PDA

View Full Version : Can a neutered male cat hump??

fragrancehound
04-05-2009, 08:42 PM
For the last month or so Shadow has been crawling on my arm and I *think* humping me. I know this sounds weird. His front claws grab onto my arm while his back claws starting kneading and shaking. Its hard to explain. His actions are different than his usual kneading. I am not sure why he is doing it either. He is 5 yrs. old. Any thoughts?

kuhio98
04-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeppers, some still get the urge. I think it depends on how old they were when they were neutered.

Some of our kitties have a rather interesting "relationship" with household pillows. :eek:

carole
04-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Funny you should say that Lisa, my Ash does a rather weird thing too when kneading, i think he derives some pleasure from it, so it could be that is his equivalent to humping, my female cats don't do it at all.

katladyd
04-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, my male Macgyver will hump you sometimes. He's fixed, so it does puzzle me.

Don Juan's mom
04-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes. Don Juan (who was neutered at 18 months) occasionally mounts Zerlina, to her everlasting annoyance. (Yes, she's spayed.) :rolleyes::D

Medusa
04-06-2009, 05:38 AM
My Boo is nearing 19 years old and I had him neutered when he was around 6 months old. He mounts my nearly 20 year old cat Pigeon every day. He bites her neck really hard, too, to the point where I have to rush over and make him get off her because he makes her cry. Honestly, I'd have a house full of kittens if he hadn't been neutered. ;)

smokey the elder
04-06-2009, 07:25 AM
It can be a dominance thing. When I adopted Spike (young neutered male) Pink Nose (older neutered male) did that to him. It's kind of strange, but not uncommon.

Pinot's Mom
04-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Our RB cat CK was a Tomcat from the street. We had him fixed when we took him in (and THAT was an experience in itself!). He never knew his plumbing didn't work any more and tried until the day he died; he had mating scars all the time.

GILL
04-06-2009, 09:33 AM
We have had them neutered from 6 months to 8 years. They all will still go at it when they get the urge.

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Some of our kitties have a rather interesting "relationship" with household pillows. :eek:

Eddie has a pillow/towel that is referred to as "the love we cannot name!"

I gave it to him as a substitute for my leg. He has been through three towels now...

catmandu
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
MIQUELITO THE LITTLE ORANGE LION STILL TRIES TO SHALL WE SAY , BE FRIENDLY WITH POUNCIERGE THE PRECIOUS.
AS DID THE SENSATIONAL MR SCRAPPY AND POUNCER THE FIRST CAT MANY YEARS AGO.
:love::love::love:
I GUESS SOME URGES NEVER GO AWAY!!!
:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
:) MMmmm interesting = None of my males try to do that.. I guess they all have figured it out by now of its no use && or the females are Bigg & Bad & will swat them in the face..

RICHARD
04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
IT should not be a problem at all, Once they get over the hump, it's all downhill afterwards?:confused:

orangemm
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
ROTFLMAO! Leave it to Richard!

Yup, ours "do the wild thing" once in a while. They take turns...........:rolleyes:

RedHedd
04-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Yup, they can. Mishi used to hump my teddy bear - how I miss that big goon. He was so silly.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Haha, that is exactly what my little Snoopy does with me!!Not with the other members of our family, nope, only with me!! Normally she doesn't like being picked up; but once or twice per day, she comes rubbing her head against my leg, meowing with a complaining voice.... . When I pick her up then, she settles on my arm, and starts what we call here "loving my t-shirt" lol!!:);):)

katladyd
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Do a little dance, make a little love......