PDA

View Full Version : Roomba

Medusa
04-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Does anyone here own one and, if so, does it do the job? I have all hardwood and ceramic floors w/area rugs so I need to know if it will adjust itself to different heights, not scratch the hardwood and definitely if it will pick up cat hair and tracked litter. I'm so weary of dragging out the vacuum cleaner several times a day.

moosmom
04-11-2009, 09:44 AM
A dust buster is much cheaper. We sold alot of them when they first came out, but alot of them got returned because of "customer dissatisfaction". I haven't seen many of them purchased in a long time.

Since you have hardwood and tile floors, I might suggest the Shark Steam Vac. It's quite popular and does a great job!

Medusa
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
A dust buster is much cheaper. We sold alot of them when they first came out, but alot of them got returned because of "customer dissatisfaction". I haven't seen many of them purchased in a long time.

Since you have hardwood and tile floors, I might suggest the Shark Steam Vac. It's quite popular and does a great job!

I'm sure that they're good for regular cleaning but I'm looking for something to pick up the slack, so to speak. I Swiffer every day and vacuum several times a day and I'm tired of it. I think it's worse right now because the Fur Posse are shedding their winter coats. Specs' shedding is ridiculous. He walks through a room and you can see his fur flying, too. :p

kuhio98
04-11-2009, 11:18 AM
We now own 2 Dirt Dawgs -- one for upstairs and one for downstairs (they make Roomba too). http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131774 We have a combination of hardwood, tile and berber carpet. It does fantastic.

It does not like small, light-weight area rugs because the suction is so strong that it tries to suck them up. We did not buy any of the gadgets (virtual walls, home base, etc.)

No scratches on the wood floor. It sometimes get stuck in a room if there is a higher than usual transition strip between flooring. The laundry room's floor is a little lower than the hardwood in the hall. It will go into the laundry room, but can't get back out, so I just shut the door so it doesn't go there.

We love them!

gini
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I love mine so much that I even named him - Rupert! I use mine mainly for under my bed - the room is carpeted. It tackles the cat fur like you wouldn't believe.

It does get "stuck" sometimes but usually can work itself out and move on.

The only thing I found to be important is to keep it clean because it picks up so much - including cat litter. But cleaning it is easy.

Laura's Babies
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I have one and love it. With 4 cats in my small house, I have to clean it several times while it is working...

Twisterdog
04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I would love to have one. I think they are so cute ... I would have to name it, too!

I wonder, though, if my dogs will kill it. I bet they would.

Medusa
04-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I have one and love it. With 4 cats in my small house, I have to clean it several times while it is working...

I wondered about that, too. W/six cats I wonder if it would be overworked.