PDA

View Full Version : Looks can be deceiving

Grace
04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Introducing Susan Boyle - turn up your volume and enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow! What a wonderful surprise.:) She sure has an excellent voice and I hope that she'll be able to live her dream now.:)

DJFyrewolf36
04-12-2009, 09:34 PM
:eek: I loved her attitude with Simon and then she started to sing and WOW!! I hope she lives out her dream for sure, Ill be the first in line for a cd!!

I love how someone commented that she should get voice lessons *eyeroll*

Daisy and Delilah
04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
A perfect reason to not judge a book by it's cover. I love stories like this. She proved that we don't have to look gorgeous and be young to be able to sing.
I do feel bad that they made it so obvious that everyone was against her. That had to hurt her feelings. I hope the compliments stop making her wonder why she was so undesirable at the start.

Thanks for sharing that. It really made my night.:)

GO SUSAN!!!:D

blue
04-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Flat out WOW! That is a phenomenal set of pipes.

Grace
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I have been replaying that over and over tonight. She's amazing and I hope that this will bring her some joy.

Laura's Babies
04-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I am listening to her over and OVER! What a BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE!!! Listening to her gives me the chills!!!! BRAVO SUSAN!

Scooter's Mom
04-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I am in awe. I wish I could sing even a tiny bit as well!

She's got an amazing talent.

Prairie Purrs
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I adore her! I hope she wins a bucketload of cash and gets a recording contract!

Medusa
04-13-2009, 06:49 AM
I'd love to see her go all the way to the top!

Laura's Babies
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I keep going back to watch it and posted it on my Facebook page. I am so amazed with her. That little dance (wiggle) she did and told Simon "and that was only one side" What a hoot she is!

gini
04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow! What a wonderful way to start out the day by seeing this video.
It just gave me chills. God love her - and may she live her dream!

moosmom
04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Her voice is AMAZING and it actually brought tears to my eyes!!!

Randi
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Wow, what an amazing voice she has!! She should have been discovered years ago! I hope she'll get a recording contract... and she'll be able to have her hair done at a good hairdresser. :D

lvpets2002
04-13-2009, 11:56 AM
:eek: WoW she was amazing.. I just loved her singing.. Well now her dream has come true.. You go go Susan..

4 Dog Mother
04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow, what a surprise! I too have been listening over and over again. She is just amazing and she doesn't blink when they say that she had been judged by her looks. What an amazing voice! I hope she gets all she has dreamed of!

Grace
04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
WOW - it's just short of 48 hours since I posted this. The hits on the You Tube site then were just over 400,000.

Now it's over 3 million, and still rising!!

As I write this, I'm listening once again to her glorious voice :)

pomtzu
04-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Wow - I'm sitting here in awe after listening to her - brought tears to my eyes. A beautiful voice and a beautiful song too! I hadn't listened earlier since my speakers aren't hooked back up yet, so I had to plug in the headphones to see what everyone was raving about. Just the looks on Simon's and the other's faces was worth my time. It's not too often that he is impressed.

Moesha
04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Going to be more. They're featuring her on World News Tonight.

pomtzu
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow! Charlie Gibson just did the feature on ABC News. Looks like she has captured the world's attention.
I hope she has a wonderful career ahead of her - she deserves the best! :)

Grace
04-14-2009, 06:13 PM
She also made NBC Nightly News and CNN today.

Laura's Babies
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I have been back SO many times that part of that 3 million views was me not being able to stay away! I get the same chills everytime I go back and listen to her. I can not believe the world has been cheated out of this voice for so long.. Better late than never, I hope her dreams all come true now.

I have my TV on the channel for the world news tonight...waiting. The WORLD is in love and I want to see how they treat this.

gini
04-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Just plain old goosebumps and tears here on the left coast!

I am waiting to see her on the news too.

DJFyrewolf36
04-15-2009, 04:21 AM
If anyone finds the Youtube vids of the news broadcasts please post!

Moesha
04-15-2009, 07:02 AM
They have a story on Good Morning America this morning as well.

pomtzu
04-15-2009, 07:35 AM
They have a story on Good Morning America this morning as well.

I saw that too. Did you notice their description?? - "The Voice of An Angel"???
I haven't seen that term used since Charlotte Church took the world by storm when she was only 14.
I think it's wonderful that this woman is finally getting the recognition that she deserves. Seems like it's long overdue!

Cataholic
04-15-2009, 09:37 AM
I do feel bad that they made it so obvious that everyone was against her. That had to hurt her feelings. I hope the compliments stop making her wonder why she was so undesirable at the start.

I thought the same thing. I was amazed by her voice, and was glad she was getting the recognition. However, I can't really see why everyone was so against her, if in fact they were, and why anyone would find her so undesirable. I agree they certainly made it seem that way. I just didn't feel that way.

pomtzu
04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I thought the same thing. I was amazed by her voice, and was glad she was getting the recognition. However, I can't really see why everyone was so against her, if in fact they were, and why anyone would find her so undesirable. I agree they certainly made it seem that way. I just didn't feel that way.

Unfortunately, too many people judge a book by it's cover. In the entertainment world, more emphasis seems to be placed on looks, rather than talent.

Taz_Zoee
04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Also remember on these shows they show you want they want you to see. They probably just took clips of people making those facial expressions to make you think everyone was against her at first.

I've watched several years of American Idol and I don't recall seeing Simon with such a huge, genuine smile on his face.

Good for this woman! I am very proud of her! :)

gini
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I think when someone is genuine we have the ability to see it immediately.

She showed us who she is - and her talent - and now all are in love with her.

I am happy she is getting all of the media attention and the whole world gets to know her.

Laura's Babies
04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
If anyone finds the Youtube vids of the news broadcasts please post

PLEASE!!! I can't wait for the next one to come up! I am almost holding my breath in anticipation... and can't WAIT for her first ablum!!!

Edit.. Our local news covered her tonight and CBS is doing a story on her tonight. They said she already has a contract. She has been noticed and she is BIG NEWS now!! GO SUSAN GO!!!

Edwina's Secretary
04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I first saw a bit of her while at work...I had to wait to watch the whole thing until I got home. Wouldn't do to be crying like a baby in the office.

Just incredible.

Moesha
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I just saw an ad that Susan will be performing on The Early Show on CBS tomorrow morning.

Laura's Babies
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Yea, from her own kitchen they said. I don't care where she is, I want to hear her some more...

carole
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
she is amazing, she reminds me of Paul Potts, who won Britains got Talent he too was discovered, and did not exactly fit in, with being chubby and a bit unkempt,(i thought he was a NZer but not sure on that) he has made it big time too, so i am hoping this scottish woman can do the same,WOW is all i can really say and you go girl.:)

Marigold2
04-15-2009, 09:26 PM
She is so wonderful with her peppy tude and great smile, also that voice, given by angles. She will have a recording contract and she will have all the fame and money she will ever want or need. It's so nice to see this, a breath of fresh air to have happiness and joy reported.

pomtzu
04-16-2009, 05:36 AM
I would love to hear her do a duet with Josh Groban. Those 2 together would be awesome!!! :love:

Grace
04-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I thought it appropriate that on my 3000th post, I talk about numbers.

As of right now, Susan's You Tube video has garnered over 12 million hits. She has added 4 million in the past 12 hours!!

Laura's Babies
04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Grace, she was on EVERY newscast I saw yesterday and is all over TV. She is a overnight sensation. When I went and looked for the first time, I was HOOKED.

I would love to hear her sing with Josh and Andrea Bocelli. She is a fairy tale story and I really think she was given this chance to teach us not to be so quick to judge people. A LESSON I gladly learned from her, I just hope no one takes advantage of her and someone looks after her interests. Don't ya just want to ((((HUG)))) her!

gini
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I just hope no one takes advantage of her and someone looks after her interests. Don't ya just want to ((((HUG)))) her!

Doesn't she seem as though she would be a great friend - funny, warm,
and she has a C A T!! Can't get any better than that!

Grace
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Interview with CBS NEWS (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4949467n) this morning.

lizbud
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I loved her singing. I love the song, and she did it well.:)

I hope her Mother is alive to see her girl now.:)

Laura's Babies
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Sadly, I have discovered I have a new disease, it is called "SUSAN-MANIA", it is contagious and spreading around the world via the internet and TV. The only known treatment is MORE SUSAN BOYLE! I was first exposed to it right here on Pet Talk.. What to do? What to do? :eek:

Be very careful or you will have this dreaded disease!

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Eff Simon Cowell and his ilk.......

What is the deal with this woman's looks?

This shows how really shallow all the people who judge the TV talent shows.

This gal can sing and it's people that only see 'beautiful talented' performers that make her story jump to the front.

If she was some 40 year old gal that was hotter than the sun, doors would have opened up for her long ago...

To judge her by her 'look' and not even give her a chance until she opened her mouth is really lame.

Cowell will make a ton of money off of her talent and when the ride is over, she'll be tossed to the side of the road.-Used up for her talent and discarded like trash.

Run away from Simon. He's a waste of space on the planet.

pomtzu
04-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Cowell will make a ton of money off of her talent and when the ride is over, she'll be tossed to the side of the road.-Used up for her talent and discarded like trash.

Geeze - rain on the parade!!! You can't be serious!!!!! :confused: This gal is going to be around for a LONG time. :)

pomtzu
04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Sadly, I have discovered I have a new disease, it is called "SUSAN-MANIA", it is contagious and spreading around the world via the internet and TV. The only known treatment is MORE SUSAN BOYLE! I was first exposed to it right here on Pet Talk.. What to do? What to do? :eek:

Be very careful or you will have this dreaded disease!

I really think we need to blame Grace for it spreading like wildfire thru PT! :D

Grace
04-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I really think we need to blame Grace for it spreading like wildfire thru PT! :D

I will gladly accept all blame for this lovely phenomenon :)

I hope her Mother is alive to see her girl now

Her mother died a year or so ago. One reason why she tried out for this show - it was a favorite of her mother.

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Geeze - rain on the parade!!! You can't be serious!!!!! :confused: This gal is going to be around for a LONG time. :)

Raining on parades is all some people know how to do! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Don't let them bother you.

I too, am addicted. And if what she gets is her 15 minutes of fame....her moment in the sunshine...how wonderful is that? A more worthy person would be hard to find!

gini
04-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Aww Richard. Why don't you go back to bed - take a nap - and then get up on the OTHER SIDE!!:D:D

RICHARD
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Aww Richard. Why don't you go back to bed - take a nap - and then get up on the OTHER SIDE!!:D:D

And smash my head on the wall, again!:confused::D

NO doubt, she will rock the planet. But, it just irks me to see SC act like he discovered her!

Edwina's Secretary
04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
But, it just irks me to see SC act like he discovered her!

Because...he did? He created the show that provided her the opportunity.

Grace
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Tomorrow night (Friday) on Larry King.

As of now - 16,444,554 hits on You Tube.

DJFyrewolf36
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I can't wait to hear more!

blue
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Because...he did? He created the show that provided her the opportunity.

Thats exactly why she should run to any other production company then SCs.

If she is legally allowwed to do so.

Killearn Kitties
04-17-2009, 05:07 AM
As of now - 16,444,554 hits on You Tube.

18,663,852 hits as of this morning. :D Oh ... plus another three from me. :p I think I am in the grip of Susan-mania.

Thanks for posting the clip from CBS. That was not a song I knew at all, and the words were much clearer without all the reverb. I would like to have seen Pebbles though. :D

Killearn Kitties
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Just noticed that The Daily Record newspaper has a recording of Susan Boyle on a charity CD signing Cry me a River (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/). They have posted it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ) too.

Wonder if any have appeared on ebay yet?

Grace
04-17-2009, 08:23 AM
WOW !!!

Thanks for posting the link. She is remarkable.

And I would have loved to see her cat, also.

pomtzu
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Thats exactly why she should run to any other production company then SCs.

If she is legally allowwed to do so.

It would be so nice to see just one thread that didn't get corrupted. I thought that maybe this would be the one, and until last night it was. If the shoe fits - wear it - and this applies to all the naysayers..........take the negativity elsewhere please. :mad:

Laura's Babies
04-17-2009, 08:48 AM
She sounds just as good singing Cry Me A River as she did I Dreamed a Dream. WOW! over 18 million hits this morning on her You Tube video. SUSAN-MANIA is spreading!

Check out her web sight here... http://www.susan-boyle.com/ (I am already signed up)

Edwina's Secretary
04-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I would like to have seen Pebbles though. :D

Exactly my thought! When do we get to see Pebbles?????

Prairie Purrs
04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
So now I want an album of showtunes and an album of old standards! Her "Cry Me a River" is enchanting. And add me to the list of fans awaiting a glimpse of Pebbles! :D

gini
04-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Just noticed that The Daily Record newspaper has a recording of Susan Boyle on a charity CD signing Cry me a River (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/). They have posted it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ) too.

Wonder if any have appeared on ebay yet?

Oh Karen, thanks for posting this. She just doesn't quit does she - what a fabulous rendition of this song! And it was recorded in 1999, I think.

I can just imagine the quality of a cd they could put together for her - her voice has no limitations.

Goodness, I can't even listen to it without getting teary eyed....what an uplifting story - and we sure can use some uplifting stories right now in our time.

Medusa
04-17-2009, 12:07 PM
I just like the fact that she can actually SING and not do tricks w/her voice as so many do today. Since Barbra Streisand I've not heard real singing. Society seems to be so fixated on T&A and singers shakin' their booties in our faces. What a breath of fresh air that she can sing and from the heart.

Grace
04-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I just like the fact that she can actually SING and not do tricks w/her voice as so many do today.

Exactly!!

Yesterday we watched Opening Day at the new Yankee Stadium. With all the talent available in NYC, one would think the National Anthem would have been a pleasure to hear. Not so much. They chose Kelly Clarkson who wobbled and wavered all over the place. All those stupid little things they do these days.

Medusa
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Exactly!!

Yesterday we watched Opening Day at the new Yankee Stadium. With all the talent available in NYC, one would think the National Anthem would have been a pleasure to hear. Not so much. They chose Kelly Clarkson who wobbled and wavered all over the place. All those stupid little things they do these days.

Yes, it sounds more like yodeling than singing to me. This gal is a pleasure to listen to. Reminds me of the old days when I'd put on an album and could actually sing along. Can't do that nowadays. (Boy, is my age showing.)

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
If the shoe fits - wear it - and this applies to all the naysayers..........take the negativity elsewhere please. :mad:

What?

Where exactly did I say anything against this woman?

She is extraordinary and my comments were all about how we look at singers-who cannot sing and look good and the way that Simon CowBell will use HER talent to make money for his non-talented Arse.

Cowell has his greasy fingers in all the 'talent' shows he shows up in and forces the contestants to sign contracts with him - which curtails any earning potential that the talent may have.

I wish her all the best and many years of performing, but by getting tangled up with Simon AH, she'll get hacked before she ever sees any of the money she deserves.

Seacrest out!

pomtzu
04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
What?

Where exactly did I say anything against this woman?

She is extraordinary and my comments were all about how we look at singers-who cannot sing and look good and the way that Simon CowBell will use HER talent to make money for his non-talented Arse.

Cowell has his greasy fingers in all the 'talent' shows he shows up in and forces the contestants to sign contracts with him - which curtails any earning potential that the talent may have.

I wish her all the best and many years of performing, but by getting tangled up with Simon AH, she'll get hacked before she ever sees any of the money she deserves.

Seacrest out!

You responded - shoe must have fit - 'nuff said.

And I was referring to negativity related to anything posted in this thread - not against Susan Boyle. Your distaste of SC could have been addressed elsewhere.

And lest I forget - that's just IMHO.
I really should put that in my siggy!

Laura's Babies
04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Exactly my thought! When do we get to see Pebbles?????

That was one of my questions on her web page to her.. I told her he will have his own fan club following and we need PICTURES of him!

lvpets2002
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
:) WoW have you heard her song "Cry Me A River" that she recorded 10 years ago.. It was pushed to the side & no sales.. Again she is Great.. Her voice is Awesome..

Medusa
04-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I've been reading this man's work for years and he's quite proud of Susan and wrote this about her:

Susan Boyle was born on April Fool’s day, 1961. This April, she has proved to the world that she’s no fool.

Her horoscope contains a full Moon in Libra, Mars square the Sun and Venus square to Saturn. These alignments speak of a challenging childhood. But those who struggle long enough usually, eventually, succeed.

Susan, interestingly, has an ‘unaspected Uranus’. The planet of sudden change simply doesn’t connect to any of the other planets in her horoscope. It is hard for folk with this placement to break out of their routines. But since she was born, slow-moving Uranus has crept half way round the zodiac. Her breakthrough has come just as it finally opposes its own birth position, aspecting itself and unleashing her suppressed potential.

Talk about timing! Nothing now, can stand in her way, other than the chance that she flinches from fame... or does something that alienates viewers. That’s possible... but unlikely.

This summer a rare conjunction of Jupiter and Neptune heralds a time when many dreams come true. It will soon fill the hearts of millions with a feelgood factor that has been sorely lacking.

And so, for many years to come, will Susan.

Name: Susan Boyle

Date: 01 April 1961

Time: Sunrise assumed

Place: Blackburn, Bathgate, Scotland

GMT Time (Adjusted):

1st April 1961, 05:47:00

All contents copyright Jonathan Cainer 2009. World Rights Reserved.

Laura's Babies
04-18-2009, 09:55 AM
I just feel like the timing wasn't right for her to be discovered and break out into the world until now, God puts you where he wants you to be and her time to shine is here at last. She has been "God Slapped" now and He has pushed her forward where He wants her now.

Just LOOK at the pure JOY she has brought to so many lives during these bad times. Look how she has joined the world together just out of excitement over her.. We ALL share that one common thread. I really think this is bigger than anything that has ever happened, 25 million hits on her You Tube today!
Thank God for You Tube or the world would have missed this experience! I wonder if You Tube has EVER had anything get this many hits in so few days...

I have watched this video myself at least 50 times, I still get chills and tear up EVERY time!

Killearn Kitties
04-18-2009, 12:18 PM
On your behalf, I have just sat through an interview with Susan by her local paper, because it promised -

"How did Pebbles take it? Watch and find out!"

So I did. I was all excited. When the interviewer mentioned Pebbles however, she revealed that he was upstairs and refused to come down. I'm not sure that Susan is PT material, she sounded rather incredulous when asked how Pebbles took her success, before revealing that he was just an ordinary wee pet. Ordinary! :eek:

lizbud
04-18-2009, 05:07 PM
On your behalf, I have just sat through an interview with Susan by her local paper, because it promised -

"How did Pebbles take it? Watch and find out!"

So I did. I was all excited. When the interviewer mentioned Pebbles however, she revealed that he was upstairs and refused to come down. I'm not sure that Susan is PT material, she sounded rather incredulous when asked how Pebbles took her success, before revealing that he was just an ordinary wee pet. Ordinary! :eek:

It's clear she has never met a PTer.:D Maybe she is reluctant to show
"ordinary" people how much a part of her life Pebbles really is.:)

Karen
04-18-2009, 05:11 PM
It's clear she has never met a PTer.:D Maybe she is reluctant to show
"ordinary" people how much a part of her life Pebbles really is.:)

Or Pebbles, like certain other cats I know, refuses to show himself in the presence of strangers! ;)

Twisterdog
04-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Holy! :eek:

Astounding.

A million times over I would rather see something nice like this happen to a real, genuine person like Susan Boyle.

I hope her fifteen minutes of fame lasts a LOT longer.

Both of those songs brought tears to my eyes. What a great story.

Laura's Babies
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.susan-boyle.com/video/Susan-Boyle-Sings-New-Song-Whis

She just gets keeps going!

Go to the home page (there) and there is also a earlier recording (video) of her singing Killing Me softly With a Song.

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2009, 05:17 PM
I saw Pebbles! I saw Pebbles! Just a brief glimpse, but he looked gorgeous!
Susan took the most votes from her semi-final tonight and is through to next Saturday's final. :D

Grace
05-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Oprah did a segment about Susan a couple of weeks ago, and there was a brief shot of Pebbles. What a gorgeous cat - with wonderful green eyes.

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, it was only the briefest shot. It may well have come from the Oprah program.

cassiesmom
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I saw a clip on the evening news about Susan Boyle advancing to the semi-finals of "Britain's Got Talent". She looked nice! She must have had her eyebrows waxed, and she had on a pretty, sparkly dress. And of course she sounded great. Simon Cowell didn't say much when she was performing, which is fine with me because I've seen him be so negative, bordering on downright mean, on "American Idol". I wish they would show the semi-final rounds here, but I'll have to find it on the Internet. What a great story!

Laura's Babies
05-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Susan took the most votes from her semi-final tonight and is through to next Saturday's final.

I keep going to You Tube looking for her newest appearance and checking out her competetion..OMG! She has some competetion.. Have you checked out;

Julian Smith? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xC3TdM2Xk

Or Jamie Pugh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KHRf02ups (tissue alert on this one)

Or Gregg Pritchard.. what a shocker this one was!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2B_G7MY94

or this little girl Natalie Okri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mAqUWuJayw

There is a ton of great talent on that show and I would hate to be a judge and have to decide. It will be interesting to see what happens but my money is on Susan Boyle, Jamie Pugh, Julian Smith or little Natalie Okri (with Julian Smith the winner out of the ones I have seen so far, leaving Susan Boyle free to make a LOT more $$$$$!)

Off to You Tube to see if Susan is on there from latest appearance..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/SusanMakeover.jpg

Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncyQKe6CnQ

OMG! She stared out bad but ended with a BANG! GO SUSAN!

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Little Natalie Okri didn't get through from last night's round. She is an absolutely gorgeous little girl with so much personality, but she was up against some stiff opposition.

Susan was very nervous, wasn't she?

gini
05-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Susan Boyle absolutely gives me goosebumps every time I hear her sing.

Yes, I got to see Pebbles too - what a darling kitty.

I think I need to invite Pebbles to Thursdays so we can give her a catnip tea.

pomtzu
05-25-2009, 12:16 PM
She's just amazing. If she doesn't take the title, a whole lot of people will be shocked, including me!

gini
05-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh Laura, thanks for posting those links - thanks to you I am now out of Kleenex!!

Laura's Babies
05-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Little Natalie Okri blew me away with her audition but I was terriably dissapointed in her finale performance. I get goose bumps over Susans "Somewhere".... It was obvious she didn't warm up her voice and went out there cold but the smile on her face when she recovered was priceless! The ending gave me GOOSE BUMPS!!

I want to hear MORE Julian Smith too!

Catty1
05-25-2009, 05:53 PM
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z0yAZwNktYA/Se9pl-NJiwI/AAAAAAAAAB8/Gw0rwK2GEcU/S220/Pebbles%2Band%2BPearls.JPG&imgrefurl=http://susan-boyle-news.blogspot.com/&usg=__pgwRykqDSO_gm93ni1ldPWu_Ric=&h=220&w=147&sz=8&hl=en&start=16&tbnid=aMy9owily8wXBM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=71&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPebbles,%2BSusan%2BBoyle%2527s%2BCat% 26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

The blog says this is her! GORGEOUS!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z0yAZwNktYA/Se9pl-NJiwI/AAAAAAAAAB8/Gw0rwK2GEcU/S220/Pebbles+and+Pearls.JPG

Laura's Babies
05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
If that is her she is stunning! I am surprised there are not pictures all over the internet of Pebbles... everwhere I go (On the web) there are people wanting to see pictures.

ALERT!! ******Pebbles is in THIS video with Susan... brief but still in it!!
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=85514648373&h=97hln&u=TmDrs

I just keep finding more, posted on one of her fan sights someone wrote

As many People could tell Susan was very nerves at the beginning of her song Memory, but it was not the pressure that made her nerves; it was during dress rehearsal Susan nearly fell flat on her face while she was walking up to the microphone because of the shoes she was wearing. As she came out onto the stage she was worried that the early incident might happen again during her live performs. However she was able to recover and still perform wonderfully, despite what “Princes Tart” thinks about her, Susan has more class humor and talent than Princes botox will ever have.