PDA

View Full Version : Mitzi going in for dental tomorrow - good vibes, plez

RedHedd
04-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Shhh..... don't tell her yet. I have to cut off food at 9:00 p.m. and water at midnight.

My vet is honoring the 20% off promotion they had in January because we were waiting for Mitzi to get stronger - and she has! Last blood panel is almost normal! Kidney function normal! YES! I'm not doing anything different, mainly because Ms. Mitzi hated all the kidney foods I tried.

I'm convinced the acupuncture and Chinese herbs the holistic vet gave her are working. I'm going to keep that up as soon as she heals from her dental.

So, please good vibes that Ms. Mitzi mitts doesn't lose too many more teeth tomorrow - I know she'll lose at least one. She so badly needs this, though and I hope it will help her kidneys too.

Moesha
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
We'll be thinking of you and Mitzi tomorrow and will be hoping for a good report as soon as she is done with her dental. I'm so glad she is well enough to have it done.

katladyd
04-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Sending good thoughts out for Mitzi tomorrow! I am so glad she is feeling better:)

Medusa
04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Prayers going up for Ms. Mitzi that all will go smoothly w/her dental and that she won't be too mad at mom for cutting off her food. ;)

Killearn Kitties
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Good luck, Miss Mitzi. We will be thinking of you today. :love:

kb2yjx
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Will light a candle that all goes well for Mitzi at the dentist!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I hope that everything goes well today.:) Positive vibes are being sent her way. Please update us when you can.

lvpets2002
04-09-2009, 12:43 PM
:love: Mitzi I just know your teeth cleaning will go well.. Good Luck & sending Positive PT Vibes & Prayers..

RedHedd
04-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, I hit a Tri-fecta yesterday. Mitzi at the vet, my PC in the shop and me sick at home with a sinus infection.

Mitzi did fine. She came home with 4 fewer teeth, including her lower canine - poor girl looks gummy on one side :( The vet said cats normally have 30 teeth :eek: After yesterday's extractions, she now has 23 left but that hasn't stopped her from eating.

She did have some pain/discomfort last night and this morning. The doc gave me pain meds for her - I hate getting her all stoned, but I don't want her to suffer.

She seems to be doing ok.

My PC is still in the shop and I"m on antibiotics for my sinus infection. Slowly, one thing at a time is hopefully getting better.

Medusa
04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Hmm, sounds like the kind of day I had w/my two cats, my cell phone and my flu bug. LOL We'd make a great pair, you and I. I'm glad that Mitzi came away no worse for wear and I do hope that she heals quickly w/out being stoned and that you are on the mend, too. :love:

wolflady
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm so glad to see that Mitzi did just fine. I'm waiting for Phinehas to be looking ok enough to take him in for a dental/extraction as well. Hope she continues to feel better! :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Mitzi's dental went well.:) Sorry she had to lose 4 teeth but I'll bet she'll feel much better after she heals up. I hope that you'll feel better soon and that your computer can be easily fixed. Please take care and have a happy Easter.:)

Barbara
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear Mitzi is ok-a senior cat lady with 23 teeth is as good as new;)

RedHedd
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Glad to hear Mitzi is ok-a senior cat lady with 23 teeth is as good as new;) I still have a hard time thinking of her as a "senior" at barely 8 years old, but everywhere I go, they say she's senior. :(

She's having a hard time trying to figure out how to eat with fewer teeth. Apparently her lower canine was her treat-catching tooth. She seems pretty despondent over the fact that she can't seem to hang onto treats the way she used to. We're experimenting with different methods of treat-administration. She seems to like the eating right out of my palm the best, although she's getting frustrated when I try and give her pieces of chicken from my plate. I know, my bad, but she always begs so cutely, I can't resist that little face.