PDA

View Full Version : any mouse lvers out there?

jenluckenbach
09-24-2002, 03:06 PM
My new pet addiction is mice. In January I adopted three from my local shelter and well the rest is history. I now have 17 mice (none by breeding, my males and females have always been separate). There are in a room in 5 aquariums and have more toys and things than most kids do. I find them facsinating to watch and cute as anything. So who out there has and pampers mice?
By the way, my first pet addiction is cats. I have 11 of those.

Aspen and Misty
09-24-2002, 03:15 PM
I used to have 25 mice and currently have 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 rats, 2 fish, 1 chamilion. Mice are alot of fun. Mine used to love to come out and play. What kind of toys do your mice have? I am looking for toys for my rats Melony and Hope and maybe some of the things your mice like my rats would like?

Ash

PS: Here is a pictur of Melony (grey hood) and Hope (black hood)

jenluckenbach
09-24-2002, 03:48 PM
The mice love their running wheels the best. Since they are in aquariums, I had a difficult time finding something that would utilize the vertical space until I came across a shelf made to hold an aquarium pump. It hooks to the rim of the aquarium and hangs down about 4 inches and gives about a 3 inch by 5 inch flat surface to sit on. I then use bird ladders for the mice to climb to reach the shelves. (at least 2 shelves per cage) They love this extra space. If you have wire cages, a shelf would be a lot easier to attatch and it can be as large as you'd like. I bet the rats could use bird ladders for climbing.

lv4dogs
09-25-2002, 09:03 AM
For toys, see my post under PET GAMES listed as "rat toys"

zippy-kat
09-26-2002, 09:43 AM
Persnickity (blk/wht) and Velvet (blk)

They were such sweeties! A bit stinky....but sweet nonetheless! lol

I gave mine a bird swing---they LOVED it! Jinglebells were a favorite play toy as well!

kingrattus
09-27-2002, 12:15 AM
I use to have around 130 mice at one time. They were fun to watch. I had 1 baby tank, 1 young mouse tank, 2 teen tanks, 1 male tank, 1 female tank, 2 breeding tanks, a pet shop tank, a sold tank & my 100% pet tank.

& damn did it ever take a long time to change the tanks, I pretty much changed 2 a day.

I also had a rat & mice mixed together, because my rat was getting lonely when I was at school or work

kingrattus
09-27-2002, 12:19 AM
oh ya, all my mice had at leats 1 wheel, some had 2, I had a ball to put the moms in so they could spend some time away from their babies, they had tubes that ran from one tank to the other (mostly used in the breeding tank), they had random things to chew on, & most liked to be handled & few loved to play with my rat.

all my mice r gone & my rat was put to sleep, due to serious illness & suffering too much

jenluckenbach
09-27-2002, 08:10 AM
WOW that is a lot of mice. I do not think I will ever have that many. And I am surprised to hear that a rat got along with mice. I was always under the impression that they were natural enemies. I am sorry to hear that they are all gone now, but maybe you will have more some day. But your current pets are quite cute, though.