PDA

View Full Version : The Cologne Miracle: Cat rescued from building that collapsed 5 weeks ago!

Kirsten
04-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe you have heard on the news that the town archive of Cologne/Germany collapsed completely 5 weeks ago, along with two other buildings. Two young man have lost their lives.

Today a male cat was found under the debris, skinny, but alive and obviously not injured. Felix is back with his humans now, who have never expected to ever see him again.

Here's an article (http://nachrichten.t-online.de/c/18/34/52/28/18345228.html); I know most of you can't read it, but you can see Felix in the picture. What a lucky boy he was!!

Kirsten

phesina
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh, that's so nice. :love::love::love:

Thank you, Kirsten!

Randi
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh that poor boy must have had a horrible time there. :( So glad he was rescued. Do you know how old he is?

Hope he will spoiled rotten for the rest of his life.

Barbara
04-07-2009, 06:36 AM
The article only says it went missing after the archive building collapsed and how happy the owner is to have Felix (who lives up to his name) back. I hadan't heard this and it makes me happy to hear.

Medusa
04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
A cat's resilience is amazing, isn't it?

moosmom
04-07-2009, 07:29 AM
What a precious cat!! He was so lucky they found him. I do hope they do more searches just in case there are more cats. Cats are not loners by any means. If there's one, there's probably more.

Kirsten
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes, it's truly amazing! They think that he was licking raindrops, and that's how he survived. It's reported that he was skinny, but able to meow, and the vet who examined him couldn't find any injuries. This is another miracle because he lived in one of the houses that collapsed.

Here (http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article3515197/Feuerwehr-rettet-Kater-aus-Stadtarchiv-Truemmern.html) are more photos (click "weiter"). The first one shows Felix with his human, Andrea. You can see how happy she is! :)

Kirsten

Catty1
04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh she IS happy! And Felix is a very handsome tabby boy. Amazing he had no injuries. Guess they'll have to increase his food slowly.

Happy Homecoming!