PDA

View Full Version : After 47 years. . .

davidpizzica
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
My tenure at Longue Vue Club may have ended. I was at the doctor's office today and she explained that right now with my heart situation I'm fairly stable, but that my work as a groundskeeper may put a lot of strain on my heart and make it worse. I started caddying there at the age of 14 in 1962, and started with the grounds crew in 1971. The next job (whateve it is) will definitely involve working with animals maybe working at Petco or perhaps at a shelter. It'll be rough giving up a job after all these years, but I need to.

moosmom
03-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Glad to hear you're finally taking care of yourself. That job was in a hostile environment and you don't need that kind of stress, aggravating all your other health problems.

lvpets2002
03-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear you're finally taking care of yourself. That job was in a hostile environment and you don't need that kind of stress, aggravating all your other health problems.

:love: Thank you & well said Donna.. David get a job with animals of which you love so much.. At least they will respect & love you back..;)

davidpizzica
03-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Actually, being at the course wasn't bad, the members treated us workers as friends and are some of the nicest people around, and it wasn't at all like "Caddyshack". The problem lies with the boss. He thinks he can do anything he wants to his workers and he is the laziest boss on earth. I think he helped to get my health situation the way it is.

carole
03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
See it as a blessing in disguise David, i know it will be hard and there will be aspects of the job you will surely miss, but working with animals, will be the icing on the cake for you, in an enviroment you love with animals you love and the stress will be taken out of your daily routine,and hopefully you will be much healthy because of it, i wish you well my dearest friend. Take care now.:love:

lvpets2002
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
:) I know you will miss the job & the customers = But your Health is more important.. And as for the AWipe of a boss = we lets say this What Comes Around - Goes Around.. His time is coming some day for his acting & treating you all so bad.. You just watch & see..

Catty1
03-30-2009, 05:00 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

I hope you find a great place with animals to work...now, remember, you can't take them ALL home! ;):love:

Daisy and Delilah
03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
It seems as we have gotten older, David, our lives should remain stable. Yours sure hasn't been very stable lately has it? Talk about changes. Health, church, and now your job. I guess God is trying to tell you that some changes have to be made at this time.

I agree with others and especially Donna. You were in a toxic situation with your boss, the tyrant. He's going to sadly miss you. That's what we call kharma. His is yet to come.

I think working with animals may be perfect for you. It sounds so enjoyable and no stress at all. Just be careful and avoid the heavy lifting. Take care of that heart. We want you around for a long long time. Believe me, this is a good thing even though it doesn't seem like it right now.{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

p.s. I hope your friends at the golf course have a huge party for you and forget to invite the boss.:p I know....I'll invite him to Florida for a vacation. I would love to spend some time with him. ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

I hope you find a great place with animals to work...now, remember, you can't take them ALL home! ;):love:

Aw gee Catty, why not?

davidpizzica
03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
See it as a blessing in disguise David, i know it will be hard and there will be aspects of the job you will surely miss, but working with animals, will be the icing on the cake for you, in an enviroment you love with animals you love and the stress will be taken out of your daily routine,and hopefully you will be much healthy because of it, i wish you well my dearest friend. Take care now.:love:

Thank you, Sis for those kind words. I'll miss being around some of the members, some I count as good friends.

Medusa
03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Try to see it as a gift, David. One door closing, another door opening. You have good things in store for you. :)

Laura's Babies
03-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I left a toxic job I held for 21 years and have never looked back or regretted quitting it. Hopefully, whatever you do, you will enjoy as much as I do the one I have now! GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES!

Taz_Zoee
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I, for one, do not deal well with change. So I can understand how you might feel about leaving a job you've had most of your life. But as others have stated it is the best thing for you. Once you find that next perfect job it will all be easier. :)

K9karen
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I sure hope your rotten, lazy boss gives you some decent compensation after all your hard working dedication! Stress is an awful thing and causes so many problems, as you know. Maybe this was a wake up call. We sure would love to have you around for a long time. Your boss will suffer without you.

I hope you find a fun, great job that you love. Working with animals would be top on my list too!

Stay healthy, David!

DJFyrewolf36
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I hope you get something for your dedication! People that work many years for a company is a rarity nowdays. *hugs* Prayers on the way that you find something you will enjoy!