PDA

View Full Version : Montague Mom Accused of Stabbing 2-Year-Old

Catty1
04-03-2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.cbs3springfield.com/news/local/42366712.html

By Matthew Campbell

Story Updated: Apr 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM EDT

38 year old Susan Johnson of Montague is under arrest after allegedly stabbing her own daughter with a pair of scissors.
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/fa29b449a5_johnson_04032009.jpg
According to witnesses, Johnson was found stabbing her 2 year-old daughter with scissors and strangling her with an electrical cord in a Gardner apartment.

The 911 call released, details the struggle.

Woman: Die, Die!

Security Guard: Stop! I need a police officer, 192 Central St., 4th floor. I got a woman in here that's stabbing herself and a child.

Dispatcher: OK, stabbing her and a child?

Security Guard: I'm trying to get the knife away from her if I can.

(Screams)

Security Guard: There was a woman here in the laundry room, stabbing herself and a little boy with a pair of scissors. I just got the scissors away from her.

Dispatcher: How's the boy?

Security Guard: He's alive, he's cut… he's covered in blood.

Dispatcher: Stay on the line with me.

Security Guard: Ma'am! Stop! Stop! She's got some kind of spray. She's trying to spray me now… and she's trying to wrap her cord around the kid's neck.

"The woman had a power cord from the dryer wrapped around the little girl's throat. The girl was full of blood… I thought she might already be dead," says Real Belliveau, one of the men who helped stop the attack.

If it wasn't for a security guard and Belliveau, making the rounds and stumbling upon this violent scene, who knows how this would've turned out.

"I kind of regret not punching her right away, just to get her to release the power cord. She had surprisingly amazing strength," Belliveau says. "She had the thing wrapped around the poor kid's throat. It was just an awful scene, something I will never forget. It was terrible."

The baby has over 100 stab wounds, punctured by scissors.

"There was a lot of small puncture wounds on the child, and there were a lot," says Gardner Police Chief, Neil Erickson.

Allegedly, all at the hands of her mother, 38 year old Susan Johnson, a Montague mom.

She's in court Thursday, answering to those charges, also suffering from visible scars herself.

"She has mentioned a cult and witchcraft," Erickson says.

Johnson was in Gardner because she says she was running from that cult. But before last night, a simple Montague apartment is where she called home.

"She was on medication for depression, but she was not a person who looked like she was depressed. It was a really bad trip. I can't believe it," says former neighbor Barbara Saalfrank.

Now the little girl is expected to be ok. She's in state custody. CBS 3 did learn, the Department of Children and Families paid a visit to Johnson's home this week, but she wouldn't let them in.

Police ended up going down, doing a welfare check on the child, and they say she was ok.

As for Johnson, she's awaiting a competency hearing and is being held on $100,000 cash bail.

More articles:http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2009_04_03_2-year-old_stabbed_in_Gardner:_Witness_says_Mom_told_tot_ _%E2%80%98I_have_to_kill_you_/srvc=home&position=4

RICHARD
04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Security Guard: Ma'am! Stop! Stop! She's got some kind of spray. She's trying to spray me now… and she's trying to wrap her cord around the kid's neck.

Ma'am? She's trying to spray me? She's trying to wrap a cord around the ki'd;s neck?

Sorry,

IF I WERE the guard, the next line outta my mouth would have been,

"The mom just hit her head against the wall and has passed out!"

;):eek::mad:

I would have gone ballistic on that wretched creature.

lvpets2002
04-03-2009, 11:43 AM
:mad:Oh that would have made me mad as well.. Good one Richard.. This is so horrible..

Sorry,

IF I WERE the guard, the next line outta my mouth would have been,

"The mom just hit her head against the wall and has passed out!"

;):eek::mad:

I would have gone ballistic on that wretched creature.

DJFyrewolf36
04-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Sad thing is as a security guard had the guy done more the AH could have sued him...and she still very well can. :rolleyes: I don't think that would have stopped me from doing something though...

Medusa
04-03-2009, 02:23 PM
It would've been lights out for the "mother" had I been there to witness that.

RICHARD
04-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Sad thing is as a security guard had the guy done more the AH could have sued him...and she still very well can. :rolleyes: I don't think that would have stopped me from doing something though...

The worst part about your statement is that no matter what, the poor guy is screwed.

You don't act fast enough.
You hurt her trying to stop her.
Or the dude gets hurt when she sprays him.

I say go for broke....

Arm, leg, fingers.....:mad: