PDA

View Full Version : Paypal angst!

Catty1
04-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Okay....I have two PayPal accounts. A client wants to pay be credit card, no problem. Except she is unable to pay with credit card to either of my PayPal accounts.

Another client did this with no problem.

She has PayPal through a game she plays on the Internet, but I don't think that is an account!

What does she need to do with her credit card to get it to work?

Thanks!

Seravieve
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
She needs to go to Paypal.com and make sure she has an account. Then she needs to click on 'Edit Profile', then 'Credit/Debit' cards under Financial (middle column). Then click on the orange 'Add a Card' button if it doesnt show up in the list of cards.

To confirm the card, Paypal will charge two small amounts and she'll have to enter those amounts into a page on paypal once this happens to verify that the card is hers.

Nomilynn
04-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Do they have the chips in them? Does that make a difference?

Catty1
04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Seravieve - what you wrote reminds me of the process involved in hooking up your Bank Account on PayPal. They make two small deposits into the account, and you confirm the amounts in your PayPal account. After that, the money can be deposited into your account.

I can't see that applying to credit cards, somehow. I thought a person did not need to have a PayPal account to make a payment. Has that changed?

Thanks, folks...will keep on trying to figure this out and appreciate any info you have.

Catlady711
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I believe that to pay through Paypal you still have to have an account, that's how I ended up with one.

The thing where they send small amounts to the bank account is just for Paypal confirmed payers, not a necessity simply to pay by credit card, unless the buyer states they have to be a confirmed member.

Whatever you do, don't take payment any other way than through paypal no matter what their story is. There's way too much fraud going on these days and with identity theft and a good sob story people are getting ripped off.

Seravieve
04-13-2009, 10:19 PM
I thought they did charge the amounts to a credit card as well as when verifying a checking account. I'm not too sure since I haven't done that it a while, but I do use Paypal daily for my eBay business.

And yes, you have to have an account to make a payment. There's not Guest option.

Catty1
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks, all. :)

The client and I are trying something. I'll keep you posted.

I used to work at a magazine, and a number of subscribers were able to pay us by PayPal without having an account. Maybe that has changed in the last couple of years.

Will be interesting to see.