PDA

View Full Version : Draft of new logo etc...feedback please FINAL DRAFT? #17

Catty1
03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
The website is not working yet, and don't call my cell LD! LOL

This is a semi-final draft...going on a silver car...thanks for your 2 cents. Or more!:D

Laura's Babies
03-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I LOVE IT! I think it is perfect.. I find it easy on the eyes and it would be easily recognized... classy looking too...

Daisy and Delilah
03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
It's really clever and catchy. It would make me look at it. :)

Catty1
03-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Okay...because of feedback I have had outside PT, here's a question:

Is there a computer anywhere in this design?

(I have a reason for asking.)

Karen
03-28-2009, 01:26 AM
I'd put a keyboard underneath the rectangle, so people would recognize that as a computer monitor.

Puckstop31
03-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Interesting.... It is VERY different from any other computer company logo I have seen. It's very....feminine. Thats not a bad thing. I think it will do you great service. Also, the "Computer Care" title is a great idea. You can sell the concept of preventitive service. Something that is not common in our biz. Now, it might be a hard sell, selling that idea to the home user. A person who will have a tough time parting with their money when everything is working well. But that idea is something very different.

The only critique I can offer is, IMHO, if you want to cater to more business customers you may need to give the logo a little more "edge". Add something to it, graphically, that says you are technology provider.

If you want to talk more about selling the idea of preventitive care, fire me a email. We can talk about how to sell service plans. Guaranteed revenue, a real schedule and the customer gets peace of mind because. Our service plans are the core of our business.

:)

phesina
03-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I think it's excellent, Candace. You did a great job!

NoahsMommy
03-28-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree with Karen...adding a keyboard would make it more obvious.

I also agree with Puckstop...if you want to also cater towards business, a little more edginess in the verbage/graphics would be good. As far as WHAT?? I have no idea, sorry about that. :o

Good luck! It looks good!

Catty1
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
What do you all think about - instead of monitor and keyboard - seeing if the design guy can do a laptop?

As far as catering to business...small businesses are where I would like to aim, home businesses and residential clients.

Since I am targeting the commuter towns around Calgary, my aim is to have a ripple effect going from the commuters to their businesses, whether they are in Calgary or outside of it.

THANK YOU ALL very much...I am blessed with a tech maven here, all your feedback, a guy here in town who is my go-to person for hardware...it's all lining up.

:love::love::love::)

Puckstop31
03-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Think TIME. Technology is about saving time. Show your potential clients how much time they can save by using the solutions you provide. Find out how much their time is worth, then do the math and show them how much they can save by using your solutions.

My companies theme... "12:34....It's about time." :)

A lot of people fear technology. Be the person who shows them how it can save them their valuable TIME.

Catty1
03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
PS, what you said about people fearing technology is something I heard from my marketing person, and others - which affected my choice of name, and a cute face and heart in the logo. "We'll take care of you" sort of thing.

Thanks!

Randi
03-29-2009, 06:52 AM
It's cute, but in my opinion, you use too many different fonts. Are you having a professional draw the logo once you've decided what should be in it?

I like the idea of a keyboard under the monitor.

Good luck! :)

Catty1
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi, Randi - it's a professional doing the whole thing. As he said, it has not been "drawn" yet.

Anything else? Heart too big? Just right?

Thanks, all.:)

Medusa
03-31-2009, 06:56 AM
I like the idea of computer care but had I not known what the logo was about, I would've been stumped. As Karen said, a keyboard would clear up the mystery. I like your idea even better, though, of a laptop. :)

Catty1
03-31-2009, 10:15 AM
The designer says he has been looking for a graphic of a laptop that will show up well enough - and hasn't found one. I told him to use his own ideas too (I am an unusually flexible customer, I guess!) - going back to 'shadowing' the monitor to make it look like a boxy one (CRT), or even adding a mouse. He was also concerned that people would think I work only on laptops. (I'd be happy - work at home in my jammies! :D ).

Here's the original proof (draft) with the CRT monitor. The whole design was vertical, but because it is going on a Toyota, has been rendered more horizontal.

Medusa
03-31-2009, 10:55 AM
(I'd be happy - work at home in my jammies! :D ).

Having a home office is nice on cold winter days when you don't have to drive in the weather but there's something to be said in having an outside office. Once I crossed the threshhold, I was all business but when I closed the office and went back to just one location in my home, there were/are so many distractions, the Fur Posse just to name a few. LOL

Catty1
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Is it a go??? :)

Karen
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Excellent - it's a go! It is clear in what everything is, but looks friendly as well.

Catty1
04-01-2009, 07:48 PM
THANKS!

I also still have your lovely artsy card up on my wall also! :D

Laura's Babies
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I just have to tell you, that is the loveliest logo I have ever seen.. And I am not saying that just to make you feel good, I mean it! I LOVE IT!

phesina
04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
That's really nice, Candace. I thought the first one was good, but I can see how much better it is now.

catnapper
04-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I liked the simplicity of the first one best. The final draft is more evident that its a computer but I think the mouse seems out of place -- the line weight is much finer than that of the heart and computer.

catnapper
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Okie dokie, I only have paint on this computer, but how about these ideas? They are dorky to the max right now, but I hope you see the concept I was thinking of. I was trying ot just darken the mouse's line thickness and couldn't do it with paint so I played with different ideas.

By the way, I do think its a great logo!

Catty1
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Kim, I agree about the mouse and cord...as the artist said, this is a draft and has yet to be "drawn". Hey, your sketches are fine...my first one looked more like Spongebob with a heart! LOL

However I will keep the cord where it is, although I do like your heart shape you did with it - the way it is done now, it creates a shape going into the heart curve, and I know the artist looks for a 'shape' in the whole thing - hence the staggering of the text on the RHS to mold it a bit as well.

Thanks again, everyone - this is a first and kind of scary for me. Your support is SO appreciated, you just don't know. :love::love::love::love:

pomtzu
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
This is just my opinion, but I don't think the heart really fits in. Makes it too "girlie" looking - needs to look more business-like - altho catnapper's idea of making a heart from the mouse cord is good. (the image on the right)

Catty1
04-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Girlie is good, JMO - my demographic is mainly residential. The heart emphasizes the "care", as well as that word meaning repair/maintenance/service.

It's different in that it is girly - any way to stand out in the marketplace works!

I do understand your POV, but am going with the girly for a reason.:)

Thanks! :)

pomtzu
04-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Girlie is good, JMO - my demographic is mainly residential. The heart emphasizes the "care", as well as that word meaning repair/maintenance/service.

It's different in that it is girly - any way to stand out in the marketplace works!

I do understand your POV, but am going with the girly for a reason.:)

Thanks! :)

I understand. It's just that a lot of folks have the attitude that women don't know a whole heck of a lot - especially on tech issues - and might be steered away because of their perception of the heart (girlie, fluff, and whatever other stereotypes that they care to apply!) :eek:

Catty1
04-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Hee hee - well, I'll be a pioneer and show a bit different. ;)

Also - no one has blinked at me being a female, male and female customers alike.

Puckstop - who has run a huge IT company for 20 some years - said the following earlier in the thread:

Interesting.... It is VERY different from any other computer company logo I have seen. It's very....feminine. Thats not a bad thing. I think it will do you great service. Also, the "Computer Care" title is a great idea. You can sell the concept of preventitive service. Something that is not common in our biz. Now, it might be a hard sell, selling that idea to the home user. A person who will have a tough time parting with their money when everything is working well. But that idea is something very different.

The only critique I can offer is, IMHO, if you want to cater to more business customers you may need to give the logo a little more "edge". Add something to it, graphically, that says you are technology provider.

Again, I am not too concerned about catering to business customers. But we'll see what happens. I'll be in the Yellow Pages for all communities around Calgary, the commuter sites.

:)

ETA: I sent the RH sketch to the designer for his feedback. We'll see. Thanks!