PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Day

anna_66
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Or should I say REALLY BAD HAIRCUT:mad::mad:

Money is tight for everyone these days so I decided to take Simba to a new puppy salon for a haircut (Name of the salon was GONE TO THE DOGZZ). They were only charging $15 for small dogs so I thought "What could it hurt?" Well let me tell you, I will NEVER do that again.
I'm soooo glad that I didn't take Huney with him (normally they go together)

We all say go with your gut instinct, well...that's what I should have done. I hate to judge people on their looks, but these people just hit me the wrong way and it bothered me that he was taken behind a closed door where I couldn't see anything.
They were nice enough though, so I thought we'll give it a try.

For some reason I was anxious to pick him up the whole time (it only took 1 1/2 hours). So when they finally called I went right away to get him.

When I first seen him, I immediately looked away because he looked so horrific I couldn't stand to see him. I knew I would fly off the handle if I said anything so I just paid and left.
I did want him shaved, but they even shaved his poor little face and butchered his ears! The shave job was so wacked he still looks bad. His nails weren't trimmed and his feet weren't either. He didn't even smell good what so ever. NEVER AGAIN!

I had to call Mark on the way home to keep from crying:o I know it bothered me a lot more than it bothered Simba. Damn, even the dogs didn't know who he was:eek: When I let him in the house Bon went after him until he found out who he was:rolleyes: They followed him around for the longest time. It was like they were saying "What happened to you?!"

Well, enough of my rambling. Here's some pictures of his terrible haircut.

pomtzu
04-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh my!!! I'd be upset too. At least you have one consolation - the hair WILL grow back! :)

Knowing what I have to pay for grooming for my small dogs, I think that low price would have warned me, altho I probably would have given it a try also. Nothing ventured - nothing gained - but lesson learned! :p

Lori Jordan
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh Anna i feel for you,I did the same thing with Maggy last year,She has a skin conditions,and summer months with her sweating it just makes her raw and she rips her hair out..So i took her to the groomers..IT was a 50 dollars charge..When they walked her out of there back Kennel my jaw probably hit the floor..I looked at the lady and Simply said"You call that Professional..You need to look for a new job if you think that classifies as a good job.I did not pay a cent.They even went to the extent of trying to get Maggy away from me and proceeded to tell me there not giving her to me until i pay for the clipping.That sent me into a rage:mad:..

Needless to say there no longer in Buisness..Not to mention they also did not get paid for a few other butcher jobs they did.

Poor Simba,The only good thing Mom,Simba's hair will grow back,Just like Maggy's did..He still is cute as ever..We live and we learn don't we?Ill try and find a picture of Maggy when she had her grooming done,I posted pictures on here and none of you guys even recognized her it was that bad.

Lori Jordan
04-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Here is the Before and After...Look how pitiful she looks..I also forgot to mention i never asked her to be shaved that short..I just wanted her back end trimmed up,That is where she always rips her hair out.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/HPIM0875-1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/HPIM1218-1.jpg

k9krazee
04-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh my goodness! He doesn't look like the same dog at all! However, in the last picture he does look pretty cute! ;)

Husky_mom
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
hair or no hair.... Simba always looks cute!!... they did a messy job but at least he seems happy...;) I bet he thinks he looks so cool... haha.. wait a while and look at your pics Simba... then you might notice the difference ... haha.. (donīt we all.... when you see older pics of you with your awesome hair and go like "what was I thinking going like that in public?")...

I actually always do my pups myself.. evey once a couple years I take the punkies to a groomer... usually 20-25 dlls.... and I recently found a nice mobile center for the bunny that charges 15 goes to my home and does her right there in the front porch... how cool is that?...

4 Dog Mother
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh, my goodness, Anna! Poor Simba, that is almost as bad as the haircut I gave my bosses dog when she said she wanted him as short as I could get him. I never shaved a dog as short as I tried to get him nor will I ever again. Having trimmed mine several times now, I can tell you that trimming a dog is hard work but I would never charge anyone telling them I was doing a professional job. I told my bosses husband when he came to pick him up that he wouldn't have to worry about his running away anymore because he would be too ashamed to let any other dogs see him like that!

Poor Simba I don't think that shop will be in business long if that is the way they trim all dogs. But as everyone said, his hair will grow back! I would have been ready to cry too - which I also have been after I got done with my own dogs.

AdoreMyDogs
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh goodness. Well at least it'll grow back :eek:

I actually don't think it looks THAT bad, but it's because Simba's so darn cute it's hard to make him look terrible. I agree it's not a good haircut at all, but at least he's still got his good looks keeping him from looking too bad :)

I wish I could give my dogs a haircut like that (and my cats for that matter) because I'm so darn tired of the hair in my house, but I know they'd look hidious if I did that to them hehe.

Pam
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Simba's so darn cute it's hard to make him look terrible.

Thankfully Anna it will grow back. I agree with you that they took way too much off. I remember one time after a grooming that he still had his facial fur and his "lion look" around his neck. We live and learn. ;) Simba could never look bad though. :cool:

After I had Bella for about six months I took her to the groomer a few times. Aside from the fact that they got tons of water in her ears which led to yeast infections, they always took too much off her tail "pom." Now what good is a poodle without a nice pom I ask you? :p Of course when I brought Bella along on one of my visits to see my mom at the convalescent center, I ran into the breeder who who bred one of my former poodles (timing is everything!) and she commented on her pom. :o I wanted to die :o and quickly said "I didn't do it!!" LOL!

lizbud
04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, he looks like a different dog altogether. I agree, the cut wasn't
done by a real professional person. Simba still looks cute, just different.:)

K9karen
04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Anna, I agree, Simba's still as cute as can be, just less hairy. It'll grow back, it'll grow back, it'll grow back.

shais_mom
04-01-2009, 11:29 PM
well the consolation is - he will always be cute! :p
and the pic you sent me on the phone cracked me up - its just his goofy little smile!
I think I would have flipped too tho.
but I'm sure its harder on you than him! :D

cyber-sibes
04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Whoa, I can't believe whoever did that is really a professional groomer! I'd be really p-o'd too. If you don't trust that you could keep your cool talking to them, maybe write to tell them what you think of their grooming job.
Love the cute picture of him smiling, you're right, he doesn't seem to care! Good thing it'll grow back!

Cinder & Smoke
04-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh my goodness!
He doesn't look like the same dog at all!

... he does look pretty cute! ;)

wow!
:rolleyes:

They must use the thought process of:
"If ya cut it too short - just keep cutting." :eek:

Notice how *BIG* his ears grew?
They really "lowered" his head to pop those cute ears up so high!

Maybe look for some Fur-Grow Fertilizer at the pet shop!

Hey Simba - KEEP *Smilin*, Bub!

:D

Karen
04-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey, mom, it's only fur - it grows back! He actually looks pretty pleased with himself!

wolf_Q
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Usually when people complain about groomers I tend to side with the groomer thinking maybe there was a miscommunication (just from personal experience...a lot of times customer's ideas of "short" are not the same as a groomer's idea of "short")....but wow, that really IS that bad. :eek: From how choppy it is I would bet that they did not even bathe him. There's no way a clean dog would shave off that badly...well I guess if you really don't know what you're doing its possible. It looks like they just did a rough cut (a quick clip to get the majority of the hair off before the bath) and left it at that, no finishing cut. Poor Simba, at least he still has a cute smile. ;)

Muddy4paws
04-05-2009, 02:32 AM
:eek:!

That cut from a professional groomer's point of view is awful, They haven't bathed or finished him as said in the above post, It looks like they prepped him and left him at that. Had he been bathed and blowdried properly then his coat would of been alot more smoother.

You've got every right to complain, I know it was a cheap haircut but if a groomer is claiming to be a professional then they should honour their word by doing a professional job! I would phone up and see if you could get your money back, its worth a try. I wouldn't recommend taking him back for a fix up because quite honestly it looks like whoever had them clippers didn't have a clue what they was doing. :(

Don't be too harsh on yourself, I bet he's loving feeling free :D Looks like nice weather too, it will grow back soon enough ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2009, 07:03 AM
His short hair does make his smile stand out more! Poor boy! (or really poor you...he doesn't seem to mind too much :D)

joycenalex
04-05-2009, 08:26 AM
one very bad haircut, one amazingly cute dog....love that happy smile. i'm so glad he's in your pack

chocolatepuppy
04-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Bad haircut , for sure! Thank goodness Simba is so cute he will be fine waiting for it to grow out!:)

anna_66
04-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the positive thoughts of it growing back! I guess I'm getting used to it...big ears and all:p

It's been 2 weeks and he still looks pretty bad but at least his head it looking better!

I did find a place online to review them, but guess what? It's gone. Surprise, surprise, surprise:rolleyes: That's OK though, I've passed the word along to everyone I know;)

Simba says thanks to everyone for supporting him (and me!)

buttercup132
04-05-2009, 12:15 PM
It looks as though he might have been used for someone to practice on.
I would def be upset if I picked up my dog like that.

Taz_Zoee
04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I saw this thread before but I don't recall there being pictures. Or maybe I had to jump of the net because I was at work. :o

With a face like Simba's who cares what his coat looks like? He looks like he is a happy dog with that cute little smile. :)
Zoee has had a bad cut or two (where you could see the clip marks), but it grew out in a week or so to not look as bad. She's NEVER shaved though....EVER! I would go ballistic is someone shaved her.

Alysser
04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Poor little man! He's still adorable though, with that little innocent smile. Mom, what's wrong? I think I'd be upset, you certainly have a right to! It looks like it's growing back, Simba should be good in no time!

Daisy and Delilah
04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Anna, I can see why you were so shocked. I wouldn't recognize him.

However......he is so darn adorable, I think he looks like a cute little lion cub. The most recent picture is precious. :)

ramanth
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Poor Simba. :( Hope it grows back soon! Though I think he's still cute. ;)

Muddy4paws
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Word of mouth will hit them the hardest ;)

No one will take their dogs to people who have experienced it in person, Anyone an post a review online, any competition etc.

MonicanHonda
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Oh poor Simba!!! It's okay though, fur grows back. :)

anna_66
07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, FINALLY his hair is growing back! Happy Dayze:D

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Aww Simba! What a sweetie!:)

Taz_Zoee
07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Oh my gosh! He is flippin adorable!!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm just now seeing this thread.:o They sure did a horrible job on him but I'm glad to see that his fur is growing back again.:) He sure is cute.

This is the second year that I've had my 3 long haired cats get lion cuts and the groomers does an excellent job. They do charge $65 per cat but it's well worth it because I'd never be able to do this.They're so much more comfortable during the summer months because I don't have A/C.They're also the only groomers that I know of that does cats and they're also a school but the owner is the one that works on cats so I've been very satisfied.:)

ramanth
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
There's the handsome fluffy boy! :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, FINALLY his hair is growing back!

Happy Dayze :D

He DOES look kinda "Foofie" again! ;)

But like I said before ... he didn't look all THAT bad before.
And fur sure, HE didn't seem to notice there was a problem at all! :p

Us Guyz can't tell a good haircut from a scalping ... Who cares??

4 Dog Mother
07-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh, Simba, your hair is back! Tell mom you look cute either way.

beeniesmom
07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
AAWWwwwww! So cute! I want to bury my face in the fur!