PDA

View Full Version : Brandon and Layton updates

Laura's Babies
03-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Brandon has a crisis while I was gone, headaches and vomiting and left side of his face was paralyzed. He was rushed back to the hospital in Seattle. He had another brain bleed and it was only then did they tell them that was a side effect of the radiation. The radiation narrows the blood vessels and makes them weak and easier to bleed or something. Gee, why couldn't they have warned them that could happen so we wouldn't freak out! :rolleyes:

Sis told me tonight that Brandon researched his tumor on the Internet and read up on it while at Jessica's house one day. Jessica told them he cried for 3 hours over his fate. He knows this will not have a good outcome for him now.

I DO have some GOOD news to share. Brandon and Jessica are going to GET MARRIED!!! They are going to get married in July. I asked Sis why they are waiting and Jessica wants to wait until Layton is able to leave the hospital and is sure he will be home by then. Jessica has this picture on her My Space page as her perfect family, it was the day she finally got to hold Layton.
Jessica, Layton and Brandon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/BrandonJessicaandLayton.jpg

This picture is just SO sweet I had to snatch this one for you to see, I got tears in my eyes when I saw this one. Just look at his little hand! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/JessicaandLayton.jpg

He weighs THREE pounds now and is doing great! He is about 5 weeks old now I think.

Catty1
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
What a beautiful picture.:love:

I am so sad about Brandon's grief...I wish there was some way for a miracle to happen for him. From what you have said about him, though, I think he will put his energy into really LIVING.

The wedding is bound to be a huge celebration! I wish Jessica and Brandon all the joy possible!

That tiny little hand...oh my goodness. I am glad wee Layton is doing well.

Marigold2
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Wishing your lovely family many happy times and lots of blessings.

AdoreMyDogs
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Brandon's reaction to researching his tumor. That just breaks my heart. I do, also, hope for a miracle. The photos of Layton were just precious. He's so, so tiny. The little hand up by mommies face was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.

What wonderful news about the wedding! I'm so happy for Brandon and Jessica. What a celebration that will be!

Taz_Zoee
03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I got LES looking at both pictures. They really are a beautiful family. And Layton's wittle fingers are just too precious.

Medusa
03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
I swear, Laura, you must be able to pick up on my vibe because every time that I'm ready to ask about Brandon, you post about him. This is such a special and heartwarming story, the love story between Brandon and Jessica and the birth of Layton. Sigh. I, too, felt sad when I read about Brandon's reaction to the internet research but the pic of Layton touching Jessica's face replaced the sadness w/hope for me. I, for one, am going to set aside a special time every evening devoted just to Brandon and his healing. This young man deserves only the best in life and it appear that he has that w/Jessica and w/his family but we want it to last for as long as possible. God bless this boy and those whom he loves. :love:

sparks19
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
OH man my eyes are full of tears. What sweet photos. That sweet tiny little baby... what a blessing.

They do look like a very happy family. I'm glad he has found hapiness... Gives him something positive and wonderful to focus on.

My best wishes and prayers for their little family

Laura's Babies
03-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Medusa, maybe I did pick up your vibes :confused:. I just felt it was important that I post a update asap for some reason..

It is heartbreaking what he has been through already in his 22 years here on earth! The two other tumors on his brain as a child, then that horriable car wreck about 5 years ago that darn near killed him. He has had a life that no one would want and always bounced back stronger and happy to be alive. Sis said he still wants to go find a job as soon as he can, can't wait to go back to work although working has always been difficult for him because of the after effects of having those prior 2 tumors.. He just dosen't give up!

I do think that Jessica coming back to him and having Layton has motivated him beyond belief. Layton is as close to having a baby as he will ever get and you can see in the picture that he is just as proud of Layton as Jessica is..

He is on cheno now, Sis said they are going to double the dose in the next round and it is going to make him terriably sick. :( I think they are done with the raditation.

lvpets2002
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
:love: Yes Laura those pics are just BreathTaken & HeartWarming.. I am so sorry about Brandon not getting better.. Bless this Gent's Brave Soul & Heart.. However it is Great News of him & Jessica getting married.. Many Congrats for them.. God Bless the three of them.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

gini
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
LES here............you have my prayers for your family!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
This is sooooo heartbreaking............... cannot stop the tears flowing..... :(:(
Blees them all!!!:love:

cassiesmom
03-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Because I'm a nurse... I hope Brandon was researching his tumor on reputable sites and not on some of the ones my co-workers call "wacko quacko". I hope everything will come out right for this precious family.

NoahsMommy
03-28-2009, 05:31 PM
I hope Brandon was researching his tumor on reputable sites .
Ditto, ditto, ditto! I gave up reading most health-related sites that pertained to my illness online as well as stopped with the illness specific support groups I was in because they all became SO NEGATIVE. One thing everyone should remember about their health is that EVERYONE is different. We react to medications/treatments/etc differently. What may happen for one person may not happen for another. We tell all our patients not to look online unless its somewhere like www.webmd.com because they'll all end up terrifed, sad, etc. :( I *think* I am a good example of this...I think I am much more positive and happygolucky than most other people that have the type of illness that I have. I constantly conciously choose to react positively to all the things my illness has taken away from me. If surrounded by negativity, I couldn't be this way.

Anyway...
This family looks so precious. I will keep all three (and their support systems too!) in my thoughts and prayers. They deserve so much good and hope in their lives. I hope and pray that God helps them stand up against any negativity and keeps them strong and peace-filled. They so deserve it. May their July wedding be blessed and their marriage be strong and happy. May little Layton grow up to be strong and have a happy heart just like his daddy's.

:love: :love: Hugs, LOVE, and Prayers coming their/your way... :love: :love: