PDA

View Full Version : Zam the Hall Monitor

ramanth
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
So this morning I take the dogs out for their morning ritual.

When I come back in, Logan is sitting on the arm rest of the couch and so I let him go out into the hall for a minute to sniff around. Since he's so skittish, I simply clap my hands and he bolts back inside.

I head to the bedroom and start to watch last night's LOST. 5 minutes later, there is a loud knock on the door and the dogs go nuts.

I pause, not sure if I should throw a robe on, but then decide my flannel jammies will just have to do. As I get closer to the door, I hear Zam scratching and howling her fool head off. :eek:

She streaks past me as I open the door and a guy is standing there. He asks, "Is that your cat?" :o

LOL! (At least she knew which door WAS her's.) :p

I told him yes, and thank you, while the dogs love on him. I'm trying to wrangle the dogs back in but he tells me he loves dogs and they are okay.

He told me Zam was prowling the halls and crying but when he tried to pick her up, she ran back to our front door. He was worried about how freaked out she was.

He then notices the drum shells in the living room and asks if I play to which I tell him, no, my husband plays but the drums are set up at my sister's house.

He introduces himself as Peter and I reciprocate the greeting.

Nice guy. :)

Hopefully Zam will not door dart again anytime soon. She must of zipped out when I took the dogs out. :rolleyes:

I guess Zam figured I needed to meet some more neighbors.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/Fur%20Kids/IMG_2171.jpg

Moesha
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Awww, she's beautiful. I don't believe I've met her before. I'm glad she found her way home.

kitten645
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
So FUNNY! So Zam is your social secretary now? That photo made me LOL. I see her saying "WHAT?"
Claudia

ramanth
03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Zam will be 8 years old this year. I've had her since she was about a year or two old. She dislikes the flashy box, so photos are few and far between. And her antics are rare, but when they happen, oh boy! :rolleyes: :D

Laura's Babies
03-26-2009, 10:29 PM
LOL! (At least she knew which door WAS her's.)

I found that funny too and LOL! They think they want to get out until they get out there and go "OPPS! What have I DONE?":eek:

Cinder & Smoke
03-26-2009, 11:53 PM
... there is a loud knock on the door and the dogs go nuts.

I pause, not sure if I should throw a robe on,
but then decide my flannel jammies will just have to do.

She streaks past me as I open the door
and a guy is standing there...

I guess Zam figured I needed to meet some more neighbors.

:eek:
:o

Do you always do your *Meet 'n Greets* in your Flannel Jammies?

:D

Kinda begs the question:
WHAT does she wear for the Dawg Walks???

:love:

Medusa
03-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, that's a calico for ya, and a gorgeous one, too, I might add. Who dares to tell a calico what to do? :love:

catmandu
03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Not only a loyal Happy Cat, but an ice breaker with your neighbors as well.
Pouncer The First Cat ran into a fellows apartment one day.
:cool::cool::cool:
Thank God he was as cool as your New Friend.
:D:D:D
And Pouncer the First Cat and Superlative Mr Scrappy sat outside when the Lady next to me had a Dinner Party.
One of the Guests was Lincoln Alexander , a Member of Parliment in the 60s and 70s, and he jokingly asked if My Neighbor knew she had more guests.
He was so gracious nad he made them a plate and they returned home.
The Lady was embarrassed and I blocked off the balcony.
But they had pate and some Pheasant, so they knew what they were doing.
:love::love::love::love:

Sonia59
03-27-2009, 09:49 AM
This is a kind neighbor Zam has found on her way!

She is a beauty. I am glad she was back home safe. :)

ChrisH
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Zam, you silly gorgeous girl you.:D Great picture Kimmy!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
What a gorgeous secretary you have!!!

RedHedd
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
:love: Zam!

Killearn Kitties
03-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Zam, you wee devil! Did you just run away to attract some attention? :D It is waaaaay too long since we have seen you, gorgeous.

cassiesmom
03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Zam, you are a very beautiful hall monitor / social secretary! I'm sorry you don't like the camera because it definitely likes you. No more door darting, please... is there any chance you can monitor the door from just inside?

An admirer,
Elyse

rg_girlca
03-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh Zam, I hope you were scared enough to not dart out the door like that again. You were lucky that you met up with a nice neighbour.

It's too bad that Zam hates the flashy box, because she is absolutely one GORGEOUS girl and I would love to see more pictures of her.

Barbara
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Zam I know why you did this- you wanted your mom to show your picture to us- as we missed you a long time.
Plus you wanted to introduce this nice neighbor ;)
Well done!

moosmom
03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Zam, you are SOOO beautiful, I've used your picture as my background.