PDA

View Full Version : I've lost 40 pounds so far!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Because of all the resting and lots of meds I managed to gain a lot of weight over the past years. As I have a very delicate back, the overweight was really getting a big problem! I tried several diets, untill I decided to join Weighwatchers:)
I started in January 2008. I was so HUGE!!!
Little by little I managed to get rid of 40 pounds! Not bad hey!!
I feel so much healthier now. ALL my clothes from last summer are to large now, so ........ I have to GO SHOPPING :p!! Yippie

Here are the pics to proove it all. DO NOT FAINT, I was so fat...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/dik2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/dik1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/dik3.jpg

and now........
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/zeedec2008020-1.jpg
that's my sisters dog Bo

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/DSCN0047.jpg

Laura's Babies
03-28-2009, 08:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WAY TO GO!!!

I lost 45 pounds and have so far managed to keep it off but I did it on my own and took my time. It took me 3 years of just eating healthy. I bought all my clothes at the used clothing stores because I was having to by a different size so often. Now that I have stopped loosing and maintaining my weight, I buy new clothes more often but I still prefer to buy used jeans. I went from size 14 to 16 to size 4 to 8's now. Loosing all that weight has made me look so OLD now but I guess I am getting old so I may as well be thin..

My weight gain was caused by going to work on the river and being able to cook anything I wanted at someone elses expense and being able to try all those new recipes.. all that good food, you HAVE to eat it... right? I would gain 10 pounds a trip, loose 5 while off and over time, it added up.. :rolleyes:

ninnu
03-28-2009, 10:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/felixkat/congrats/22364547.gif Lut, you look really nice now, and I bet, you feel wonderful :D
I wish I could join you for the shopping trip, that would be fun, but well, show us then what you bought ;)

Again, congrats my friend, I am proud of you!

Queen of Poop
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Excellent work!!! So happy for you, and so very proud of you.

sirrahbed
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
You look wonderful Lut!:D You DO need much smaller clothing now girl!! Enjoy the shopping. If you are anything like me, it will be a whole new experience to choose clothing that is not too big:) You know, clothes that actually fit close to the body:cool:

(((HUGS))) to you, you look so pretty!!:love:

Taz_Zoee
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM
That's great that you lost 40 lbs. But I think I found it. :( LOL I've gained about that much in the past 6 years since I met Bruce.

You look wonderful!! :D

Medusa
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
You go, girl! :)

Randi
03-28-2009, 11:40 AM
That's a lot you've lost - great! I bet it gives you more energy too. :) It shows a lot in your face.

Love the pictures of you with the red shirt on and the one by the seaside.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-28-2009, 02:08 PM
:o WOW !!!! Thanks everybody !!!:love::):love:

Debbie, I went down 3 sizes :D!!

phesina
03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Congratulations, Lut, well done! You look fantastic.

NoahsMommy
03-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Lut,
I'm so proud of you!! This is a WONDERFUL thing you've done. You are my inspiration, Lut. Like you, I've gained weight due to a medical condition. Medication + resting + my having to eat low-fiber foods :( :(

I'm finally at a place where I can start adding some MOVEMENT to my lifestyle and adding more fiberous foods to my diet. I'm just starting, so I'm going to use you as my inspiration, OK??? You've shown me that it CAN be done in our situation. I was getting really discouraged and scared. I've been UNDER-weight my whole life because of my illness and then I had surgery and steriods and poof! everything changed. While I'm physically feeling better (sickness-wise), I feel HORRIBLE about how I look and feel physically. :(

Thank you for sharing this with us, Lut. You've no idea how inspiring this is to me. My mom lost about 40+ pounds with WeightWatchers last year and just joined again to keep up with it. I am borrowing her materials and am going to try and do the same program, but tailored to what my body can handle food-wise and working out.

:love: ((((((((((((((((((((LUT))))))))))))))))))))))) :love:

moosmom
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Weight Watchers is THE best diet on the market. Congrats on losing the 40 lbs!!!

Marigold2
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
you look great!!!

K9karen
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Woo! Woo! That's awesome, Lut! I know you feel better physically, mentally and emotionally!

I went on WW in 1970 when the diet was all measured on a scale, but I ate ALOT! It was more limited than today's program, but, it worked so well! My parents, always on the thin side, went through middle aged spread, so I cooked for them the same way, and they lose weight and kept it off the rest of their lives.

I agree, WW is the best. I have friends on it now and they aren't having any problems. Continued good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Wow Lut you look great! Good job!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Congrats Lut!!! You look great.:D

chocolatepuppy
03-29-2009, 06:08 AM
That's great Lut! Losing weight is never easy, you should be very proud of yourself! You look fantastic!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-29-2009, 07:32 AM
[COLOR="TealLike you, I've gained weight due to a medical condition. I'm going to use you as my inspiration, OK??? You've shown me that it CAN be done in our situation. I was getting really discouraged and scared. I've been UNDER-weight my whole life because of my illness and then I had surgery and steriods and poof! everything changed. While I'm physically feeling better (sickness-wise), I feel HORRIBLE about how I look and feel physically. :(

Thank you for sharing this with us, Lut. You've no idea how inspiring this is to me. My mom lost about 40+ pounds with WeightWatchers last year and just joined again to keep up with it. I am borrowing her materials and am going to try and do the same program, but tailored to what my body can handle food-wise and working out.

:love: ((((((((((((((((((((LUT))))))))))))))))))))))) :love:

Of course may do this!! I feel honoured!!
You are indeed in the same situation as I was 1 year ago. I was disgusted when I saw myself in the mirror, so I always turned it away while washing myself:o.......!

Just like you, I also always have been the "skinny" girl of the class! Friends who saw me back after all this years, even didn't recognize me!!
That WW-program is perfect for you!! Try to stick to it as much as possible, and DO DRINK A LOT !! (especially water)
Good luck sweety, give me a call if you need more advize or help, or even a shoulder to cry on !

ramanth
03-29-2009, 04:44 PM
You look great Lut! Congrats! :love:

carole
03-29-2009, 05:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS lut, WELL DONE, i too am on WW doing it alone at home, so far in six weeks i have dropped ten pounds, it is wonderful , the best programme ever, i have done it many times, but this time i intend to keep it off for good, i want to loose another 16 pounds and i am being realistic at giving myself until xmas to reach my goal.

You enjoy your shopping, you deserve it,did you treat yourself with little things along the way as you reached certain goals,?Not food of course.

You are an inspiration to us all, and certainly will keep me at it.

I am hoping to get within 5 kilos of my goal and join WW to do the rest but it will depend on the finances, i can do it alone if i have to.,kitties care comes first.

You have worked so hard, good for you.:):love:

Pinot's Mom
03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Congratulations! I've also lost 40 lbs, so I know how you must feel! You've done an incredible job and you should be proud!!:D:D

prechrswife
03-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Congratulations!:D