PDA

View Full Version : ShamWow

pomtzu
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Has anyone tried these moisture absorbing cloths? Do they work?

I've read a bunch of reviews, and either people love them, or absolutely hate them and refer to them as "Scam Wow"! :eek:

Anyway -I don't think I would buy them from the t.v. infomercials, and would wait till they're available in stores if I do decide to try them.

I'd like input if anybody has any. Thanks! :)

Freedom
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, far as I know, they are now available in stores.

The TV commercial is really poorly constructed, you can actually see splices in it.

I think your basic shammy cloth will do fine.

moosmom
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Bed, Bath & Beyond sells them. Haven't had any of them returned, so they must be good. Why pay S&H when you can buy them locally.

kitten645
03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Funny..I was just at Costco yesterday with my brother. We passed them and he said that...Scam Wow! LOL! He bought them and he says they are USELESS! He said he'd have better results drying his car with his cat! (JK) :D

RICHARD
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
He said he'd have better results drying his car with his cat! (JK) :D

I have a Maine Coon and he's useless in the auto detailing department.

He gets all wiggly and I start to bleed before I get the first piece of body work dry!

lizbud
03-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Did anyone see the news/gossip about this guy? I don't know about
this product but saw it on display at PetsMart yesterday.

http://gawker.com/5187540/shamwow-guy-beats-up-cannibal-hooker

pomtzu
03-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Did anyone see the news/gossip about this guy? I don't know about
this product but saw it on display at PetsMart yesterday.

http://gawker.com/5187540/shamwow-guy-beats-up-cannibal-hooker

Yikes - for $1000 she could have been a bit nicer to him.... :eek:
Guess she doesn't like ShamWow either!! :D

I wonder if he got a refund?

moosmom
03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
She probably bit his tongue out to prevent him from screaming in those stupid informercials. Tell me something...Why does he need to yell (or should I say talk loudly) when he's got a microphone on he's almost swallowing???) What a pig.

k9krazee
03-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know anything about the product...but I LOVE the commercial! Haha, I crack up every time. It's so funny. :D

RICHARD
03-29-2009, 06:58 PM
It's THAMMWoooooooo

Vince, the Sham Wow guy, was busted with a "rental woman" a few days ago..

Seems she wanted to injure him and take away his money making abilities.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

I love reality TV!!!!

aTailOf2Kitties
03-30-2009, 07:04 AM
I bought the "Amazing Absorber" towel at WalMart last summer. It was like 6 bucks and works reasonably well. I use it on my car all the time. I suppose it is one of those "imitator" products I should beware of? LOL

smokey the elder
03-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Billy Mays (the shouter) used to do the commercials, now there's a new guy. I hate being shouted at by advertisers; time for the mute button.

Cataholic
03-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I saw a ShamWow demonstration at the pet expo this weekend. It seemed like it really worked. I watched what the guy did and it seemed 'legit'. I didn't think it was going to cure cancer or educate the masses, but, it seemed to pick up a lot of liquid!