PDA

View Full Version : It's SNOWING here!

davidpizzica
04-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Right now it looks like a winter wonderland outside. Pittsburgh is expecting maybe 1-2" inches of snow today. The timing was lousy coming right at the start of rush hour, causing accidents and in a couple of cases light poles coming down and knocking down traffic lights. This is APRIL??

Trinityagain
04-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Yeah we drove in thru it this morning. Hubby and I both work in Oakland....I grumbled the whole way...and I agree....THIS IS APRIL?

Medusa
04-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Yep, here, too, David. We were supposed to get 1-3 inches last night but it looks like we got maybe an inch and we have 2 more inches predicted for today. It dropped to 27 degrees last night and w/the sleet, it was nasty driving. Hey, I distinctly remember planting a flower box w/pansies one year on May 18 and I went indoors to get a sweater and when I came back out, there were snow flurries. Crazy! :eek:

moosmom
04-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Keep it there!!!!!;)

Trinityagain
04-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Keep it there!!!!!;)

I don't know....my parents taught me to share :D

smokey the elder
04-07-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm sick of being cold! I thought I could store my winter coat by now, but had to lug it out this morning. The wind has been so bad this winter and spring, too.

Seravieve
04-07-2009, 08:16 AM
We were supposed to get snow here, but it never stuck. Both Sunday and Monday were supposed to be snowy, but instead we just had some large flakes come down yesterday morning and melt quickly. This is the second time I've had to cover my wonderful transplant Hostas, so it needs to hurry up and stay warms so my poor plants can grow!! =)

davidpizzica
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Donna, I can push all of this snow your way! My magnolia blossoms are just coming out and it's SNOWING!!

emily_the_spoiled
04-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I grew up in northern Canada (about 12 hours north of the Montana border) and I have seen it snow in every month but July. So we still have a few more months to go :rolleyes:

Cataholic
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Snow in Ohio in April is not that unusual, no matter what we WANT! I can remember serious snow in April...not just those few flurries we had today. The good news is that snow in April generally doesn't stay around too long. IN fact, tomorrow, we move upwards 20 degrees! In 24 hours! Sunday was shorts and t-shirts, by Monday afternoon, we were in the high 40s....and now, Tuesday, we get snow. Tomorrow will be better. :)

Taz_Zoee
04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Here in "sunny" California we have rain. :( I know we need it, but come on! Easter is this weekend!!
I'm going to Tahoe this weekend and the forecast says possible snow. Crazy!

Edwina's Secretary
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I remember a snow on Easter. We had our wonderful Easter outfits my mother had made for us and it was too cold and snowy to wear them!

Cataholic
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I was in the store the other day (Target) and saw all these adorable little Easter dresses for the young girls...they would need a parka to go with! Short sleeves, capped sleeves, sun dresses..we RARELY have an Easter weekend like that. Two years ago J went EEH with a snow suit on. Kept lots of other kids away, and he hit it big on the candy. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Wishful thinking >>>

Snow in Ohio in April is not that unusual, no matter what we WANT!

Sunday was shorts and t-shirts,
by Monday afternoon, we were in the high 40s ...
and now, Tuesday, we get snow.

Tomorrow will be better. :)

Maybe ...
She forgets - this is OHIO we're talking about. :eek:

In OHIO, "tomorrow" can bring:
* a Blizzard
* a Tornado
* a Drought
* a Monsoon
* and every once in a while, it'll be *SUNNY*! :)

Cataholic
04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
So true, so true. Hate the weather, here? Give it ten minutes, and there will be something different. :)

Laura's Babies
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
WOW! It is so pretty here but we did have a light freeze here, suppose to be up in the 80's before the week is over.. :rolleyes:

They had snow up in Washington state over the weekend and Sis was SO excited! (She always was the weird one):D

Snow = COLD! I don't like cold!

RICHARD
04-07-2009, 03:29 PM
All you all are a bunch of wussies!

Make the most of it!

Easter is Sunday.......You can skip the 'egg painting' - boil em, toss them into a snow drift and there you have your Easter Egg Hunt.

Make it harder for the kiddies, they'll thank you in the long run!:rolleyes::eek:;)

GILL
04-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey I have been in south Cal. and seen what happens when things freeze. Great laugh for a boy from Jersey.
But I had enough My wife and I are ready for some warm weather. I just don't like it too hot.

Hellow
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
It was actually snowing here too, earlier this morning. Whee!

happylabs
04-07-2009, 05:57 PM
I am in Central Pennsylvania. We had a dusting this morning around 6:00 a.m. when I took Casey out for her walk. I just looked up at the sky and said "why???".

I remember an Easter where we had snow in Pennsylvania too! My dad has a picture some where of us standing on the lawn in our Easter/Sunday best!

Medusa
04-07-2009, 06:05 PM
I remember an Easter where we had snow in Pennsylvania too! My dad has a picture some where of us standing on the lawn in our Easter/Sunday best!

My son and I were talking about that today. I told him that, when I was a teenager, my girlfriends and I always bought new Easter outfits to wear to church. I remember wearing a sleeveless pink crepe dress and coming out of the church to see that it was snowing and I had no coat. We had a long walk home, too. But hey, we were fashionable w/our new outfits and Easter bonnets. :rolleyes:

Pam
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
One of our local TV anchors is a very quick witted guy and loves to joke around with the other anchors and weather people. Tonight, in light of the crazy weather all over the country, he said "I hope we don't get a Nor'easter on Easter!" :D:D He doesn't miss a beat. :)

Marigold2
04-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Snowing big fluffy beautiful flakes as I was driving home a bit ago. Love it. What fun. :p It's the Ohio muggy, steaming heat and the horrid bugs I don't like. Sweat rolling down your back, a mosquito biting the heck out of you :mad: nope give me the cold.

smokey the elder
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
It's snowing to beat the band here! Wazzup with that? Global warming my behind!:p