PDA

View Full Version : Letter of recommendation

Medusa
04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
When I last saw Dr. Lee, I asked him if he ever gave his name as a reference because I'm tossing around the idea of starting a cat sitting business (like several here on PT). He said "Sure! Would you like a letter of recommendation?" I was so surprised and I said "That would be great whenever you have the time". Well, I just got it in the mail today. He said that I am extremely knowledgeable and a wonderful caretaker of my cats, that I'm compassionate and observant of many feline diseases and that he would highly recommend me as a pet sitter. Now, how nice and thoughtful is that!

pomtzu
04-11-2009, 12:37 PM
When I last saw Dr. Lee, I asked him if he ever gave his name as a reference because I'm tossing around the idea of starting a cat sitting business (like several here on PT). He said "Sure! Would you like a letter of recommendation?" I was so surprised and I said "That would be great whenever you have the time". Well, I just got it in the mail today. He said that I am extremely knowledgeable and a wonderful caretaker of my cats, that I'm compassionate and observant of many feline diseases and that he would highly recommend me as a pet sitter. Now, how nice and thoughtful is that!

Hey - that's great!!!

Everyone here on PT already knew that too - didn't we??? :D:D

Karen
04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
That was very nice of him!

Randi
04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
That was really nice of him, but of course, we all know that what he said is true. :) Hope you'll get it up and running soon! Perhaps I should ask my vet too. :p

Medusa
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Well, I don't know about the knowledgeable part. What I know, I owe mostly to PT and all the knowledge that's here for the taking. The rest is personal experience. I appreciate your comments nonetheless and I definitely appreciate his kind gesture. I thought that it couldn't hurt to have a vet as a reference but I certainly didn't expect a letter of recommendation. It was a pleasant surprise.

phesina
04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
What a good idea, to ask a vet to be a reference for you as a cat sitter.. And what a glowing (but totally unsurprising) letter he wrote!

Laura's Babies
04-11-2009, 01:40 PM
What a great letter. So.... it would seem you have impressed the man and finally gave him the chance to say so.

moosmom
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
What an AWESOME, well deserved letter, Mary!

RICHARD
04-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Totally cool and it took me about 15 seconds to think about the XX rated-I was short one X!!!-reply for that!:D

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
What a great letter. I hope that your cat sitting business goes well.:)

Moesha
04-11-2009, 07:18 PM
How very nice of him. It's great that he did that for you.

Medusa
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Word is already spreading and I haven't even finished work on my contract or flier yet. This could be just what I need.