View Full Version : Conficker eye chart test

Laura's Babies
04-13-2009, 08:43 AM
To test your machine and see if you have this conficker on your computer, there is a easy test, Go here and if you see all the pictures on the chart, you do not have it.. It only takes a minute..

http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.html

Husky_mom
04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
and what is this conficker thing?.... do I want to have it?... what does it improves?... just wondering ;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
and what is this conficker thing?.... do I want to have it?... what does it improves?... just wondering ;)
No, you don't want to have it. It's worm virus that has or is going to infect many computers.

I was able to see all of the pictures so I hope that this is an accurate test.:)

moosmom
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I saw this on one of the talk shows and immediately went and googled conficker eye chart. I saw all the stop pictures which means I'm safe. Thank God!! I'd be lost without my computer.

I mean after all, how would I argue with my big brother if I didn't have my computer?

happylabs
04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
That is very cool! Thanks so much for posting this. I had heard about the conficker virus but the last I read they didn't think it would infect personal computers, just businesses. I checked my work computer and I am fine here. Have to check my home computer when I get home. Why don't these hackers and virus creating people find something constructive to do?!? If they are this intelligent they should be putting it to good use.

pomtzu
04-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I read that if you can't access the security that you have installed on your computer, then you are already infected. I ran a manual scan and I'm okay. It was also advised to not take advantage of any free scans to check for infection, since it could direct you to an infected site. Makes sense to me!

Hellow
04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Why don't these hackers and virus creating people find something constructive to do?!? If they are this intelligent they should be putting it to good use.

Script kiddies that have nothing better to do make up the majority of black hats (these types of people). But, Grey Hats actually do something constructive with their hacking/cracking, like exploiting a hole in a server only to patch it once they are in. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_hat.

Anyways, I just had to lol at this, obviously one of the pictures on this page is busted (screenshot attached, with proof that I really couldnt catch this worm in the terminal window).

Laura's Babies
04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
It was also advised to not take advantage of any free scans to check for infection, since it could direct you to an infected site

This is just a web page that comes up with pictures, nothing get into your computer, no scanning of anykind. The pictures are of Anti Virus program pictures which the worm has been programmed to prevent.

(Did I explain that right enough?)

Hellow
04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
The pictures are of Anti Virus program pictures which the worm has been programmed to prevent.

Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD are Anti-Virus programs? XD just had to do that

CountryWolf07
04-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I could see ALL but one on the top row - the middle one - what does that mean?

Moesha
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Did you wait long enough? It took quite a while for that middle one to show up for me, but after a minute or two of trying to load, it came up.

pomtzu
04-14-2009, 05:45 AM
This is just a web page that comes up with pictures, nothing get into your computer, no scanning of anykind. The pictures are of Anti Virus program pictures which the worm has been programmed to prevent.

(Did I explain that right enough?)

Sure you did - I guess I didn't tho!! :eek:

I wasn't referring to these pictures as a scan - just an eye test. I meant stay away from the offers of an actual free scan.

:D (Did I explain that right enough?) :D

happylabs
04-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Well, the bad news is that I could not get the website to come up on my computer at home. :( Does that mean I have a virus? My computer has been very S L O W lately.

pomtzu
04-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Well, the bad news is that I could not get the website to come up on my computer at home. :( Does that mean I have a virus? My computer has been very S L O W lately.

I don't know. Do you mean the "eye test" or your own anti virus program like Norton? I just tried the eye test again and it came up for me.

happylabs
04-14-2009, 08:14 AM
The website link. It said it was unavailable or something like that.

pomtzu
04-14-2009, 08:24 AM
The website link. It said it was unavailable or something like that.

Hmm - strange - I got right to it just a minute ago.

Do you have a commercial program like Norton installed on your computer that you could run? I ran a manual on mine yesterday, so I guess I'm okay.

I'd hate to get infected and have this worm get my passwords to my bank and credit cards!!! :eek: I was wondering also, that if someone has their bank accounts wiped out, if something like that is insured by the FDIC. I don't want to have to find out tho!!!

davidpizzica
04-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Apparently it didn't affect my web tv system as I was able to see all six symbols right away. I don't think a web tv is an actual computer, though.