PDA

View Full Version : One Paranoid Gun Nut Equals 3 Dead Cops.

lizbud
04-05-2009, 04:31 PM
He had a fear that the Goverment would ban guns, so he stockpiled
a arsenal in his home. When trouble erupted he responded by shooting
three police offciers.:mad: There ought to be a law that tested the mental
health of potential gun owners.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/05/pittsburgh.officers.shot.dog/index.html

davidpizzica
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
This is definitely a black mark against the city of Pittsburgh. What I can't figure out is that they interviewed old classmates of this guy and just about all of them talked about how innocent he was and how he couldn't have done this. All of Pitsburgh are mourning the three fallen policemen.

blue
04-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Its D Bags like this that give legal gun owners a bad name. The shooter has a dishonerable discharge and that equals NO GUN OWNERSHIP! Its too bad SWAT didnt tap the guy with a headshot for this. Being a copkiller will give this guy a certain status if he makes it to prison.

RIP to the officers killed in the line of duty and my prayers to their families.

Karen
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
The shooter has a dishonorable discharge and that equals NO GUN OWNERSHIP!

We have plenty of gun laws - if they were enforced, he wouldn't have owned the guns!

Our prayers are with the whole city of Pittsburgh.

RICHARD
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Or,

He would have filled the house with gas, called the FD and blown himself up.

Or taken a car up a freeway offramp.

Jumped off an overpass.

Run over pedestrians in his car.

It's not only guns that people get stupid about.

Anyone ioff-center will think of a way to kill people.This idjit had a gun.

blue
04-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Or,

He would have filled the house with gas, called the FD and blown himself up.

Or taken a car up a freeway offramp.

Jumped off an overpass.

Run over pedestrians in his car.

It's not only guns that people get stupid about.

Anyone ioff-center will think of a way to kill people.This idjit had a gun.

But to the joy and and euphoria of the gun grabbers, haters, and the lefties in general, the weapon used was a gun.

They are wetting their pants for another ban, licensing, and/or new regulation.

Im sorry 3 peace keepers had to lose their lives for them to try to further their ideals.

Puckstop31
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
But to the joy and and euphoria of the gun grabbers, haters, and the lefties in general, the weapon used was a gun.

Im sorry 3 peace keepers had to lose their lives for them to try to further their ideals.

Ouch... Be careful when you say that anybody is JOYFUL over such a event. There might be some, but they would be just as crazy as the person who committed the act.

The issue of personal firearm ownership in this country is a deeply personal one, to both sides. Saying things like this does not help.

Trinityagain
04-06-2009, 08:46 AM
One of the guys that is in the Civil War unit we re-enact with is a PGH cop and lives 6 doors away from one of the cops who was killed. Dave, our friend, was off Saturday but heard the call on the radio and ran up to try to help....:(:(:(:(:(:(

Catty1
04-06-2009, 10:49 AM
blue, regarding part of your siggy: There are over five hundred and fifty million firearms in worldwide circulation. Thats one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is, how do we arm the other eleven.

How do we SAFELY arm the other 11 - making sure they are trained AND mentally fit?

This is an honest question, not a bash.

RICHARD
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
How do we SAFELY arm the other 11 - making sure they are trained AND mentally fit?

Give them blanks until they learn to safely handle LIFE!:o

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
One nut + gun - Covina CA - 9 dead - family
One nut + gun - Cathage NC - 8 dead - strangers
One nut + gun - Oakland CA - 4 dead - police
One nut + gun - Binghamton NY - 14 dead - strangers
One nut + gun - Alabama - 11 dead - family and strangers
One nut + gun - Pittsburgh PA - 3 dead - cops
One nut + gun - Graham WA - 5 dead - family children

Seven nuts - 54 dead and it is only April.

What senseless, senseless tragedy. Whether the guns were acquired legally (most were) or not...those 54 people are not any less dead.

How many more?

Randi
04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
There ought to be a law that tested the mental
health of potential gun owners.
I couldn't agree more!!

In Denmark, if anyone is caught with a gun or knife in the street now, it's jail time!!

There's simply no need for people to walk around with a weapon!!

lizbud
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM

What senseless, senseless tragedy. Whether the guns were acquired legally (most were) or not...those 54 people are not any less dead.

How many more?

That's why I posted this story. Seems like we have had way too many
stories in the news on gun violence & deranged people who have legal
guns in their house. I believe way to many people are able to purchase
only because they don't have a history of mental illiness. I think that part
of the law should be changed.

Everyone who buys a gun would be required to pass a mental health
test. (given by licenced professional).

caseysmom
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Ouch... Be careful when you say that anybody is JOYFUL over such a event. There might be some, but they would be just as crazy as the person who committed the act.

The issue of personal firearm ownership in this country is a deeply personal one, to both sides. Saying things like this does not help.

Pretty offensive plus just stupid to insinuate that ES would be joyful to anyone that knows her your just discrediting every single other thing you say.

lizbud
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Pretty offensive plus just stupid to insinuate that ES would be joyful to anyone that knows her your just discrediting every single other thing you say.

Thank you for speaking up. I was going at ask, who seemed joyful? I
didn't see that in anyone's post either.

blue
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM

True and touche. My post was very out of line.

blue, regarding part of your siggy: There are over five hundred and fifty million firearms in worldwide circulation. Thats one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is, how do we arm the other eleven.

I have some ideas on this and will start another thread when I flesh some of them out.

How many more?

Millions of gun owners killed no one yesterday, the day berfore, the previous week, the previous month, the previous year. Buckets, plastic bags, swimming pools, and traffic accident kill more people then gun nuts.

To some people, not including you, my 2 rifles and 3 handguns are an aresonal and equate me to be a gun nut.

I couldn't agree more!!

In Denmark, if anyone is caught with a gun or knife in the street now, it's jail time!!

There's simply no need for people to walk around with a weapon!!

"Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept." Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm).

An armed society is a polite society.

That's why I posted this story. Seems like we have had way too many
stories in the news on gun violence & deranged people who have legal
guns in their house. I believe way to many people are able to purchase
only because they don't have a history of mental illiness. I think that part
of the law should be changed.

Everyone who buys a gun would be required to pass a mental health
test. (given by licenced professional).

While I question your motives for posting the story, there are far more ways to be killed that no one would question.

Who would licence these professionals?

My post in this thread didnt insinuate anything about ES.

Thank you for speaking up. I was going at ask, who seemed joyful? I
didn't see that in anyone's post either.

My post didnt include it either.

Grace
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
From post #6 - by blue -

blue
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
From post #6 - by blue -

And no mention of ES.

ETA: I already posted...

My post was very out of line.

Grace
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I didn't comment on ES. I responded to your comment about the use of the word 'joyful'. Which you did not use - but you did say "joy and euphoria". Something Puck had already commented on.

blue
04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I appreciate the clarification.

sparks19
04-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Ok... let's get back to the point of this thread instead of dissecting posts again. bad comments were made... they were in the past.

What a thankless job a law enforcement officer is :( These kinds of things happen to them all too often and had they fired first they would have been crucified on trial for shooting at a civilian. It's not a job I envy at all.

Prayers for the families of these officers. this thread should not be about guns, or bans, or digs at each other. There is something much more important in this thread. the needless loss and disrespect of our men in uniform who are out there everyday trying to do their best to keep nut jobs like this from hurting others. it's a needless senseless tragedy and it's so so sad.

and then we see these stories about officers who "abuse' their power and hold people up in traffic who are only trying to get tot he hospital... and then a story like this comes up and it really makes me see both sides. I am NOT at all defending abuse of power at all... but then these stories make me think no wonder officers don't take anyone's word for it anymore and let them off... they could DIE for it :(

Trinityagain
04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
The public memorial is being held tomorrow about a block from where I work. I will be in attendance to show my support for these heroes....

And this morning there is an article that the suspect's family is upset at the way he is being treated by police, and at not being able to get back into their house, and they are accusing the police of stealing a wallet from the house that supposedly had I believe over $3000 in it.......give me a break!