, Lady Edwina!

Charge your cell phones and finish packing, the modified eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile will be leaving Trenton first thing Wednesday morning. I've also been advised that those beautiful horses running in the Derby have planned a great welcome party for the PT kitty contingent on Friday night.

If anyone will be coming in on the Amtrack train, please let me know so you can be picked up. Along the way we'll be learning to sing "My Old Kentucky Home" so we can join in with all the other spectators.

It's still not too late to join us but please contact Pinot or me ASAP.

Your friend,
Groucho

momcat
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Come on kitties who haven't signed on for our trip to the Kentucky Derby! The Catmobile is due to leave Trenton early tomorrow morning so we have plenty of time to pick everyone up. All the horses competing in the race have a "Welcome PT Kitties" party planned for us that includes the traditional Mint Julep. It's still not too late to come! Contact Pinot or me for your place in the Catmobile ASAP. This is going to be a blast!

To those of you who have signed on, keep your cell phones charged up and be sure they're on tomorrow so we can call when we get to your neighborhood. Time to meet my lovely Inka at the airport. Be sure to call my cell phone if you'll be coming in by plane so we can be sure to find you!

lvpets2002
04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
:love: All of my Babies are packed & ready to go.. Taccoa cant wait to see her Elmer & Roco keeps pacing on when he will see his Pinot.. Oh yes we have snacks/treats & catnip tea made for all.. And just think the Horses are giving us kitties a Party.. Woo Hoo;)

Pinot's Mom
04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I am just beside myself! Mom's been unable to post today and didn't leave the computer on for me to use the keyboard! The NERVE - on such an important day!! I've been going on and on about this trip and seeing my sweetheart Roco :love:- she should have had more consideration :rolleyes:

Well, kitties, the route is mapped out:) - of course, Inka's the first - she has to meet with her sweetie Groucho; she'll be coming in with the rest of her crew to start the festivities. Eddie and Edwina are already in the secret location with the grey ladies of Killearn; they'll be on board as well, but we can't say where they'll be picked up. Then we have Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler; Laura's babies; the Catmandu posse (all of them:)!); the lvpets group (my Roco:love:); the rg_girlca kitties; I think that's it. Of course, for security reasons with Daisy, I cannot post the exact schedule, but you've all been contacted by cell phone to know when to expect the Catmobile.

The horsies will be hosting a special party in one of the stables and they've got some very special treats and entertainment lined up! We'll be thanking them with a song of our own to commemorate the occasion, so bring your best voice! If you've not checked in, don't worry, we won't leave you behind - call Groucho or me, we'll take care of you!!:love::D

Giddyup!
Pinot

Edwina's Secretary
04-28-2009, 07:31 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4942.jpg?t=1240964880

Pinot's Mom
04-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I don't think that's Lady Edwina's Derby hat, though, she wouldn't reveal such a special topper until the occasion! I think she's just warming up for that horsey party! :D

momcat
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi PT purrents!
Groucho called a short while ago. Everyone is having a blast singing, dancing, and munching out. The on-board vet is very nice and keeping a close eye on everyone. Groucho said she's quite good at the Alley Cat. I for one am happy to know we have a Catmobile vet travelling with them.

There was a bit of a delay when the Catmobile got a flat tire. With the help of several of the guy kitties, the very careful Catmobile driver was able to fix the problem. Eddie handled getting the spare in place like a pro!

They're on their way again looking forward to the party with the horses. Should you hear from your little traveller please let us know?

cassiesmom
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I am just beside myself! Mom's been unable to post today and didn't leave the computer on for me to use the keyboard! The NERVE - on such an important day!! I've been going on and on about this trip and seeing my sweetheart Roco :love:- she should have had more consideration :rolleyes:

Well, kitties, the route is mapped out:) - of course, Inka's the first - she has to meet with her sweetie Groucho; she'll be coming in with the rest of her crew to start the festivities. Eddie and Edwina are already in the secret location with the grey ladies of Killearn; they'll be on board as well, but we can't say where they'll be picked up. Then we have Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler; Laura's babies; the Catmandu posse (all of them:)!); the lvpets group (my Roco:love:); the rg_girlca kitties; I think that's it. Of course, for security reasons with Daisy, I cannot post the exact schedule, but you've all been contacted by cell phone to know when to expect the Catmobile.

The horsies will be hosting a special party in one of the stables and they've got some very special treats and entertainment lined up! We'll be thanking them with a song of our own to commemorate the occasion, so bring your best voice! If you've not checked in, don't worry, we won't leave you behind - call Groucho or me, we'll take care of you!!:love::D

Giddyup!
Pinot

Me too, me too ...
cassie

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Of course, Cassie, you're on the route. I think Pinot was so upset about not getting the keyboard she just didn't have her head on straight. I just don't know if she'll ever forgive me!:rolleyes: She didn't understand there was a massive server problem in MD & DC.

Cassie's Mom - when she goes missing, you know the Catmobile has whisked her off to Kentucky!;) She may have already gotten aboard; if not, soon!

According to Pinot's report, the kitties should all be in Kentucky by tomorrow afternoon to settle into their special parking spot and be greeted by the horsies. There'll be a reception where they'll all be installed as honorary Kentucky Colonels.

The horses are: Advice, Atomic Rain, Chocolate Candy, Desert Party, Dunkirk, Flying Private, Friesan Fire, General Quarters, Hold Me Back, I Want Revenge, Join in the Dance, Mind That Bird, Mr. Hot Stuff, Musket Man, Nowhere to Hide, Papa Clem, Pioneer of the Nile, Regal Ransom, Summer Bird & West Side Bernie.

Pinot says there seem to be even bets for I Want Revenge & Pioneer of the Nile. Pinot likes (although she's not a betting kitty, she's from a respectable Presbyterian family :)), just because of the names, Summer Bird and Join in the Dance. Mind That Bird also sounds - intriguing ;) to the kitties.

Well, in spite of the flat tire, it sounds like things are moving along well. Daisy is having a good time, as are all those aboard so far, and the weekend should be a real hoot! If they have too good of a time, they could go right on till the Preakness in Baltimore on May 16th!! I don't think that would be allowed by their Meowmies and Dads, though.

In any case, check in if you've heard from your babies.:D

momcat
04-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey Cassiesmom, not to worry! Last night Groucho said Cassie, Inka, and Lady Edwina were picking out a CD for their listening pleasure. All is well on the road to Kentucky. Cassie's fellow kitties would never go without her, they love her jokes :love:

Pinot's Mom
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Well everyone, the kitties are down for the evening after a reception with the horsies - all have a big day tomorrow! There's a new favorite in the race, so that colt has extra pressure - and it's I Want Revenge. It seems I Want Revenge was having some serious conversations with Cassie and Groucho at the meet and greet, so we'll have to see how that one went! At least that's the latest scuttlebutt...

We're awaiting the reveal of Lady Edwina's Derby Hat! Happy Derby Day, kitties, and don't have too many Juleps! OOOh, I forgot, they're all honorary Kentucky Colonels, now! There's a story there, too! :D

lvpets2002
05-02-2009, 10:45 AM
:eek: WoW I think I just saw some of the kitty babies running around with some those Mint Cat Nip Teas.. Also lets me get Roco off of the back of the horse.. He was getting the horse to give his Darling Loving Pinot for a ride..:D

Pinot's Mom
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Pinot is getting treated very well by her sweetheart Roco:love::).

Hot Story - I Want Revenge is SCRATCHED from the race! I wonder if that's what the conversation was about with Groucho and Cassie - methinks they have quite the inside scoop!!

Pinot's Mom
05-02-2009, 10:42 PM
The kitties pick a winner! Their "intriguing" choice, Mine that Bird, WAS THE WINNER! With nary a chance. Way to go kitties!! Now say goodbye to your horsey friends and come on home. We'll hear lots of stories, I'm sure...and I hope someone has a picture of Edwina's hat!:D

katladyd
05-02-2009, 11:57 PM
May I take Pinot and her gang with me the next time I go to the track? These kitties can pick 'em!!!;)

Pinot's Mom
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, Pinot's home, but she has many stories to tell still!!

There are so many stones unturned....Edwina's hat? Sparkler's newest escapade? The story behind I Want Revenge's conversation with the kitties?

I'm sure I'll hear some, but Meowmies & Daddies please post when all are accounted for and finished their naps!;)

cassiesmom
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Cassie napped with me today but didn't say much about the trip except that Lady Edwina's hat was smashing. I guess whatever happened at the Derby, stayed at the Derby!

momcat
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Groucho and Inka have arrived and the Catmobile has been cleaned up. It goes back to the local Jaguar dealer tomorrow. Both are sound asleep and Inka's plane leaves in the morning.

As for this discussion Groucho and Cassie had with the horse, Gorucho's response was "Not now, Meowmie." All of the PT kitties combined can't come close to my curiosity level right now. :confused: :confused: :confused:

lvpets2002
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
:love: Well all of my babies are home now & all tired.. Most all have sleeped all day yesterday.. That race was such a nail biter.. That horse "Main The Bird" shocked everyone.. Such a pretty running fast horsy.. All the babies had a Blast..

momcat
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Pinot's Mom;2146832] It seems I Want Revenge was having some serious conversations with Cassie and Groucho at the meet and greet, so we'll have to see how that one went! At least that's the latest scuttlebutt.../QUOTE]

Hi again fellow purrents! Well, considering this year's win was considered a major upset, the second biggest in Derby history, I've been trying to get the real deal out of Groucho as to what he, Cassie, and I Want Revenge were in such deep discussion about. Groucho always invokes "attorney/client privilege". All he will say is they all had a wonderful time, made new friends with the horses and even swapped cell phone numbers saying those horses sure know how to party. Groucho and Inka also said plans are already in the works to go back next year!

I have noticed a trend here. It seems when they get back from their Catmobile excursions they're very secretive about certain things. Has anyone else noticed that? What should we purrents do about it?

phesina
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I have noticed a trend here. It seems when they get back from their Catmobile excursions they're very secretive about certain things. Has anyone else noticed that? What should we purrents do about it?

As Sparkler's Meowmie, I certainly have noticed it! This time it's "What happens at the Derby stays at the Derby!"

Will they be going to the Preakness too? Now that they're all such good friends with all these horsies..

lvpets2002
05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
:love: For sure = I so agree.. Oh yes now when is the Preakness?? I will have to tell the babies.. Taccoa always enjoys seeing her Elmer..
As Sparkler's Meowmie, I certainly have noticed it! This time it's "What happens at the Derby stays at the Derby!"

Will they be going to the Preakness too? Now that they're all such good friends with all these horsies..

phesina
05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
The Preakness is on May 16 (two weeks after the Derby) in Baltimore. Then, three weeks (I think) after the Preakness, is the Belmont Stakes in Elmont, NY. These three races make up the Triple Crown.

There's enough time between the races for the kitties to get all rested up and ready to party again!

Pinot's Mom
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
:love: For sure = I so agree.. Oh yes now when is the Preakness?? I will have to tell the babies.. Taccoa always enjoys seeing her Elmer..
You might want to alert Roco as well.....:love:

All the kitties are welcome for the Preakness! They can stay at Pinot's place - we live 15 miles from downtown Baltimore and her Mom & Dad commute there everyday! She'd love to show them the garden she plays in and the State Park she TRIES to play in! The Preakness is a BIG thing around here.

Now, as for the secrets...we still haven't seen Edwina's hat, and I think Sparkler and her body guards started the whole "secrets in the Catmobile" thing in New Orleans!
:)

lvpets2002
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
:love: Oh yes I told Roco we would be staying at his SweetHeart Pinot's place & he has not stoped dancing & singing Woo Hoo yet.. Heck we may put him in the race.. He may win with all of his energy.. He gets this away when I mention Pinot name.. We are all ready to go here..

phesina
05-07-2009, 03:34 PM
My gang are all rarin' to go again.. and Sparkler has this bright GLEAM in her eye...

cassiesmom
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
The Preakness is on May 16th. I told Cassie to swing by Charm City Cakes, if the kitties have time, and bring home a piece of cake and Chef Duff's autograph. She wants to know if Pinot and Groucho will point the Catmobile northward after the Preakness so they can continue on to the Found Cats' Hotel in time for Victoria Day on the 18th?