PDA

View Full Version : Miss Boo (help needed!)

Laura's Babies
03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Miss Boo went for her annual today.. Got almost there and they were moving a house down the road so I had to turn around and go the long way around. We arrived only 3 minutes late..

She checked out fine except that she has a infection in her gums caused by a rotten tooth. She is on a 21 day round of antibiotics twice a day and I am to take her back in 10 days to let him check on it and see if he can clean it up any.. Then it may have to be removed after blood work has been done to see if she could handle being put under and having that done.. If she can't then we will have to treat her with antibiotics from time to time.. Poor girl!

Otherwise, she is fine and just as sweet as ever. The other night we had a new FIRST with her and there was nobody here to take a picture of it. I was on the sofa laying down. Samantha at my knee, Amy at my lap.. Boo came and wanted up SO bad. She finally decided to give it a try and she got up there and laid by my shoulder! SO, there I was with 3 of them on the sofa with me.. I was so excited and thrilled and NOBODY there to get a picture of the four of us!! :(

Here she is with her favorite little human who always goes straight to the bedroom to see her when he comes over and stays in there with her the whole time he is here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/My%20Babies/IMG_0414.jpg

Randi
03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm glad Boo was fine, except for the tooth - hopefully the antibiotics wil take care of that. :)

What a cute picture of Boo and the little boy. Would have been fun to see the picture of you with them all. Perhaps another time.

phesina
03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Great news about Boo, except for the tooth, and prayers that the antibiotics will heal that ouchie tooth in no time.

She and the little fella are just adorable!!!!! What a sweet picture.

lvpets2002
03-31-2009, 04:09 PM
:love: Well I am so glad Miss Boo's check up went very good & well.. Sorry about her rotten tooth.. Is the Vet to pull the tooth as soon as Miss Boo's Meds are done?? Now are those mad ears or what?? She does not look too happy.. Is this your Adorble grandson?? He is very Handsome..

Laura's Babies
03-31-2009, 04:56 PM
He is my GREAT grandson Dakota. He is 5 years old now.. I don't understand her ears in that picture.. She adores him as much as he does her. He had woke her up when he went in there.. If he leaves the bedroom, she follows him.

The vet wants to clean it up and get a better look at it before we decide rather to try to pull it or not. Right now, it is so inflamed that she jerked when he touched her face there.. I am sure it needs to be pulled, it looks bad and I doubt cleaning it up will do much good. Then, blood work to see if she is up to having the proceedure done.. I hate the thought of her being in that much pain with it like it is.. Poor sweet girl!

He gave me powdered capsules of the antibotics so I can put it in her food so until then, I think I will switch her to canned food and feed her that twice a day WITH the meds in it. She always ate canned food before she came to live with me but Sis switched her to dry knowing they have to self feed while I am gone. I have another 21 days off so we will have a answer by the time she is done with this round of meds...

Medusa
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Aw poor li'l Boo. A sore tooth really hurts but I'm glad that she checked out ok otherwise. Can you squirt some Chlorhexadine onto her gums? That really helps w/infection. :love:

catmandu
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Thats great news about boo, and its good to see that boo has a young cat man to be his boon companion.
And its great that boos over his shyness and is having a great time in the big easy!!!
:):):):):):):)

cassiesmom
03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Three kitties for one hoomin... I'm jealous! And I think your young visitor is very handsome, Boo. (Why do you have your ears down, though?) I hope your ouchy tooth heals v-e-r-y fast!

catnapper
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Great to hear she's doing so well (poor toothie though!) I gotta love the ears in that photo! We get lots of ears like that around here too :p

Laura's Babies
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
OK folks, she will not touch the food with her meds in them.. I wasted one pill today and another one last night.. She won't touch it! She smells it and turns her back on it. She HAS to have this so what do I do? I am calling the vet tomorrow if I can't find a solution.. I am not going to try shoving a pill down her throat with her mouth as sensitive as it is with this infection and I can't run her down there twice a day for them to do it.. WHAT to do?

Donnaj4962
04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I am so sorry Boo has a bad tooth. My Tabby had the same issue a few years ago. She had lost her tooth, and months later, the area got infected. She refusd to even let the vet open her mouth! So I was given liquid antibiotics that I put in a syringe and she took that much easier than she ever has a pill. I would wrap her in a towel, turn her on her back and in went the liquid.

Maybe that would be an option for Miss Boo.

Please be a good girl Boo and take your medicine. It really is good for you! ;)

Grace
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
There is an antibiotic, Convenia, that can be given in an injection and is good for TWO weeks.

Two of my cats have received it in the past year, and it has been a God-send.

Does your Vet use it, and will it work for Boo's problem? It cost us $59 each time, but it was worth every penny.

Medusa
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
There is an antibiotic, Convenia, that can be given in an injection and is good for TWO weeks.

Two of my cats have received it in the past year, and it has been a God-send.

Does your Vet use it, and will it work for Boo's problem? It cost us $59 each time, but it was worth every penny.

Yes, Convenia! Why didn't I think of it? It is great and then you don't have to stress Boo out and you don't have to worry about how you're going to get the antibiotic into her.

Moesha
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow, my vet must be really reasonable. Morgan had the two week antibiotic injection last month when he had the bladder problems. It only cost $12 or $15.

Have you ever tried the pill pockets?

Laura's Babies
04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
As any good Mommie would do, I went out and bought some different canned food. Boo ate more of it than the did the other stuff but didn't eat it all. :rolleyes: Of coarse I had to give her more to (hopefully) hide the taste and I think that is why she didn't eat it all.. I usually give them about 1/2 teaspoon and she got about 2 tablespoons tonight.

I put in a syringe and she took that much easier than she ever has a pill. I would wrap her in a towel, turn her on her back and in went the liquid.

I have to much going on right now to have to deal with a cat bite. If I have anymore trouble, I will call and ask them if we can do that shot.. I can not risk getting bitten right now... He gave me Clindamycin to give her 75mg twice a day.

smokey the elder
04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Clindamycin is supposed to taste vile. Fortunately Moby is easy to medicate; she just makes a face. Good luck with Boo.

Medusa
04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Clindamycin is supposed to taste vile.

Yes, it's bitter. I refrigerate it and it helps it to go down more easily. :)

Laura's Babies
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks Medusa, I will try that. I fixed it this morning and she got served in bed :rolleyes:..... She ate most of it and with encouragement from me, she finally ate it all.. Keeping fingers crossed that this keeps working....

phesina
04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Prayers and good thoughts and healing energies sent for Miss Boo and her ouchie toofie and her icky medicine.. :love::love: That's great that you were able to get her to eat the food with the medicine in it this morning.

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Boo's nasty tooth.:( Hopefully she'll continue to take her medicine without any more problems. Her tooth will probably need to be pulled and I hope that this will also go well. How old is she? Storm is 13 and last year he had a dental cleaning and had 2 teeth pulled without any problems. Good luck.:)

The picture of Boo and your great grandson sure is cute.:) She's got major airplane ears going on.:)

Laura's Babies
04-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Boo is 13, will be 14 in September.. Thanks for telling me about Storm, that helps to take some of the worry about it away... not much, but some.

She only ate about 1/2 of it tonight...:(

I got her to finish the rest.. served it to her in bed again and she finished it.