PDA

View Full Version : I picked up a cute hitchhiker....

beeniesmom
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I was going to run errands when I saw this guy hanging on my car. :o

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/beeniesmom/IMG_0728.jpg

I figured he'd jump off once I slammed the car door or once the car started... and off we went.

To the post office .... :)

To the dry cleaners .... :)

To the grocery store .... :)

and back home..... he was still there!!! :eek:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/beeniesmom/IMG_0727.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/beeniesmom/IMG_0726.jpg

I was driving pretty fast too and it's windy today.
I checked and thought maybe he was stuck but he's not.
He moved to a new spot when I got closer.

He's just hanging out. :)

PS: Someone please comment on our cute dog of the day.

aTailOf2Kitties
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
little lizard wanted to go sight seeing, LOL. I saw a tree frog hanging onto a car on the highway once.:D

lvpets2002
04-02-2009, 03:18 PM
;) WoW such a wittle cutie pie.. Boy Howdy this baby went some distance with you just a hanging on.. Is this wittle one still hanging around??

Karen
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Aren't lizard feet amazing, that he had that good of a grip? Thanks for sharing!

beeniesmom
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
;) Is this wittle one still hanging around??

No, just went and took a quick look. He's gone.
I can imagine when he goes home to his lizard buddies..... :o

You guys will NEVER believe what happened to me today....

lizbud
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I can imagine when he goes home to his lizard buddies..... :o

You guys will NEVER believe what happened to me today....

LOL :D I'm glad he didn't fall off in traffic.

pomtzu
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe he heard about the bat that hitched a ride on the space shuttle! :eek:

At least this guy survived the trip! ;)

snowbelle15
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
What a cutie! Looks like had had a fun day sight-seeing from your car. :D

M&M's Mommy
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Eww.. I don't do very well with bugs and lizards.. :o

MonicanHonda
04-02-2009, 06:03 PM
That's a cool looking lizard! Lol

cassiesmom
04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
What is that, Carmen? (Is it really a lizard, or are you all having me on?) And how the heck did it get up onto your car? And however did it stay there after you were in motion? I had a ladybug on my windshield when I left work the other day and I actually got a piece of paper (thank goodness for ATM receipts!), lifted it off my windshield and put it in the grass before I went home.

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I can't believe he made it back to your house!! I can't count the times I've left and had lizards on the car windshield. It makes me go crazy when I see them because I know they're going to blow away. Sadly, I don't think I've ever returned with one still hanging on.:( Carmen, this is an amazing story!!

Elyse: In Florida, we have tons of those lizards. They're everywhere. This time of the year, they take over my yard. All colors and varieties. I see them everywhere. I have two or three I've named. They are the ones that are always in the same place and they're not really scared of me. I talk to them.:D Aren't they cute?

Carmen, do you have alot of cameleons in your area? We used to have them everywhere but I only see a few these days. It's been like that for about 5 years now. I wonder what happened to them. I think maybe it's inbreeding.

beeniesmom
04-03-2009, 07:31 AM
What is that, Carmen? (Is it really a lizard, or are you all having me on?) And how the heck did it get up onto your car? And however did it stay there after you were in motion? I had a ladybug on my windshield when I left work the other day and I actually got a piece of paper (thank goodness for ATM receipts!), lifted it off my windshield and put it in the grass before I went home.

I swear it was a real lizard! It climbed on the car. They can climb anywhere. I didn't bother to shoo it away because they always leave when I start the car or close the door.

beeniesmom
04-03-2009, 07:34 AM
I can't believe he made it back to your house!! I can't count the times I've left and had lizards on the car windshield. It makes me go crazy when I see them because I know they're going to blow away. Sadly, I don't think I've ever returned with one still hanging on.:( Carmen, this is an amazing story!!

Elyse: In Florida, we have tons of those lizards. They're everywhere. This time of the year, they take over my yard. All colors and varieties. I see them everywhere. I have two or three I've named. They are the ones that are always in the same place and they're not really scared of me. I talk to them.:D Aren't they cute?

Carmen, do you have alot of cameleons in your area? We used to have them everywhere but I only see a few these days. It's been like that for about 5 years now. I wonder what happened to them. I think maybe it's inbreeding.

I can't believe he made it either. Yes, we have a milion kinds of lizards in north east florida but no, I've never seen a chameleon (how neat!).

We are having a LOT of little tree frogs too. Every evening they hop on the porch and wait for the bugs to come toward the glass (because the lights are on inside).

PS: I just realized this thread should have gone in general... not dog general. Sorry! :o

stace1319
04-03-2009, 07:35 AM
aw how cute! I love lizards!

Daisy and Delilah
04-03-2009, 08:50 PM
My son has the little frogs at his house. I don't have any. They're so cute.:)

Sadly, I really think the chameleon population has dwindled because of the new, bigger, varieties. Sometimes those big ones get mean.:( They like to breed too.

Edwina's Secretary
04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I nearly stepped on your lizard's California cousin today at the Mission!

The Mission San Juan Capistrano is full of lizards, hummingbirds and Monarch butterflies. The kids love to watch the lizards -- especially if it is warm and they are doing "push ups" on the rocks.

Yours is an adventurous one for sure!

Lori Jordan
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Our trip to Flordia in 2007 those lizards were everywhere..The little tiny ones were adorable..And they come out of nowhere!!The first i ever seen one i was walking to our hotel room and it ran right across my foot..I started shreaking not knowing what it was..They neighbors must of thought i was loosing it..

The hotel we were in they were everywhere..Id be nervoud cutting the grass if they were all over the yard lol...I am bad for that here..We have all kinds of toads and i will come to a dead stop and go around them if i see them while im out cutting grass..Lol

Alysser
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
He's adorable! I'm shocked that he stayed on though, lucky little guy :D

My brother said Chameloens are not native to Florida and they are abandoned by people who keep them as pets and when they get bigger, bring them to the everglades because they're no longer "cute". :rolleyes:

I'm going to disney world next week for spring break and I cannot wait to see the lizards! I loved them, my brother lives in Palm Beach and one lives in his room, he said he doesn't mind him anymore, he's tried to get him out but it just won't leave. It sounds weird, I know but those little buggers aren't easy to catch, he's tried many times. The lizard doesn't bother him either..it never goes near him when he's home, just around I guess wherever it wants. He hasn't seen it for awhile, so it probably left..

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2009, 12:10 AM
They come in the house all the time too. Unfortunately, they hide and they usually don't make it. If they could get bugs they would live a little while but we hope we don't have any bugs in the house.
My front door is sitting where it has alot of afternoon sun exposure. They love basking in the sun. When I open the door, they come in.

The little baby ones are so cute it's hard to believe. They're sometimes as small as an inch long. They're miniatures of the bigger ones. I always wish I could pick them up and pet them.:)

Alyssa: That would explain why I don't see alot of chameleons anymore. For the first 30 years or so, I saw them everywhere. I never saw any of the newer varieties. I have two that live by my back porch and that's all I see. I call them Brownie and Green Guy--even though they may change colors and then I can't tell them apart. I might be calling Brownie, Green Guy, and, calling Green Guy, Brownie.:rolleyes: And.....I wonder why some people think I'm crazy.;)