PDA

View Full Version : Visa's surgery is today!!!

wolfsoul
03-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Visa is getting AIed at the vet today! I'm so worried we're going to be one day late with this. I think it should have been done yesterday morning, but instead they want to do it this evening. I've already spent alot of money on this, and it's my only chance to breed her to Cory. I'm going to be so dissapointed if it doesn't work out. Wish her lots of luck!

beeniesmom
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Good thoughts for a lot of healthy puppies coming your way. :)

Husky_mom
03-26-2009, 12:10 PM
YAY!!!.. best of luck and timing... we also expect many many puppies.. ;)

Karen
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Good luck, pretty girl!

scrain2329
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
good luck good luck goooooooood luck!!!!!:love:

positive thoughts and best wishes!

CountryWolf07
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Good luck!

Daisy and Delilah
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Best wishes to Visa and you too Mom. I so hope she gets pregnant so we can see some of those adorable puppies. C'mon girl, do us happy and proud!!:)

Kater
03-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Here's hoping Visa can be a Mommy again soon!
Sending good fertility vibes. :D

wolfsoul
03-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone!!

The vet just called me, the surgery went totally textbook perfect. The semen looked fantastic, the implants went well, and Visa is waking up now. Hopefully she is going to be a momma!

Kater
03-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone!!

The vet just called me, the surgery went totally textbook perfect. The semen looked fantastic, the implants went well, and Visa is waking up now. Hopefully she is going to be a momma!

Glad to hear it!
I was curious that you called it surgery and now have implied that she was anesthetized. Is that very common? I've only worked at one vet clinic and we did AI rarely, but we never anesthetized the dogs.
(I'm not being critical at all, just curious!)

aTailOf2Kitties
03-27-2009, 07:20 AM
same thing with my vet. Just a long tube of semen and playing wheelbarrel with the female for a few minutes afterward. Although that was a fresh sample. Maybe if the sample is chilled and the little guys aren't very mobile yet, it's easier just to stick the whole wad in place under anesthesia for maximum contact?

Husky_mom
03-27-2009, 11:21 AM
now buddies grab on!!... here´s hoping to many fertilized eggies...

wolfsoul
03-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Glad to hear it!
I was curious that you called it surgery and now have implied that she was anesthetized. Is that very common? I've only worked at one vet clinic and we did AI rarely, but we never anesthetized the dogs.
(I'm not being critical at all, just curious!)

Yup, she had a surgical AI. :) They are very common. They provide the highest chance of conception and are always the best option for frozen semen. For all of the money I've spent, and the precious semen I used (there isn't much left where that came from since the stud died 5 years ago), I'm not takin any chances!! lol.

Visa has been sleeping all day, she's pooped! The last time she was this relaxed was when she got a tooth removed. Surgery sure wears them out!

Kater
03-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Yup, she had a surgical AI. :) They are very common. They provide the highest chance of conception and are always the best option for frozen semen. For all of the money I've spent, and the precious semen I used (there isn't much left where that came from since the stud died 5 years ago), I'm not takin any chances!! lol.

Thanks for the info! We never worked with frozen semen, so that makes a lot of sense. :)

Glad she's all pooped out - gives you a short break! ;)