PDA

View Full Version : Kaysha and I are leaving for the vet soon : (

scrain2329
03-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Kaysha hasn't been feeling well. She hasn't eaten a sufficient meal in 2 days, she was up at 3 am this morning with diarrhea and vomited yellow foamy bile I guess is what it is. I gave her pepto at 3:30am and again at about 6 am. She is getting pretty dehydrated and I just want to get there, get her hydrated and hopefully get some food in her. It isn't like she can afford to loose weight with her little bones always sticking out to feel : ( Wish us luck and if anybody has any ideas for nummy things to eat once her tummy calms down please let me know! She is so picky in the first place, dog food is flicked across the floor to eat on good days and after about 10 min of that she eats out of her bowl.... but I cant walk away or its done. So things I have tried, satin balls (raw and cooked..she didn't really like it too much, only for a day or so), Boiled chicken (usually works but not the past couple of days), hot dogs, turkey, and... well cant think of anything else at the moment. well yeah, wish us luck!!!

keep fingers and paws crossed nothing is wrong : (
sorry if there is spelling, over dramatic and worried momma is a weeping worry over here!

Seravieve
03-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Awww I hope Kaysha gets to feeling better and hope it's nothing serious!

I feel you pain with a picky eater. Eli is one too. Really.. only when it comes to kibble. And he has to feel totally comfortable where he is before he's willing to eat.

Plain cooked ground beef and rice is what I've always heard to feel a dog who's had vomiting/diarrhea. Boiled chicken like you said is good too.

K9karen
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Anxiously waiting for a post about the vet. Lots of prayers comingboth your ways!

lizbud
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Prayers for Kaysha. I hope the Vet knows just the thing to help her feel
much better.:)

Daisy and Delilah
03-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I hope the vet visit goes well. Thoughts and prayers coming to you both from me. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

ChrisH
03-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Prayers sent for Kaysha. Hope the vet visit went well and they were able to help.

scrain2329
03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
looks like my little baby has a case of gastroenteritis:eek:! or upset tummy causing vomiting and diarrhea. No food or water for 24 hours. She got a big under the skin fluid shot because she is dehydrated, and another shot for nausea. Tomorrow around 7 am she will be offered just a bland diet, baby food and boiled chicken, as well as half a pill of cerenia for 4 days to prevent vomiting! They couldnt get a stool sample so I am going to bring some back in when she thickens up to rule other stuff out since this isnt the first time she gets like this. Oh yeah she is a whooping 7pounds 7 ounces!!!! crazy, I know. They told me again to get her to gain some weight, all I can say is come on, I'm trying! Eli, tell your mom I will try the beef and rice and you Mr should stop being so picky, it scares us mommies!

thanks for the concerns, hopefully she will be fine and turn around quickly with some medicine :love:

love, overprotective/worrisome mom and little kaysha :)

Karen
03-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Aww, poor little one! Give her a kiss from me, okay?

scrain2329
03-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Aww, poor little one! Give her a kiss from me, okay?

oh trust me, not a problem and will do! Thank you :)

Taz_Zoee
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, glad to hear they think they know what the problem is. Hopefully she'll be good as new in no time. 7lbs! :eek: My kitten, Paizly, probably weighs more than that by now.

Come on Kaysha, once you can eat again, please eat!!!

scrain2329
03-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Trey is keeping kaysha company when she feels sicky!
here she is licking the bed, not getting sick!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/scrain2329/DSCN0498.jpg
he loves her. one day I will catch him cleaning her, with a video. its so great, tongue all the way around her face and when he gets to her body it rocks her back and forth with each lick haha
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/scrain2329/DSCN0499.jpg

she went on the bed so he followed, after I took the picture they went over to the fire place and she laid down and he sat down next to her. its so cute when they can tell when they don't feel good!:love:

chocolatepuppy
03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Poor Kaysha. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Seravieve
03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Awww! Nothing like some good brotherly love when you dont feel good, eh Kaysha? They're so cute together! Glad to hear its nothing too major. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

K9karen
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Aw...so cute that Kaysha has a big bro to nurse her back to health. She's such a widdle bitty, so adorable and silky..I hope she feels better soon, soon, soon! Thank the angels above, I've never had this problem with either dog (although Mr Cody would eat anything), but I've been told chicken/beef and rice as others have told you, should help. You know what they say about *chicken soup* etc. Cures what ails ya, ya know! Lots of kisses on both precious pumpkins.

Daisy and Delilah
03-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Such great pictures!! Kaysha is a cutie patootie!! Trey is a very good brother. Get well Kaysha!!:)