PDA

View Full Version : Meowmie's new toy

momcat
04-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey there fellow kitties!
A few days ago Meowmie told Soncat that she was going to the mall for a haircut (whatever that is). Well, she came home a few hours later with a brand new vakoom cleaner :eek: It took some time but I was able to convince the other one this is my house and it was just too darn loud and kept taking things like food I was saving for a snack later on. Fortunately it got the message and stopped doing anything, it wouldn't even make any noise!
Well, Meowmie spent all afternoon playing with this new toy of hers. Soncat and I couldn't even hear the ballgame this thing is so loud. Then when I checked, this monster not only ate my food, it took all of my beautiful fur that I leave for Meowmie and Soncat when we go on Catmobile trips! This is an outrage!
Fellow kitties, do your Meowmies use these nasty things in your house? Do they take your things too? Something must be done about these vakoom cleaners. What do you think we should do?

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
04-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Dear Groucho,

My meowmie just got a new one of those things too! I think they should be against kitty laws!
The vakoom she had made loud growling noises, but meowmie said that after awhile it just pushed the dirt around. But that was okay with me, because it gave me all kinds of new things to sniff and smell. It must not have been okay with meowmie, though because she brought home a NEW ONE! I don't like the new one, because it makes an awful lot of noise, just like the first one did. When I see meowmie with it, I run and hide. We have a rule. I wait for her to say, "Bye-bye, vacuum!" and put it all the way away before I come out from my hidey spot.

And you know what? About once a week I hear that same noise on the other side of our apartment door. It starts out soft, and then gets really loud. That's when I head for my hidey spot - just in case that noisy thing is going to be on my side of the door next! After awhile it goes away, though. I don't like the vakoom ONE BIT. My late fur-cousin Poco the Siamese cat used to chase it! Can you believe that?

It's been nice talking to you! Could you please have your momcat and soncat give you lots of petting and hugs from us?

Love and purrs,
Cassie

happylabs
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Groucho...Meows and purrs from Buddy. My maw has one of these things too. The other 3 cats hide when she gets it out but I am still trying to figure the thing out so I lurk around while it is running. All I know is that everything gets picked up off the floor and yes sometimes some of my good stuff is sucked up into that thing! I had a string I like to play with and also a piece of cardboard that came off of some box. They are gone now. :( It hasn't sucked up my food yet though. whew!

columbine
04-12-2009, 07:05 AM
My human has one of those too. I don't like it at all! Sometimes she doesn't like it either. She calls it a bunch of names, takes its head off, and pulls out its guts! I gave it a good sniff one of those times. It smelled dusty. But then she put a thing it it and stuck its head back on, and it went back to making noise. She says that I'm a good influence, because tracking litter all over the house reminds her to vacuum. So I guess I just have to put up with it, because I can't help being such a good cat!

Love, Smudge

catmandu
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Our cat dad sweeps a lot , and we dont mind that as its quiet, and we dont even mind when he washes the floor!!!
But that dust busters too loud , and he doesnt us that unless its getting too dusty!!!
We try Nad make compromises here!!
:):):):):):)

Laura's Babies
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Ah! Hi fellow felines, Amy here. So, your hoomans have one of those horrid things too? :eek: OH MAN! I HATE it, it terrifies me and I run as fast as I can when I hear it coming out of that room.. Mama always picks me up and puts me in another room and shuts the door like I won't hear it in there but I can STILL here it and I shake and tremble in fear! Phew, thank our creator that she don't use that big noisey thing often but she uses the little one that roams all over the house while she sits at the computer OFTEN. That one don't scare us so we don't run and hide (but we do get annoyed when it disturbs us by bumping into our bed).

We need to ban together and get the big mean noisey things outlawed!

Amy

cassiesmom
12-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Dear Groucho, can you please help me? I have trained my meowmie to say a warning out loud before she gets that darned thing out, but guess what? Yesterday she clean forgot. When I heard it, I was so frightened I ran and hid under the bed!

Thank you,
Cassie

Catty1
12-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Goggies are scared too! What to do?

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Comics/TheArgyleSweater/2011/11/24/tas_2011_12_02.gif&size=570x0&quality=85?src=/Comics/TheArgyleSweater/2011/11/24/tas_2011_12_02.gif&size=570&quality=85

katladyd
12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Our meowmie has TWO of them. One is yellow and dat one isn't too bad. She used dat one in da livin woom and it's kinda loud, but we run inta da bedroom and hide and she don't bring it in dere. She has one dat's big and roun, kalled a Shop Vac. She only uses dat one in da bedroom dat has a litter box in it. Dey are bery skary and we don't like dem, but maybe meowmie doesn't either 'cause she only uses it once in awhile. Maybe Groucho can help us here.

Don Juan's mom
12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
hey one time i sneaked up on moms vacoom when it wuz asleep and bopped it on the nose and guess what it dint do anything just lotta noise no action. my noo dad has a bigger vacoom and we dont like it, but most of the time he bizzy pullin out its guts and washin them.

don juan el gato magnifico y hermoso

momcat
12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Cassie, Kimba, Ming, Mac, Don Juan and Zerlina,
I've read your messages about those awful vakoom cleaners. Meowmie is getting hers out now so I don't have too much time. I don't think our Meowmies use these things to bother us, I think it might have something to do with making our houses nice and clean. But you're right, there MUST be a better way that doesn't hurt our sensitive ears, scare the daylights out of us, eat our snacks, and mess around with our stuff. Ming, does the vakoom cleaner bother or damage to your bagpipes and harp? The noise must make it hard for you to practice.

Right now I'm organizing a conference with the judges and other kitty lawyers at Cat Court to see what our legal options are. If any of you would like to testify at our hearings, let me know. No date has been set yet. I'll let you know when and where. Of course the Catmobile will provide transportation.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer
Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose

katladyd
12-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Groucho, she never yooses it when I'm praktising. Just wen we are having afternune naps. Always on Sonday, I don't no why, maybe it's cause she don't go to werk (whatever that is) that day. None of us like it, but she still uses it. It duz look cleaner when she does, tho.
Ming

cassiesmom
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Dear Groucho, as long as meowmie says the code word when she takes the vacoom out, and says "Bye bye, vacoom" when she puts it away, then I suppose it's okay with me. I got back at meowm for forgetting to say the code word... I slept under the love seat last night ;) She missed me sleeping with her!