PDA

View Full Version : Slipped and fell at work today...

moosmom
03-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I went into work today to earn some extra money. I slipped on a piece of toule (it's what bridal veils are made of) and landed on my butt REAL hard. Because I had a cyst on my tailbone when I was born (it was removed at birth), my tailbone is VERY close to the surface of my skin. I had 6 customers rush over to help. After all the Worker's Comp paperwork was completed, my manager drove me to the doctor. Dr. Ed told me I bruised my coccyx and to put ice and then heat on it. He gave me something for pain. It can't work fast enough.

I can't go back to work till Monday. So I'm now sitting in my jammies worrying how I'm gonna make up the money I would've made had I worked a full shift today and Saturday.

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Catty1
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
DONNA - HUGS! I hope maybe Worker's Comp can give you something to help make up the pay - that's what they are there for.

I HOPE the painkillers kick in soon. And I hope one of your furbabies is a good nurse, and will keep an eye on you.

I hope you feel better very very soon. :love::love::love:

catnapper
03-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Gentle butt-avoiding (((hugs)))

I would hope the missing shift would be covered with workers comp insurance.

Karen
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Awww, hope you feel all better soon, Donna! Maybe decorate some more frames to occupy your mind and hands?

Medusa
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Jeez Donna, you and I make quite a pair. I fell twice this week at home while I was rejuvenating my wood floors. No workers comp for me, though, unless the Fur Posse wants to pitch in. Listen girl, stay in your jammies and just chill and try not to worry about making up the money. I know, easy for me to say but I stayed in my jammies, too, because it hurts too much to do anything else. Take care of yourself, woman! :)

ETA: I seem to recall the same thing happening not too long ago; you and I had fall coinciding each other, remember?

caseysmom
03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Your job should pay you for those days ...is there sick leave? You got hurt on the job...

davidpizzica
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh sweetheart! Here's a bunch of gentle {{{{HUgs{{{{ to you. I'm so sorry to hear about this.Maybe sometime we both can be healthy at the same time!

Daisy and Delilah
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry, Donna!! I know how slippery toule is. It's like stepping on ice. Try to get some rest and not worry about anything but getting better. I know it hurts!!:(

K9karen
03-25-2009, 11:07 PM
It goes against my nature, but in your case, girlfriend, allow me to kiss your butt. I'm so sorry, Donna. Please take it easy so you can go back to work. :love:

ChrisH
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Hope you are feeling better very soon, Donna. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/rub.gif

lvpets2002
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
:( Oh my my Ouchy Ouchy Bun Buns.. Take care & I hope the sourness goes away soon & you feel better..

cassiesmom
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
((((hugs)))) for Moosmom...

:love:
elyse

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:9crijJDAUFrW3M::www.sl-designs.com/images/free-backgrounds/smiley-hug3_sl-designs.jpg

AdoreMyDogs
03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Big hugs to ya, Donna. I hope you get to feeling better. I know that sounds very painful, you poor thing :(

moosmom
03-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Leslie,

It's very sore (with the meds I'm on it makes me not care) and oh so colorful. I'd take a picture of it but this is a family website.