PDA

View Full Version : Now this was REAL love!!!

moosmom
03-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I came upon some of my Dad's things the other day. I found a picture of them in 1973 on vacation in Bermuda, 8 months before Mom passed away at the age of 44, from lung cancer.

Along with the picture, I found beautiful love letters my Dad wrote to Mom while in the Navy. They were high school sweethearts. They started dating when Mom was 14 and Dad was 15. They were married for 27 years.

I was so excited, I ran to the craft store and bought stuff to make a special frame. Here's the end result. I smile everytime I look at it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3845.jpg?t=1238340406

Laura's Babies
03-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Awww! That is so SWEET! I LOVE that picture and how you framed it. What a treasure!!!

I got all Mama's black and white photos after she passed away and the one thing I noticed was that Daddy took tons of pictures of her. Not many of them together but just pictures he took of her. I gathered from them that he loved her very much and was proud of her, proud enough to show her off in pictures. Some of them were really professional looking too. He took one (wish I could find it real quick) of her sitting by a tree by the James River that is simply stunning.

davidpizzica
03-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Donna, what a beautiful picture and a timeless remembrance of your parents love for one another. You did a wonderful job on the frame, it goes with the picture perfectly.

Karen
03-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I am afraid there are many pictures of me, more than Paul, and way more than there are of the two of us together - when ever we go some place, he tends to want to take a picture of "Karen standing by the" whatever monument or beautiful thing we are there to see.

Beautiful picture, and great job on the frame for it! That's a treasure!

carole
03-29-2009, 05:30 PM
What a fabulous picture Donna, and Donna look at your mother's figure and those long pins, wow she sure was stunning,thanks for sharing.:):love:

K9karen
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Beautiful, Donna! I'm glad it brings you happiness every day. I have a gazillion photos of my parents, at different stages of their lives, all over the house. I thought it'd bother me, but it makes me feel great, remembering their 60 years together.

Medusa
03-30-2009, 07:22 AM
A beautiful way to treasure such a beautiful memory, Donna. :)