PDA

View Full Version : Crap

Sirrahsim
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I woke up this morning to find a freezer full of thawed food and a fridge full of slightly cooler than room temperature food:mad::mad::( I put in a work order so hopefully the repair man will be by sometime this morning.
In the meantime I am throwing away an upsetting amount of money worth of spoiled food. Thank heaven for renters insurance. They should pay to replace it all.

Cookiebaker
03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Oh Missy, that's terrible! And the price of food these days is exhorbitant (sp?) Good thing for insurance!

prechrswife
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh, no! What an awful way to start a day!:(

Sirrahsim
03-26-2009, 09:34 AM
dude, they're done. It's fixed and it didn't cost a penny :DI love being military

caseysmom
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Maybe they will give you the food money back? Can you save anything? I always worry about that after I do a bunch of shopping...

aTailOf2Kitties
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
My fridge was acting up a few weeks ago. Milk went bad, because the temp wasa juuuuuuuust below normal....yuck! Fixed it and now I keep a thermometer in there on the shelf so I can keep an eye on things. I have a deep freeze just in case, but I guess I need to invest in a mini-fridge too. Most of our appliances were given to us by family and you never know when they're gonna go!

lvpets2002
03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
:)Well glad all is fixed now.. Yup I had to finally replace my refrig this past summer.. Hey my other one was only 23 yrs old & only cost $175.00 brand new.. Now my new refrig was lots more than that, but I got the silver & black look this time..

smokey the elder
03-26-2009, 01:01 PM
My fridge in my apartment died in 1991 while we were in DC. Our landlady got it fixed right away, and took something off the next month's rent. Good landlords are priceless!

Karen
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Call everyone you know, and offer them the thawed food for tonight's dinner, as long as it was still cool to the touch. Ya cannot refreeze it safely, but you can cook it and eat it, in the case of meats and fish. Ice cream, well, you're outta luck! Been there, done that.

lvpets2002
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Call everyone you know, and offer them the thawed food for tonight's dinner, as long as it was still cool to the touch. Ya cannot refreeze it safely, but you can cook it and eat it, in the case of meats and fish. Ice cream, well, you're outta luck! Been there, done that.

:) Yup just have a Bigg Frig Out Party & invite all the neighbors over.. That would be fun.. Just a idea..

Marigold2
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
So sorry to hear about the fridge. Same thing happened to me years ago. Hubby and I then had to go out and buy a new one. An unexpected expense we did not need. I would love a new fridge, the one I have now is just too small. We didn't think we would need a monster when we were down to one kid but since we eat a lot of veggies and fruits I like a lot of room.

Medusa
03-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Have a cook-a-thon and pass the meals out to your friends and neighbors. It'll make you feel good and it won't be a total loss. Glad your fridge is fixed and for free. :)

Marigold2
03-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Have a cook-a-thon and pass the meals out to your friends and neighbors. It'll make you feel good and it won't be a total loss. Glad your fridge is fixed and for free. :)

Oh Mary what a great idea. Parttty