PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to quit worrying about Missy

Gin
04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I have three cats; two large males (Sassy and Striker) and one small female (Missy). Weighing in at 7 lbs, Missy is about half the size and weight of either the two boys, and I used to worry that they pushed her around.

Last night, while Sassy was reclining in a cardboard box, I watched as Missy walked up and glared at him in silence. Sassy snarled a little, then jumped out of the box and hurried away nervously. Missy then climbed into the box, settled down, and went to sleep. CLearly Missy had sent the non-verbal message, "This is MY box. Get your mangy tail out of there."

And earler in the evening, I had to step in as referree when Missy commandeered Striker's food bowl.

I think I'll quit worrying.

catmandu
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
To change an old saying its not the size of the Cat in the fight, its the size of the fight in the Cat.:):)
My Princess the Purrfect is My Oldest Cat at 18 , and noone , but noone gets in her path, or near her.:mad::mad:
Although she is grudgingly accepting Pouncierge the Precious as a disciple.:cool::cool:
I think your Missy will not suffer fools , and will be able to hold her own quite well.:love::love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Ha, ha, ha! Missy sounds like a little spitfire! Samantha is my smallest one and she loves sneaking up on Giz, slapping her on the run! Giz can't catch her...:rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
That is hilarious!! I can just visualize a teeny cat going up to a big ol kitty and just giving him a look and he runs away with his tail tucked. LOL :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-02-2009, 10:59 PM
That is so my Edwina and Eddie. He is almost twice her size...much younger and has his front claws (shhh...she has never understood that part...)

and she is The Boss.

Smacks him...bites him...bosses him...eats his food.

He loves it.

So does she.

Cinder & Smoke
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I, too, quit worrying about Boots, da Kat, when he'd reached about 5-6 months.
Shadow (my RB :( Husky/Shepherd) had finally accepted da KAT as a funny-lookin
housemate and they peacefully co-existed (for the most part).

Boots, the still tiny Kitten, had made a note of the fluffy tail-toy that Shadow ALWAYS
carried UP and artfully curled over her left hip - a gently *waving* flag that
the always bored Kitten just couldn't ignore.

Boots would lurk in waiting on the dining room table or on the back of one
of the recliners -
feigning sleep as the DAWG strolled by, flag/tail all a-flutter.

*LEAP * POUNCE * GRAB * BYTE * goes da Kat onto The Tail!
:eek: goes the Dawg ...

The Dawg did her best hop/skip/jump to flee from the attack ...
Da KAT would wrap all four paws around The Tail and wrestle it to the ground before releasing and dashing to safety back on the table or
another high spot. :rolleyes:

Shadow always had to go lie down and perform a Tail Check to make sure
no permanent damage had been suffered in the attack.

I sure do *miss* you two Clowns! :(

catnapper
04-03-2009, 08:48 AM
:D I would say its safe to stop worrying!

I used to worry about Abby and Flutter the same way. Now I too am assured those girls can handle themselves perfectly fine on their own. In fact, when I contacted a communicator, the lady said Flutter was the boss. Imagine my surprise, when I was asking if she felt bad, only to get the answer that she felt in charge! :eek: