PDA

View Full Version : Chirp chirp chirp

catnapper
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I haven't slept all week. Why you ask? Because we have a birds nest IN OUR WALLS. And they chirp all night. We figured out how they got in, but we can't figure out how to get to them.

I think they must be baby birds too. Its a lot of chirping, and very pretty sing-song chirps. Isn't it a bit early in the season for baby birds? They are pretty little grey birds. Aren't I Little Miss Bird Watcher, narrowing down the species? :p

And of course, I have 5 cats, all of whom are totally ignoring the chirping right next to their favorite cat tree.:rolleyes:

Karen
04-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Nope, not too early! Keep an eye on them, do you see momma and papa at all? Are they solid grey or grey on top and white underneath? And peak of feathers at the back of the head like a bluejay or cardinal has? When the babies have flown away, you'll have to get into the wall and dismantle the next and get rid of it, as well as block however they got in so you don't have a repeat performance!

boomersooner
04-06-2009, 09:45 PM
We used to get birds in our dryer vent....I haven't heard them in a while, so maybe they can't get in anymore....It used to be VERY loud! I can't imagine them in the walls!!

Laura's Babies
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Geez! The cats aren't trying to rip the walls out? :eek:... Don't they know they are C-A-T-S? Giz would be going nuts!

K9karen
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I just got a blast from the past...when I was a little kid around 5, a squirrel got in under the eaves in MY room, had squirrelettes (:p) and ran all around all the time. I was NOT into scary movies or creepy things so I had to sleep with my parents because I'd scream every time I heard them running around.

I love them widdle birdies, but that would drive me bananas! My neighbor had a woodpecker outside her window and THAT was fun, let me tell you!

catnapper
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Glad some of you have an idea of how loud this could be! It sounds likes they are amplified -- I swear it would be quieter if they were in the room.

They are in the wall just behind the radiator in the bedroom. So it must be a nice warm spot for them. The radiator is only a few feet from the bottom of the bed. So they are close to me, and I hear every chirp.... all night long. Don't they sleep?!?!:eek:

They got in the bottom of the balcony floor and waddled to where to floor intersects with the house. We know we have to redo the entire balcony - but its low on the totem pole when we're behind on every bill by an average of two months (we're about to lose the phone and gas. We lost hubby's health insurance last week :()

Pinot's Mom
04-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I just cannot imagine the cats aren't going absolutely ballistic to get into that wall! My Pinot would be! Good luck with them!

I'm sorry about the bill situation - I hope that improves.