PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee tornado

sirrahbed
04-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I know we have quite a few TN Pt folks - check in plz??

Laura's Babies
04-10-2009, 04:04 PM
OH NO! WHERE in Tennessee? I didn't see that, off to the weather channel!

It hit in Arkansas too, don't we have PT'ers there too?

Gee, this is so upsetting!

OMG! It hit Murfreesboro!! KIMLOVESCATS lives there.. Does anyone have the web address for the place you can type in a address and get a satellite view of it???

Kirsten
04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I hope everyone's alright?! How scary!

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
04-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I did a aerial view at map quest on the last address I had on Kim. I am not sure if it is a live satellite feed or one taken before but everything looks normal there. No roofs missing, nothing out of place, no debris can be seen... I will still worry until I am told it is a live feed!

Now it's headed towards Atlanta. Regina's Mom lives there in that lovely house we stayed in last August.. I am going to shoot Regina a email.

Moesha
04-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm in TN, the next town east of Murfreesboro. We're all fine here. No damage. If you have seen reports on TV of the traffic camera on Interstate 24, that is very close to where Kimlovescats lives. I have e-mailed her to see how they are. I don't know if she has power or not though. I do have a phone number, that I may call to check on them if I don't hear back from her in awhile.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-10-2009, 06:08 PM
My sister-in-law lives just outside of Chattanooga. She called a little while ago. She has no power and she was getting a lot of hail. I hope Kim is okay and can check in soon.

Laura, the satellite pictures aren't a live feed. :(

Laura's Babies
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Moesha, I could swear I heard them say something about hitting near Interstate 24. Or were they just using that as a reference? Call her please and report back to us.

cars flipped at 24/840.

I also found this and they say it is updated often..http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=16424

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10164123

Hellow
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
We here in North Georgia just got slammed with those same storms. Tons of tornadoes (or so the radar says), and they are still coming down. A tornado in the county next to us spawned from a storm that had /just/ passed over us at the time. We got hail, heavy rain, and tons of thunder/lightning. Right now, the storms are heading down towards Atlanta, so I hope everyone is ok!

Moesha
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Moesha, I could swear I heard them say something about hitting near Interstate 24. Or were they just using that as a reference? Call her please and report back to us.

It hit I-24. There is a video that I was watching live of a traffic camera on I-24 that shows the tornado forming and crossing the interstate. It turned over tractor trailers. It is a real mess. That was about a mile or so from where Kim's house is. I've watched several of the local newscasts and none of the reports have been from the subdivision that Kim lives in.

I just received a response to the e-mail I sent her.

Hi! Yes, we are fine as well as our home, though it was VERY close to us. My husband and Jenna and I were just sitting down to a table in Cracker Barrel when the funnel cloud was spotted right outside the window. We could see it and everyone was instructed to the center of the restaurant. The damage and large area of the city that was affected is unbelievable! Very close to our home, my parents home and my daughter's father's homes but thankfully none of them were hit directly but a house only two down from my daughter's father's house was flattened.

Thank you so much for checking in on us!

Kim

Pam
04-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I am so glad to read Kim's note. Thanks for posting that. I knew she lived in Murfreesboro so I sent her a PM, asking her to check in to PT if she could. Thank goodness she is OK. I hope everyone who is in the path of these storms will stay safe!

Daisy and Delilah
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
WOW!!! How scary for Kim and family. Thank goodness they're ok. Thanks a million Moesha for checking with her. My thoughts and prayers go out to everybody affected by this storm.:(

Laura's Babies
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
OH!! Moesha!! I am sitting here with LES at knowing she is alright!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU! Having a family of PT'ers is as bad as having any other kind of family that worry about you! That had to be horrifying for everyone there..

sumbirdy
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
We live about 30 minutes from a town in Arkansas that was hit. 3 people dead, 24 injured is what the news said. A lot of people out of power and quite a few businesses were hit. I hope all the PT'ers are okay!

cassiesmom
04-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Kim and Moesha, I am soooo glad you are okay and Collin, I didn't know Georgia was getting severe weather-- but I am very glad you're okay, too.

Hugs & prayers
elyse