PDA

View Full Version : tattoos

Genny
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
do any of ya'll have tattoos? like symbols that mean something?? signs or whatever--I got one back in september it's a symbol that means 'love' in another language...i want to get another tattoo soon..then that's all i want..maybe like a dragonfly..a purple one i think
so just wondering what kinds ya'll have!!!

blue
04-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Ive got five, lets see if I can attach some pics. Only pics of 4.

K9karen
04-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I'd love to have a facial closeup of RB Cody and Mz Logan on my ankles, but I am seriously, and I mean, a big baby, petrified of needles. A quick injection I can barely tolerate, so to have a tattoo done would be unbearable. I think they're beautiful and artistic and I admire the people who do them.

Genny
04-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Ive got five, lets see if I can attach some pics. Only pics of 4.

cool you have a lot!

Genny
04-11-2009, 02:19 AM
I'd love to have a facial closeup of RB Cody and Mz Logan on my ankles, but I am seriously, and I mean, a big baby, petrified of needles. A quick injection I can barely tolerate, so to have a tattoo done would be unbearable. I think they're beautiful and artistic and I admire the people who do them.

Oh that would be neat to get one of your dogs. I'm afraid of needles but I really really wanted the tattoo--so I went ahead and got one and to tell you the truth it's really not as painful as you'd think. It stings ofcourse but nothing like I had imagined-what hurt the most was when they did the color on mine...they outlined it w/purple..

RICHARD
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Here's a observation?

I like tattoos- There are tats I really cannot stand.

Now, is the 'star' the newest fad? I guess it is and the meaning is as different as the person who gets them. But I just don't get the 'star on the neck/triceps' location.

And,
When you do the 'hot' tattoo of the moment, doesn't that tie you in to a certain phase and you 'date' yourself by going with that style? I liked the tribal/South Pacific styles, then Mike Tyson did his face.....:rolleyes::confused:

I know the tattoo I want-I have known for decades, but, I just don't like needles either.:o:eek:

*LabLoverKEB*
04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I plan on getting a tattoo sometime in the near future. I am going to have my sister draw if for me, she's an amazing artist!

Twisterdog
04-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Here are pictures of my four. The last one is a picture of my husband's, those are his kids' names. He also has one with my name, but I guess I don't have a picture of it.

binka_nugget
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Here's mine..

http://oh-my-dog.ca/images/tattoo/131_3118.JPG

It's their actual paw prints.. I got them to step on paint, transfered it over, and had the artist get the outline. I plan on getting Keeva's soon now that she's full grown. :)

blue
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice ink TW and BN.

I want to get Blue, Verde and Erps paw prints someday.

Suki Wingy
04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I've known what I want for a while now but I'm waiting until the end of my temporary job here because tattoos are just one of the things my boss said would get me fired. I want two paw prints, one of Niņo's kind of like blinka_nugget's on my upper back, and one stylized one on my left wrist like the marking Niņo has on his left paw. I also think I want the sun logo or icon that was used in a lot of Lion King stuff somewhere.

Genny
04-12-2009, 09:54 PM
twisterdog I like your tattoo of the dragonfly I want one kinda like that on my lower back..but I want it to be colored in purple...

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Is any one watching the NBA playoffs?

Holy Mole,

SOme of the players have the worst tattoos I have ever seen on human skin.

No wonder these guys get into trouble all the time.They don't have the brain to get some ink that looks good. Check out the guy they call the "Birdman" that plays for Denver.

There is another player that has a large pair of red lips tattooed on his neck.:confused:

I have seen better 'art' up the street in the elementary school kindergarten classes!:rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Simba's pawprint. Similar to Ashley's idea, but I used ink and had him do every single smudge and print that went on the paper.
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/33/l_7f3cc4f45da8c46f02c5582c8200a923.jpg

This is a stick figure skeleton walking a stick figure skeleton dog with the word unity written on the bottom. Meaning my dogs and I will walk together until death. We're one.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/78/l_73aa977e163a477eb3f0e1c3fe957b41.jpg

These are two different ones. The footprint is my goddaughter's and it's in honor of my best friend/her mom who passed away last year. The words "What a life to take, What a bond to break" are written there. The flowers were added later. The daisy is my best friend's birthmonth flower. The rose is my goddaughter's.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_9ba3dbad9ea04605b1798a3156076eb9.jpg

This is for my grandfather who passed away last year. He used to sing this song to me all the time long before he became incredibly ill.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/beebs.jpg

And my next one will be this (attached) on my other foot.
It means friendship (crossed arrows) happiness (sun) and peace (broken arrows.)

Karen
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Kay how is the color holding up on your flower tattoos? How often will it have to be reinked?

I, with my "sensitive" (ridiculously so) skin and my many allergies, do not have any tattoos - with my luck I'd be allergic to the ink and end up with a massive infection and scars. I just count my scars as my own version of tattoos - I can tell you the story of each one!

todd
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I have a tattoo of my cat

Uabassoon
05-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I just got my newest tattoo on Sunday. It isn't finished yet, I go back in two weeks to get the coloring done. Day of the Dead is my favorite holiday so I had been planning this tattoo for a few years.

Catherinedana
05-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Uabassoon! That's magnificent!

I have four tats:

a yellow-billed cuckoo on my right shin (the "raincrow", a totem animal of mine)

a triskelion on the left side of my chest. A symbol from the prehistoric gravesite of Newgrange in Ireland

a leopard head (large!!) on my left thigh. This was my divorce present to myself.

and two feathers on my back over my right shoulder blade. They are a tail and primary flight feather of a red-tailed hawk, Isis, one of my best friends. I know her from the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary here in Florida and I have been one of her handlers and friends for about 15 years. She is the hawk who is pictured on my avatar.

Never occurred to me to take pictures of my tats. . .I should do it before I get too old and wrinkly!! Hee hee!

Cathy

3Catcondo
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I have a sun w/ a dolphin in the open center on my lower back. it's all black. Had it for a long time and never needed retouching. I'll have to get someone to take a pic of it for me.

Suki Wingy
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I decided to bring up this old thread because I have new pictures of two of mine. I've since dropped most of the ones I was planning before, but there are two new ones I'm thinking about. One is Gallifreyan writing (from Doctor Who) and I'd like that on my foot. The other is still Niņo's little paw marking that he has on his ankle, and I'd like that on my wrist above my chapter stars.

Here is the first one I got. He's a thylacine. :) I have always loved them.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/CYRIL.jpg
The place I went to was not as nice as where I got my other two.
(It's on my left shoulder blade.)

Here's my third.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_7891.jpg
I want to eventually color him, but that will cost more than I have to spare any time soon.

My second is the "chapter stars" slightly modified, in purple on my left wrist. (They're the three little stars you see on the top of every page of the American version of the Harry Potter books.)

apbtmom76
01-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Wow some really nice ink here on PT, alright so the OP was asking about symobls so here is one I got on my tummy right above my c-section scar in honor of myself and my three kids, this took 4 settings of 2 to 21/2 hours a piece, I'm a big wienie but it really wasn't that painful, is why I put it there as I have no feeling to about an inch above the scar, lol.

This was when I got it finished in May of '09, it is mine and my kids Chinese Zodiac symbols, colored in the color of our birthstone for our moth of birth, so if you are looking at it this way from right to left, the first green symbol is for me I am a Dragon/Leo/August, the second symbol is for my oldest son, who is a Dog/Capircorn/December, the third symbol is for my daughter who is a Rat/Libra/October and the last symbol is for my youngest son who is a Rabbit/Leo/August -
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/kaos42076/RandomPics002-1.jpg

and I have a butterfly on my left outside calf, I got it at a time in my life when I just wanted to fly away from everything, that has been a long time ago, I was 23 at the time so it has been ten years but it has meaning and I changed the colors in it to what I wanted, lol -
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/kaos42076/DoggiePlayTime005-1.jpg

I have a few more things I want to get done and the guy who did my tummy tat will be the one to do them, he's a good friend of mine just gotta get the money, I do want to have the dogs pawprints going up my right calf, into my thigh, lol

Twisterdog
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
If you want to laugh until you cry, and lose a lot of faith in your fellow man's intelligence, check out this site, Ugliest Tattoos: here. (http://ugliesttattoos.com/)

Warning - a lot of the tattoos contain graphic images and/or bad language. So if that offends you, stay away. But, OMG, hilarious!

floralninja
01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm planning on getting an eye on each of my butt cheeks.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
If you want to laugh until you cry, and lose a lot of faith in your fellow man's intelligence, check out this site, Ugliest Tattoos: here. (http://ugliesttattoos.com/)

Warning - a lot of the tattoos contain graphic images and/or bad language. So if that offends you, stay away. But, OMG, hilarious!

OMG, I know! WHAT were some people thinking when they walk into the tattoo shop?!:eek:

Tora Oni
01-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Well I'm Indian so I have colored skin...and I always thought colors always look off on dark skin. So if I got one it have to be black, and I would draw it myself being an artist.

Genny
01-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Well since someone brought this old thread back up I thought I'd talk about the tattoos I have now. I had a love symbol on my right shoulder (it's black)...then I got a dragonfly on my lower back and it's teal blue and purple...and then my last one I got a red rose w/ some tribal art around it...it's pretty cool..it's on my left shoulder....that's all I have. I want to get one more tat in the middle of my back. I want it to be a cross. I already have it picked out and everything. I just don't know when I'm gonna get it... ;/

blue
01-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Well since someone brought this old thread back up I thought I'd talk about the tattoos I have now. I had a love symbol on my right shoulder (it's black)...then I got a dragonfly on my lower back and it's teal blue and purple...and then my last one I got a red rose w/ some tribal art around it...it's pretty cool..it's on my left shoulder....that's all I have.

Pics?

boomersooner
01-09-2010, 06:45 AM
I've never really had the desire to get one either....seems like it would hurt!! LOL Those tats on the website were hilarious!! Just WHAT were people thinking!!

Twisterdog
01-09-2010, 09:39 PM
....seems like it would hurt!!

It does.

shais_mom
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't have any yet but have known what I want for 5 years since my Grandma died. We always used to pick Tiger Lillies along the road and I want that possibly with 4 paw prints in north south east west positions.
I have a friend who is completely sleeved on both arms and working on his legs. He (and his artist) both have the most amazing colors in them. They are freaking awesome.

Genny
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Pics?

No ;[ I don't have any pictures of them...

Suki Wingy
01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
You should take some!

Genny
01-11-2010, 10:39 PM
yea, I know...I definitely should! Maybe I will soon and I'll post them... I also need to take some of all my animals... I think it's been forever since I've posted some ;]-

Andie
11-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Just got mine Friday. It is a wolf head with my Grandpa's name around it. It's on my right shoulder blade so Grandpa can watch my back for me.

dukedogsmom
11-16-2010, 08:00 AM
I have 5 now. All original except for the first one. Still want to get one of my RB Duke. Had the idea in my head for years. I'll try to put up pics later.

Kfamr
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM

I'm kind of late in seeing this, but thank you for introducing me to my new favorite website. I've been sick all day and home from work and literally I've looked through almost every page of that website.

todd
11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
I HAVE a tattoo of my cat

Lillycat
11-16-2010, 09:54 PM
......such a cute kitty.......