PDA

View Full Version : Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Bad surprise for me when I came home from work: My entire place was full of puke (the cleaning was no fun at all). Must have started soon after breakfast this morning (all the food came out), and it still lasted this evening when I came home. Now clear liquid only, and some grass... Luna cried and howled from pain and nausea. :(

Of course she went to the vet immediately, mommy already in panic. Her belly was soft, mucous membranes pink, so my vet thinks it's just gastroenteritis (but Luna's stool last night was normal) and gave her two shots. I also got electrolytes which I'm supposed to give her in an hour, and another med to calm down her stomach.

I have to watch her closely, because if the vomiting continues, I need to bring her back to the vet tomorrow in the morning (no idea how to get off from work, but I have to manage somehow, if necessary). Even when the puking stops during the night, my vet wants to see her again, but in that case, tomorrow after work will be early enough.

I'm very worried that it may be something serious, a blockage, kidney failure or a viral infection. Please say some prayers for Luna and keep her in your thoughts!

Kirsten

Coda'sMommy
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Just lit a candle for Luna. I hope she gets to feeling better A.S.A.P.!!

emily_the_spoiled
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Having been through many kidney problems over the years, she doesn't sound like she has them (they usually involve lots of inappropriate peeing :rolleyes:).

I hope that Luna feels better (and Mom) very very soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Lots of prayers on the way for you and sweet Luna from me!!! :love:

katladyd
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I am praying for Luna. I hope she is okay!

happylabs
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
I hope she is okay. Saying prayers for you. I just clicked on her photo and found your web page for her. I never realized how much she looks like my Kit-Kat that went to the Rainbow Bridge several years ago. I just love the brown tabbies. She is a beautiful cat.

ninnu
03-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I hope she's ok, keeping my fingers crossed.

Our Felix's kidneys are failing and we found out exactly this same way, he puked 15 times in an hour.

pomtzu
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Get better quick Luna. Your Meowmie is very worried about you.

Prayers that she is on her way to recovery as you read this.

Randi
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh no, poor Luna - and you must be beside yourself with worry. :( I hope the medicine she got will help, and you can both get a good rest!

Please keep us updated.

Sending lots of positive thoughts!

(((Hugs)))

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank you everyone for your prayers! She needs them, that's for sure. Threw up several times since we came back from the vet.

The first time she vomited after the vet visit, dry food came out, she must have stolen it from the kitchen and I didn't notice (Lily had opened the sliding door). Of course the food came out immediately, and the two times following, it was clear liquid again.

Unfortunately, it turned out I'm not able to give her her meds in a syringe. She was fighting teribbly when she saw the syringe (she must have thought she's was going to get an injection), and left me with my hands bloody and full of wounds. Usually she's so good with meds (pills), but the syringe doesn't work. :(

She seems to be hungry, begging for food all the time. But she's not allowed to eat at this point, she wouldn't keep it down. Looks like I won't get much sleep tonight.

Kirsten

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh no, she just puked again - and cried before she did it. :(

Now she's puking another time. I'm so scared!! :( My Katz was like that before I lost her! :(

Kirsten

Karen
03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Prayers on the way for lovely Luna!

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
We're going back to the vet's. :(

Kirsten

Randi
03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Has she been drinking? Could it be that she ate something poisonous during the day? I know you have a list of poisonous plants, but I also know you are careful. :)

Any Emergency vet you could call and ask what to do? A tranquilizer like 5 mg of Valium would probably do your both good. ;)

More good thoughts coming from Fister and me. :love:

Catty1
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Many many prayers for poor Luna! Let the vet give you your meds, sweetie! You'll feel better. :love:

Prayers going out to you also, Kirsten. :love:

orangemm
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Lots of prayers going up for sweet Luna, Kirsten.:(:(:love::love:

Poor girl, she must be miserable and frightened; poor meowmie, I know you are FRANTIC. Please keep us posted as to her condition and what the vet says.

((((hugs))))

wolflady
03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh no! :( Prayers on the way for you and Luna. I can imagine how scared you both must be. I certainly hope the vet can help her feel better!

**hugs**

katladyd
03-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Please keep us updated. We all love Luna!

Medusa
03-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to read about Luna's illness. Vomiting so often is scary because they can become dehydrated so quickly. Prayers going up that Luna will be able to get over this quickly. (((HUGS))) to you, Kirsten. :love:

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
We're back. It's almost 9:30 pm here. Luna got more shots, electrolytes, and anti-emetics against the vomiting and nausea, and she's slightly sedated to calm her down.

If she's not getting better during the night, I'm supposed to bring her in tomorrow before work. She will stay the day at the vet's office and will have all the tests done - xrays, bloodwork, etc... I better do not think about the bill! :eek: But the most important thing is that my girl will be better!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support!

Kirsten

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Sending you some PT prayers!

catmandu
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh No not Our Dear Luna.:eek:
We are PRAYING HARD for your Dear Little One Kirsten that its just something that she ate, and not a sign of something serious.
Please keep us updated.
Its such a terrible feeling when Our Loved Ones are not well, we feel so frustrated and helpless.
Prayers for Luna are coming via the Animal Angel Army
:love::love::love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I am glad you were able to take her back to the vet and they gave her something for tonight. I hope that she gets better soon...prayers

Kirsten
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I thank you all so much!

Will go to bed now (Luna wants to be where I am all the time now), and I think the bed is the best place for her. She's crying loudly when I'm not with her.

Lily btw is sitting on the window sill, paralized with fear. As always when Luna is sedated, Lily doesn't recognize her and is hissing and growling. Right now, she even hissed at me, that's how confused she is.

Kirsten

Moesha
03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh dear! What a traumatic afternoon/evening for you and Luna. I sure hope she has a good night and feels better in the morning. Please update us when you get up.

phesina
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh, I am so sorry, Kirsten. We are saying prayers that this is something that can be fixed without much trouble and that Luna (and Lily and you) will be well.

Pat and cats

astrid
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
My prayers for little Luna, I hope she gets better soon:(
Big hugs for you, Kirsten!!!

DJFyrewolf36
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
My prayers are with Luna and you! Hopefully its nothing serious and some rest and meds will fix her right up.

*HUGS* to you!

kb2yjx
03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Kirsten, I am a little late in reading your thread about Luna!!! I will say prayers for you both and light a candle for a speedy recovery!!!

jenluckenbach
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Many Many prayers for Luna.

Grace
03-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Saying prayers and lighting candles for all of you.

cassiesmom
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Prayers for Kirsten, Luna and Lily.

Taz_Zoee
03-25-2009, 07:43 PM
I am hoping Luna gets better here soon and that its nothing serious. I know how scary it is when they are so sick. :(

Catlady711
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
I hope Luna gets to feeling better very soon and that Lilly will 'recognize' her again and give her some kitty kisses.

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that it's nothing serious and that she'll start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Barbara
03-26-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear Luna is sick. Poor little girl and poor you. Hope the night was not too bad.

Kirsten
03-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Thank you everyone for your support, your prayers and for lighting candles for her.

We had a horrible night. The puking stopped after the second vet visit - thanks to the antiemetics, I guess, but she reacted absolutely psychotic to the sedative (not the first time that this happened). It did not calm her down at all, she acted aggressive, cried, tore my bed linen apart, lifted the edge of the carpet and let it fall back - she did everything she could to make as much noise as possible. Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all, and had to take a day off from work - luckily my boss agreed to that.

She will go back to the vet this afternoon. Since the vomiting has stopped, she doesn't have to spend the day there, but my vet would like to see her again. I'm a bit worried because I just spoke to a friend and she said she believes it's kidney failure, and told me to be prepared that I'm going to lose her. :( I hope she's not right.

Luna's still acting aggressive; she wants to be with me, but when she is, she attacks me. She's so not herself!! I hope it's just the side-effects of the meds, and doesn't mean that she's in pain. She seems to be very hungry, is begging for food all the time. I gave her some Hill's i/d, and she kept it down, so I guess that's a good sign.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Gee Kristen. I just got home and this is my first visit to PT in 28 days! I saw this thread and this is the first one I have looked at.. I am so distressed that our beautiful Luna is having such a hard time. I HATE hearing this.. Prayers are already being sent for Miss Lovely Luna and all fingers & paws crossed that she recovers and gets back to herself..

Our Lovely Luna, we are sad to hear you are not well. You have your fan club here pulling and praying for you to get over this horriable sickness and we get to see your lovely pictures here happy and well again real soon. :love:

ChrisH
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Big prayers on the way for you beautiful Luna.

Pinot's Mom
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm sorry, I'm late on this as well, haven't been on since yesterday earlier.
Kirsten prayers are going out for you and Luna (and Lily, too) - please let us know - I do hope everything's going to straighten out! :love:

Sonia59
03-26-2009, 08:27 AM
I just read the thread. I hope Luna will get better soon and you will find what she has. Hugs to you.

GILL
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
The CREW is sending thier prayers and we hope that Luna feels better soon.

3Catcondo
03-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Prayers for Luna and Kirsten coming from me and my fur crew, Luna, get well soon and calm down so your momma can get some rest. :p

Hugs Kirsten that this is something curable and will be gone soon. :love:

Barbara
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear that. I don't believe it's kidney failure. A kidney failure that would be final doesn't come just like this-not with a meowmie like you who gets regular check-ups for the kits.
And a cat in final kidney failure will NOT kill your carpet and be up all night in an aggressive way. (So you may take that as postive sign although it hardly is).
I hope the poor girl begins to be better. And that you can relax a bit too.

Catty1
03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Thank goodness she kept some food down - meds act even more on a kitty (and human) with nothing in the tummy.

I am so sorry you had a bad night! Hopefully dear Luna is on the mend now, and you both will feel better soon! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry that you had such a horrible night.:( I'm glad to hear that she's kept some food down and hopefully she'll become her sweet self again soon. Good luck at the vet today.

gini
03-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Bless her heart - and yours! I hope you have much better news for us soon.

Take good care of yourself too!

astrid
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear you spent a terrible night with Luna:(
I hope she's feeling better; please keep the faith!!!
Big hugs.

Anikaca77
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
My prays for Luna. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post my prays sooner.

Melissa

Kirsten
03-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank you everyone! I really hope this night will be better! Have to go back to work tomorrow and I do not function without any sleep!

This afternoon, I took her back to the vet's for another check. Her tummy is still soft, her temperature is normal, and her heart sounds fine. She's still under the influence of the meds she got, looks really drugged. We were able to draw blood from her (to check her kidneys, liver, and thyroid) without another sedation. She was such a good girl! Will get the results on Monday, and I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of renal failure.

The situation at home is still the same. A lot of growling and hissing between Luna and Lily; I know from former experiences that it will take a couple of days before things will be back to normal.

I just hope she won't have a relapse. It's now 24 hours ago that she puked the last time, and she seems to be very hungry. She's begging for food all the time and so far, she kept down what she ate.

And she wants to be with mommy all the time. After the vet visit, I fell asleep because I was really tired and miserable after that sleepless night, and she curled up next to me and slept, too.

Kirsten

orangemm
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Here's hoping Luna won't vomit anymore. I know, it's frightening; we just went through this with Binky. After a couple of vet visits it was found that he has IBD, so we have to give him meds, plus feed him small meals more frequently.

It's good that she hasn't had an episode for 24 hours, let's hope it continues.

Hugs and prayers for both of you!:):love::):love:

smokey the elder
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Aww, poor Luna! I hope you can get her sorted out.

Sonia59
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope the results will be good and that there will be nothing more to worry about. Luna seems better this evening. Crossing paws that you all have a good night.

LionHart
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Kirsten,

Sending thoughts and prayers for all 3 of you. I know how upsetting it can be.

God Bless....

cassiesmom
03-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I hope the results will be good and that there will be nothing more to worry about. Crossing paws that you all have a good night.

That goes for me, too.

rg_girlca
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Prayers and positive vibes on the way for precious Luna that it isn't anything serious and that she feels better real soon.

My oldest son's cat went through this years ago and the vet said he had some kind of virus. He was put on medication and was back to himself within a few days. Being indoor only cats, the vet said that my son or his girlfriend could have brought it in if they were touching another cat with the virus.
That's why whenever I pet a cat from outside, I always go straight into the bathroom and wash my hands and then put on some hand sanitizer before I do anything else.

I'm praying that whatever is wrong with Luna, that it could easily be remedied with some medication.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Kirsten as I know how worried you must be.

kb2yjx
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Kirsten, I am glad to hear that Luna is keeping down some food.... and that she is LOVING her MOM!!! I will light another candle for you both!!!!

snowbelle15
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Aww, poor Luna! Hope she feels better. Prayers for you both. :love:

Emeraldgreen
03-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Kirsten, I'm so sorry that Luna is feeling so terrible :( but it is encouraging that she has managed to keep down her food and hasn't thrown up for 24 hours. Prayers that she has turned the corner and will get better each day.
My cat Sneakers had a similar thing a few years ago. She vomitted everywhere for a day and I raced her into the vet. She was hypothermic at that point. They did every test under the sun (xrays, ultrasound, bloodwork, urinalysis) including exploratory surgery to look inside her bladder! They never did find out what it was but they put her on IV fluids and ran antibiotics through the iv lines for a few days and she just got better and better. We have no idea what happened and neither do the vets. That was 4 or 5 years ago and she is still in good health.
I'm praying that Luna is dealing with something similar that will pass. I wonder if she wouldn't do well with some antibiotics though if she doesn't get better in a few days.

kitten645
03-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope Luna is 100% very soon. Sounds like you are doing everything possible for her. What a great meowmie! :love:

Sometimes people baffle me (well most of the time,truth be told!) Why would anyone tell someone to expect the worse when a furkid is ill? How does this help at all? I'm pretty sure they don't have a vets degree?:rolleyes::mad: No qualified vet would even guess what was wrong without examining the patient. Your "friend" should keep their two-bit opinions to themselves and be supportive and wishing you and Luna the best. Oi vey!

Alll fingers and paws crossed in California that this is just a passing icky.
xxxooo
Claudia, Calvin & Hobbes

momcat
03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh Kirsten, I'm just seeing this now and can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Luna. Many prayers are being prayed that the problem isn't serious and your vet can get things cleared up and back to normal very soon. I'm sending Luna very gentle get well lovies :love: :love: :love: :love:

Poor Lily must be quite confused and a bit frightened with all that has happened in recent days. Could I ask you to give her some comforting lovies from me?

Many [[[[[HUGS]]]]] are being sent for you!

Try not to worry and please keep us updated?

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Continued prayers on the way!

Kirsten
03-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Just a brief update: Unfortunately, she started puking again this morning, now every couple of minutes. :( :( :( She's eating a lot of grass. The weird thing is, she's begging for food, seems to be very hungry. BTW, she did not poop since this started.

Wonder if it's outrageous to call my vet this morning at 7:30 am. Her office hours start at 9. But I would like to bring her in and leave her at the vet's office while I'm at work. Cannot leave her alone at home in this state!

She's loving and purring and always wants to be with me, but I just have to go back to work today, even though I'm feeling ill myself.

Think I will call my vet now. :o

Edit: Just talked to her. Will bring her to her office now where she has to stay the day. More tests will be done (xray etc.). I'm so worried! :(

Kirsten

Zippy
03-27-2009, 02:03 AM
So sorry to hear beautiful Luna is sick:(
Sending Prayers and Vibes Luna and your way

Barbara
03-27-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. I rather would go with the virus theory- it just doesn't sound like renal failure.
Hope they can help her at the vet's.
Paws crossed for both of you.

Medusa
03-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Poor little girl, I do hope that your vet can get to the bottom of this soon. It's so stressful for you, Kirsten. We want Luna to feel better now! :love:

Sonia59
03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
It's strange indeed that she looks hungry. Could it be that she ate something she should not have? I hope the vet finds something. You did the best by bringing her to the vet for the day.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I haven't been on PT for 3 days, so I just saw this thread about poor Luna..

Oh no Kirsten, I sure hope your vet finds the cause of all this trouble AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!! You must be so scared.....:( . I will keep her in my prayers, she MUST get better!!

HUGS:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
((((HUGS))))) Get better soon Luna! :love:

Kirsten
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Thank you very much for all the get well wishes! (((HUGS)))

She's home now, still in her carrier because she's dizzy, but she seems to be well.

The xray shot showed that she was extremely constipated (even though she pooped every day), her colon was full of dried stool. It was so full that the contrast dye remained in her stomach (guess the same happened to her food, until it took the wrong way to come out again). But no blockage or tumor has been found, and all her organs looked fine. The ultrasound didn't show anything either.

She got an enema (clyster), and according to my vet, it's been a lot of poop that came out. In the end, the contrast medium came out, which is a good sign, because it has now easily passed her intestines (as soon as they were emptied). Another xray shot showed that she's completely empty now.

My vet thinks that this full, constipated colon might have been the cause of the vomiting. But of course we still have to wait for the results of the blood test.

Anyway, I hope she will soon recover and be back to her old self. I had really no idea that she had these problems with her digestion! :o The vet recommened for her to lose weight, and to change her diet (which will be complicated because she needs to eat the struvite crystal diet, and that makes her obese :rolleyes: ).

Again, thanks a lot for keeping my Luna in your thoughts and prayers!! It means a lot to me to know that she is loved by so many! :love:

Kirsten

Randi
03-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear Luna started puking again, both you and her must be exhausted. :( It's a relief that she can stay at the vets all day and I hope they'll find out what causing this and treat her for it.

Hugs and positive thoughts from me and Fister. :)

astrid
03-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the update!! Thank God it's nothing serious, I'm still praying the blood test comes OK.
Big hugs for you and please give Luna a kiss from me:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Kirsten, I'm glad to hear that Luna is home now and that the vet was able to help her. When I was reading that she was still vomiting this morning, I was going to say that maybe she's constipated. My RB Pepper became very sick one time and it was also due to being constipated. He was also very overweight. Later I noticed that he had a relapse so I brought him in and he had to have another enema. He was then put on Lactulose which he got daily and this solved his problem. If this continues to happen to Luna, you should ask your vet about possibly adding this to Luna's diet. I hope that her bloodwork will come back fine. She's still in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

pomtzu
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Luna is home and doing better. When I read your post about "no poop", I thought about a blockage or constipation too. Glad to hear that it was the lesser of the two evils. Here's hoping she continues to do well! :)

Pinot's Mom
03-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Kirsten, I'm sure she'll be feeling much better now; you can imagine how awful that was for her. Prayers the bloodwork will be normal (of course it will) and Luna will be back to herself shortly. :love:

Catty1
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Thank goodness, Kirsten - this might be all it is!

Is there a wet struvite crystal food that you could mix with some warm water to help keep Luna regular?

Or - a diet/fibre dry food you could mix half and half with her crystal dry food?

My own vet is overjoyed that both my cats will eat the no-grain dry food - apparently it keeps the cat's urine at the right pH so they don't develop crystals. But ask your vet about that.

The great thing too is that on the no-grain food, my boys are leaner and more energetic - and they eat less of the food!

Here are some links that with info you can mention to your vet:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090105040119AAU2sZm

Very good info here on what to look for on a cat food label:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Five-Cat-Food-Factors-That-Discourage-Feline-UTD&id=27939

Very good info here too:
http://www.greenlittlecat.com/?p=56

There are more sites if you Google "cat food and struvite crystals". All the sites I looked at mentioned high protein as preventing the struvite crystals. The crystals themselves are diet-related, say some.

Hugs to poor Luna! Hope she and Mommy are better and getting some rest!:love:

Anikaca77
03-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm so glad that Luna was able to pass her stool. I hope that was the reason for her throwing up. My prays are with you.

Melissa

Medusa
03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Ok, my RB Puddy had a blocked colon, too, filled w/feces and my vet kept pressing on her abdomen to help to get it all out. She finally went in for surgery but not for that and he cleaned her all out while she was in there. After that, he told me to sprinkle Forti Flora, a probiotic, onto her food and she never had that problem again. I'm so glad that your vet was able to figure everything out and, hopefully, Luna will be herself in no time. :love: I hope you get some rest now. (((HUGS)))

smokey the elder
03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Poor Luna! She was so full of poop that the food had nowhere to go. Do you have the oily hairball medicine over there? That's basically a mild laxative.

catmandu
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
We are glad that at least you know whats bothering Little Luna,
and that theres a solution where she can get back to normal.
And please dont blame yourself Kirsten, as Cats never tell you you where it hurts , and constipation is the last thing people expect thier Cats to have.
:eek::eek:
We are so relieved that Pretty Luna will be well SOON!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

LionHart
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I am SO gald to hear that there was no blockage or tumor. That was my first fear when I read about Luna. My Sylvester (RIP) had the same symptons but the news wasn't as good as yours. I'm sure Luna will be back to her old self in no time. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to you all. Now get some rest, all of you!:)

Lori Be...

Barbara
03-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Poor Luna- I am glad she got rid of all that stuff. I hope you find a diet for her that's good for her and that she likes.

Karen
03-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Is canned pumpkin available in Germany? Try mixing a little of that in with her food, that often helps keep things moving ... if she will eat it, anyway!

I am so glad it may be just this simple problem, and that all her organs looked good!

Feel better, pretty girl!

columbine
03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
My own vet is overjoyed that both my cats will eat the no-grain dry food - apparently it keeps the cat's urine at the right pH so they don't develop crystals. But ask your vet about that.

Wow! I'm definitely happy to hear that, as I had to take Smudge off of his prescription anti-crystal food because he was too allergic to grain. He's still getting Cosequin, which should help protect his urinary tract (and his joints; so far no trouble but he is 13 years old).

I'm glad Luna's feeling better! I agree that canned pumpkin or squash could help, or even a little psyllium (it's a common human fiber supplement) and a bit of extra water mixed into canned food. Poor sweetie, no wonder she was feeling ill!

Love, Columbine

momcat
03-27-2009, 09:24 PM
No wonder your poor little sweetheart was feeling so terrible! I'm thrilled to know your vet was able to unclog her plumbing and hopefully resolve the problem. How is Luna feeling now? And how is Meowmie feeling now? Prayers continue to be prayed for the worst of this to be over and all lab results show nothing at all out of the ordinary.

Groucho sends get better purrs and headbumpies to his friend Luna as well as comforting purrs and kitty huggies to you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Please give lots of scritchies and lovies to Luna and Lily from me?

[[[[[HUGS]]]]]

Moesha
03-27-2009, 09:26 PM
I sure hope that is all that it was. Even though that is a serious enough problem. Keep us posted.

phesina
03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Dear Kirsten, I am so glad to know that Luna is home cleaned out and feeling much better. Praying for good results from the lab work, and candles are burning.

Kirsten
03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Well, unfortunately, the constipation seemed not to have been the cause! :( This morning at 6, the puking started again, 6 or 7 times so far. She seems to be very nauseaus; is eating grass and throws it up again. She slept in my bed last night, but now she's restless.

I'm beginning to fear that my friend was right by saying I'm going to lose her! :( :( :( I've been through many things with cats in my life, but never experienced such an extreme vomiting that lasted for so many days! :(

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-28-2009, 04:26 AM
Oh no...... first I was happy because of the good news!! But then I saw your last post....:(:(
Please dear Luna, hang in there, we are all cheering for you!!:love:

Medusa
03-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Oh dear, not again. Somehow your vet has got to stop Luna's vomiting. Forgive me for not reading back to find out but has she had any subQ treatments? When my RB Puddy would vomit repeatedly, subQ treatments usually did the trick. Prayers still continuing......:love:

Kirsten
03-28-2009, 06:30 AM
I called my vet earlier today (I better do not think about vet bills at this point! :eek:) and I will get some antiemetic pills for Luna. She doesn't look dehydrated which is a good thing. For the time being, the vomiting has stopped, she drank some water and kept it down, and she's begging for food. But that has to wait until I have the antiemetics here.

She's in my lap right now and purrs.

And no, so far, she did not have any subq's. But she got electrolytes two days ago.

Kirsten

Medusa
03-28-2009, 06:36 AM
You know how to do the skin test on her, right? Gently pull her skin up and if it snaps back right away, she isn't dehydrated but if it stays that way, she is. Sometimes they don't appear to be dehydrated but they are. I can't imagine that she's vomited so much and isn't but you're there w/her and I'm not, so you know better. Sweet little Luna, I wish we could figure out what's wrong. :love:

Kirsten
03-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Just tried this skin test and she didn't like it at all (LOL), but it seems like her skin snapped back right away, even though it's hard to tell with her thick fur. I imagine - since there were always long periods without vomiting the last three days - that she was able to drink enough. She also drank an hour ago and kept it down so far.

Kirsten

ChrisH
03-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Poor Luna & poor you. :( Prayers continuing.

cassiesmom
03-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Get better soon, dear Luna!

phesina
03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh, Luna, you poor girl! Prayers that this mystery will be solved soon and she will be feeling better and back to good health.

rg_girlca
03-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh gosh Kirsten I was praying that once Luna got emptied out that she would be on the road to recovery. I was so sad to read that she is vomiting again. Poor sweet baby and poor you & Lily.

Prayers on the way, that the vets can solve this and that Luna will have many more years with you.

Kisses for Luna and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you Kirsten.

Kirsten
03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much your support means to me!

My vet has just called, she got the results from the lab. The kidneys are fine, but one liver enzyme (GOT) is slightly increased. My vet told me not to worry too much about this since this often happens when something's wrong with the stomach.

Luna did not throw up during the day, she ate a bit and rested a lot. The last hours she spent next to the computer monitor which is one of her favourite places, and she's looking more relaxed. Hope she won't start puking again during the night (which she did the last three nights).

Kirsten

orangemm
03-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm so sorry, Kirsten, that Luna continues to be sick. All of us have experienced this at one time or another and it's not easy, in fact it wears you and your kitty out.:(

We're all hoping and praying that you two get a good night's rest with no vomiting episodes.

(((hugs))) for you and gentle scritches for Luna..............:love::love:

Barbara
03-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Liver levels are always worse when there is an infection. So I hope that's what it is and Luna will be fine. :)

Karen
03-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry she is still not feeling well, I hope she improves soon, and that you all have a peaceful night.

katladyd
03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm sending powerful get well soon wishes to the lovely Luna. I hope you and your mommy get a good night's sleep tonight!

jenluckenbach
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Still praying for Luna.

Taz_Zoee
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh no, poor Luna and poor you!! I have a mystery illness going on right now with Taz, so I know how stressful and worrisome it is.

I hope things will be resolved for you and Luna's throwing up stops soon.

catnapper
03-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh my goodness! I just now saw this! I will send lotsof get well prayers for your sweetie

Vermontcat
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm so sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
I'm sorry to hear that Luna has been very sick and has been throwing up a lot.:(
I hope your vet can help her feel better soon.
Sending hugs your way.

Pinot's Mom
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Continuing prayers...nothing more I can say...:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear that Luna's still vomiting.:( Did your vet say anything about fasting her to help give her tummy a rest? I sure hope that she'll start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

CultureJunky
03-29-2009, 05:45 AM
How is Luna now? I hope you're starting to feel better Luna, have you eaten something you shouldn't have? I hope your bad stomach starts to get better soon, I'm thinking of you.

Kirsten
03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Thank you everyone for keeping Luna in your thoughts!

She's not doing well today. She vomited again this morning (it's always in the morning), but it was just hair that came up (she cleaned herself a lot yesterday). She kept her food down.

To prevent further vomiting, I gave her some vetranquil (antiemetic), but as it seems, that has been the substance that made her so psychotic the other night. Again, she started acting restless and aggressive after that, and is getting grumpy when things don't go her way. And she follows me everywhere I go. She's sleeping in my lap for more than a hour now, looks really drugged and bombed. No more vetranquil for her, thats for sure! Will email my vet about that later.

Also, I'm a bit worried about the increased GOT, even though my vet told me not to be. I wonder if some serious stuff is going on. After all, I know that her blood count isn't right for years, and we never knew what's the cause (my vet thinks it's from her chronic UTI's). But who knows? Maybe it's something bad that's now acting up and is getting worse? :(

Kirsten

Randi
03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Kirsten, it sounds as if she's over the worst now, so I hope you'll both have a peaceful sunday and sh starts eating with throwing up.

Did your vet say anyting about what she can eat and what not?

Keep getting better, Luna!

(((hugs))) :love:

Edit* Oh no, this doesn't sound good. :( Perhaps it's a good idea to not give her any food, or just tiny amounts at a time. However, you have to make sure she drinks. I don't know what GOT means, but if the vet says you don't need to worry about that, it's probably true - but something is wrong. :( Hope the vet has a new idea of what to do.

Kirsten
03-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Randi, I think we posted at the same time. She's not so well today (see post above).

And no, we haven't discussed her diet yet. For the time being, she's on Hill's i/d, but I don't let her eat much. Her stomach needs to recover first. :(

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
03-29-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm so sorry that you are both going through this. :( I have no experience with it, but I am still sending all my best wishes to you and Luna.

Catty1
03-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Kirsten, here's part of a post from Dog General that may apply here. It sounds like giving Luna's tummy a rest has helped, and maybe a bland diet instead of her regular dry food for a day will help also.

I don't know what 'cerenia' is, but there must be other ways to coat her little tummy...there is some kind of pepto stuff from vets, but I don't recall the name.

looks like my little baby has a case of gastroenteritis! or upset tummy causing vomiting and diarrhea. No food or water for 24 hours. She got a big under the skin fluid shot because she is dehydrated, and another shot for nausea. Tomorrow around 7 am she will be offered just a bland diet, baby food and boiled chicken, as well as half a pill of cerenia for 4 days to prevent vomiting!

Luna is a little better...and I hope she heals well very soon. Also - ask your vet about the grain-free food. I suspect it would help both your girls.

{{{{hugs}}}}:love::love::love:

ETA: I Googled for grain free foods in Germany, and found these:

http://www.healthypetboutique.com/servlet/the-943/SOLID-GOLD-Indigo-Moon/Detail

http://www.qype.co.uk/de/categories/174-pet-shops-in-germany

http://www.raubtiersalon.de/

http://www.fressnapf.de/

Medusa
03-29-2009, 10:35 AM
At least now you know what's been making her sick and you can proceed from there. Poor little girl, she must've been in so much pain. We're still praying here.....:love:

wolflady
03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Still keeping Luna in my thoughts as well, poor little girl. I agree her stomach needs to settle down a bit, but looking into alternate diets may be the way to go. I know when I used to work for a vet all they prescribed was Hill's, but it's not always the best choice of diet. Hopefully you can find something that works for Luna.
*more prayers for her health on the way!*

Kirsten
03-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your support and advice! And thanks for the links, Candace! :)

Yes, a change in diet may be an option, even though the options are limited as Luna has to eat her struvite crystal diet again when this is over. We all know how severe her bladder problems are!

For the time being, she seems to do well with the Hill's i/d. I was also thinking about fasting to let her stomach calm down but it seems to me she's more nauseaus when her stomach is empty (maybe this is the reason why she's only throwing up in the morning now for the last three days :confused:).

Earlier this afternoon, she learned to open the sliding door of my kitchen cabinet behind which the food is stored... I didn't notice at first and when I found her happily stealing food, she had already eaten for a while (luckily it was the i/d she had stolen). I was more or less prepared that it would come up again, but so far, it didn't.

However, the fact that she seems to be hungry despite all her stomach probs reminds me of gastritis: I felt the same way when I had mine a couple of weeks ago; I always felt better when I ate. But I did not throw up.

Kirsten

orangemm
03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
We just went through 2 months of this with Binky. Continual throwing up while still acting hungry. He probably has IBD and the vet has prescribed Prilosec (yes, the OTC people medication). 1/4 tablet once a day, small helpings of food, usually half i/d and half regular, plus dry i/d. So far, so good. Only one episode of vomiting, but that may have been because he was so hungry he gorged his food.

Keeping fingers crossed for Luna. I know this is extremely frustrating, but hang in there and take it very slowly. And let us know how she's doing...........

Catty1
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear Luna was sneaking food! lol

Kirsten, the high protein foods get the urine to the right pH and PREVENT the struvite crystals from forming. DO ask your vet, but that is what my vet told me. :)

Hugs to little Luna. :love:

kb2yjx
03-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Kirsten!! What a roller coaster ride this have been!!! I will keep saying prayers for you BOTH and will light some candles....I really hope an end is in sight.....HUGS Sandra

Sonia59
03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Keeping you and Luna in my thoughts.

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Luna is still not doing well.:( She remains in my thoughts and prayers.

phesina
03-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I just lit another candle for Luna ..and you and Lily too!

cassiesmom
03-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for Luna.

Same here. Fingers crossed and prayers said for Luna, Lily and Kirsten.

momcat
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Luna, Lily, and you remain in my thoughts and prayers. Gentle get well lovies to sweet Luna, scritchies and lovies to Luna and countless [[[[[HUGS]]]]] for you!

smokey the elder
03-30-2009, 07:15 AM
A long time ago one of my cats just kept throwing up; they couldn't find anything. The vet put her on Tagamet (this was a long time ago; first generation extra strong tummy meds.) She was on small portions of A/D, almost like I was feeding a kitten. Lately they use Pepcid for kidney cats; this is basically the same type of meds. Do you have anything like that in Europe? I'm spacing on the generic name at the minute (famotadine, maybe?)

Good luck with your precious Luna.

Randi
03-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Kirsten, we're all rooting for Luna, hope she feels better now! :love:

(((hugs)))

Kirsten
03-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, candles and advice! It's very much appreciated. :)

Sorry for being short today, but I came down with a bad cold, and I just want to go to bed.

Good news is, Luna did not throw up today, and she's more interested in other things - food included. She's still on i/d for the time being, but always wants to eat. She pooped this morning for the first time since she got so ill. She's now taking a med called Gastrosel to calm her stomach down; my vet suggested to go on with that for a while. So I have to wait and see what happens. If the puking continues, more tests and treatments will be in order, but I hope it is over!

orangemm: How did they found out about Binky's IDB? Did she have endoscopy?

Kirsten

emily_the_spoiled
03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Tanner was diagnosed with IBD a few years ago. At that time the vet told me the only definitive way to diagnose IBD is through a biopsy. Usually it is a condition that is diagnosed when all the other options have been ruled out.

But I am really glad that Luna sounds like she is doing better:)

Kirsten
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Poor Tanner! Yes, a biopsy is making sense...
But I'd figure that a cat with IBD has diarrhea also?

Kirsten

emily_the_spoiled
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
IBD can present in a number of different ways. For Tanner it was really really bad diarrhea. What was interesting was that once I took him off the commercial cat food he got better within a couple of weeks. I think it was the preservatives and dyes that contributed to him becoming so sick.

Catty1
03-30-2009, 12:16 PM
YAAY!

Kirsten, now YOU get some sleep - and I hope your babies cuddle up and are YOUR nurses!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Kirsten, I'm so glad that Luna is doing much better and I hope that she continues to well.:) I'm sorry to hear that you've caught a bad cold.:( Please get the rest you need and take care. (((HUGS)))

Starr has IBD and colitis. He had a surgical biopsy and his symptoms were severe diarrhea. Some cats only have diarrhea, some vomit, and some poor cats can have both.:( There are different types of IBD and the worst is like the Crohn's version in people. Luckily this is very rare in cats. Starr has the Eosinophilic IBD. Here's a good link about it:http://peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1322&aid=304.

orangemm
03-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Kirsten, no, Binky didn't have a biopsy; the vet examined him thoroughly and from that and his symptoms indicated that he might have it. He didn't have diarrhea, but he had a lot of very soft smelly poops, plus the regurgitation

He's done well on the Prilosec. Only one episode of vomiting and that could have been from him eating too fast, so I have to limit his portions and give him small frequent meals.

We are going to keep him on the i/d (50/50 with his regular food) since it seems to work.

So glad Luna isn't puking anymore!!

Sonia59
03-31-2009, 05:21 AM
I am glad Luna seems better. Still crossing fingers that she fully recovers.

astrid
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Great to know Luna's better, now I hope she recovers 100% and I hope you too get well soon.

:love:Big hugs:love:

Kirsten
03-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Thank you for all the get well-wishes, and for the IBD info, orangemom and kak...

Here's a little update: She did not throw up this morning, but did not eat her food, and she laid down on her blanket before I left for work, which is an untypical behaviour for her, so I was a bit worried when I left. I even drove home during my lunch break to look after her, and to my relief, she had eaten her food meanwhile and did not throw up. But she looked under the weather and did not get up from her blanket when I came home. She was still lying there when I came home from work the late afternoon, and she seems to be a bit exhausted. But she was eating.

Sorry for being short again, but I'm still feeling the effects of the cold I got, and I'm just tired. I think I'll go to bed early today...

Kirsten

phesina
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Prayers that Luna and you will both be back to good health shortly!

cassiesmom
03-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Still crossing fingers that she fully recovers.

same here :love:

orangemm
04-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Both of you have to be worn to a frazzle.:(

Some rest and bland food might be the ticket. Good thoughts going out to you both! ((((hugs))))

Anikaca77
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
My prays are still coming for Luna and you must get some rest as well. It's hard to take care of our little ones while we are sick as well.

Catty1
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Poor Luna is likely a little worn out from the whole thing as well...sending healing get-well wishes to you both!:love::love:

Sonia59
04-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I was wondering how our dear Luna was doing. I hope she is doing better and that meowmie could take some rest and recover from the cold too!

Kirsten
04-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for asking, and for all the well-wishes.

I'm sorry I did not reply to this yesterday, but I was dealing with a terrible migraine, the worst I ever had! :eek:

Luna still looks kind of under the weather to me, at least this is my impression, but she did not vomit anymore and she's eating. She's still stealing food from the kitchen, and I let her do that. Whatever makes her happy is fine for me! :love:

I will post some pics of her later. :)

Kirsten

CultureJunky
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Luna, I'm sorry you're still feeling really ill. I hope this will clear up soon. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of you again later on.

Kirsten
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Okay, here are some pics of her.

This was her the night she was so terribly ill (after her sedation that made her psychotic). She was so miserable!

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna_ill_1.jpg

This one was taken a couple of days ago, and I think it's easy to see that she's still not well:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna_ill_2.jpg

And this one was taken today. I still think she's not looking like her old self:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna_ill_3.jpg

I hope I will soon be able to take photos of a happy Luna again!

Kirsten

Sonia59
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
In the last picture, she's not smiling, but she looks healthy (fur and eyes OK) :) I hope all is over now.

Kirsten
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
In the last picture, she's not smiling, but she looks healthy (fur and eyes OK) :) I hope all is over now.

Her face is like that almost all the time now, which makes me think she's not happy. :(

Kirsten

Medusa
04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Kirsten, you know your girls best but Luna looks pretty good to me, especially in the last pic. I do hope that the worst is over for her and that she gets better and better every day and looks better, too, so that mom can relax a little and not battle migraines. :)

cassiesmom
04-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Get-well wishes and prayers for Kirsten and Luna. :love: *((((HUGS))))

Sonia59
04-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Her face is like that almost all the time now, which makes me think she's not happy. :(

Kirsten

Did she really change over the years? From a human point of view, you can probably say it's a unhappy face, but for a cat face, I don't know. She lives in a good home, is taken care by a human who understands her needs, she has Lily for company when you are not there, well, she should be happy!

When I compare pics of young Peppito and today's Peppito, I also see differences. Except ageing, I think his expression changes because he has a longer experience of life. He's more quiet, is less scared of his environnment, for instance.

Kirsten
04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, maybe you're right and it's just me... Or it's because she lost some weight while she was so ill, which shows in her face.

I wish she could tell me how she's feeling now!

Kirsten

orangemm
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
I know how you feel, Kirsten; I still worry about Binky even though up until now he's been doing ok. He threw up again this morning (even with his special food and meds), so we're keeping an eye on him.

It will probably take a few more days before Luna is feeling better...I know when I'm that sick it takes a while before I'm 100%.

Give her some gentle scritches from me!:love::love:

Kirsten
04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Binky threw up. Best wishes to him that it's nothing serious!

Yes, maybe she takes a while to recover from this. When I had my gastritis several weeks ago, it took a long time until I started feeling better.

Kirsten

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
While she does look better in the last picture compared to the previous ones, I think she doesn't quite have the sparkle back in her eyes that I've seen in other pictures of her. Other than that though, she looks good. She is nice and fluffy. :) My once fluffy kitty is all skin and bones now.

I hope Luna will be feeling better very soon.

Kirsten
04-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes, maybe it's that sparkle that I'm missing in her eyes...

I'm sorry to hear your kitty has lost weight! :(

Kirsten

Randi
04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh that last picture... you can see in her face that this has been hard on her - poor girl. :( I hope she feels better soon!

Please give her some kisses from me. :love:

momcat
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Kirsten, There's one thing I know for sure, Luna is[B] is a very happy kitty. It shows in all of her pictures. She knows who loves her and cares for her! Both of you have really been through a lot these past few weeks and things like this definitely take their toll.

Please, be easy on yourself. Loads of gentle lovies to Luna from me and tons of scritchie and lovies to Lily too.

[[[[[hugs]]]]]

momcat
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Kirsten, There's one thing I know for sure, Luna is a very happy kitty. It shows in all of her pictures. She knows who loves her and cares for her! Both of you have really been through a lot these past few weeks and things like this definitely take their toll.

Please, be easy on yourself. Loads of gentle lovies to Luna from me and tons of scritchie and lovies to Lily too.

[[[[[hugs]]]]]

Kirsten
04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks! :) The good news is, Luna was looking a bit happier today, you could see it in her eyes...

But there's one thing that makes me feel bad. That horrible night after her massive vomiting, when she was under the influence of the drugs and acted psychotic, I have to admit that I've been yelling at her at 3 am in the night when she did everything she could to not let me sleep, making a lot of noise with the carpet, and the doors. :( I feel so bad about it, I know she was not herself and not responsible for her actings, but I felt so tired and saw the clocks ticking the night away without me getting any sleep. And I was worrying about how to do my job the next day... I know that was terribly selfish of me, and it was not fair.
For some reason, she doesn't seem to mind, I hope she forgave me. But I'm still feeling bad about it. I love her so much, and yet I could not help getting angry when she didn't let me sleep... :(

Kirsten

Medusa
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh Kirsten, don't feel bad. It's only natural to be short tempered when we're tired and going w/out sleep. The very first time I took my RB Puddy in to see Dr. Lee is when she had an inflamed and blocked colon (although I didn't know it yet) and she was meowing and crying the entire drive there. I had been up w/her all night and I was exhausted. At that time, I hadn't found a shortcut to Dr. Lee's office yet and it would take me 1 1/4 hours to get there and Puddy kept crying and I kept turning up the volume on the radio to drown her out. I yelled at her to be quiet and I felt awful about it. I still do. So don't feel bad. It happens to all of us, I think. :love:

catmandu
04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
The Animal Angel Army are holding a Prayer Service for Luna:love::love: in every chuch , temple and synagoque on the island of Maui :love::love:
We Pray that your Dear Little Friend :love::love:can beat this mysterious disease thats bothering her so much.
:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
More prayers and get-well wishes for Luna and for Lily and Kirsten too ((((HUGS))))

GILL
04-08-2009, 07:41 AM
ALL of our best wishs and prayers are with you and Luna.
Not too worry we all get short tempered sometimes, but this too will pass and there is nothing more forgiving then a happy cat.

Cataholic
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh, Kirsten, I think you need to make a formal apology to Luna, and then look at yourself in the mirror and say, "And, Kirsten, I forgive myself!". All of us have been there at some time or other in our life. None of us are perfect and the loss of sleep is such a big deal. Please, forgive yourself, and place all of your energies into loving your girls.

Hugs,
Johanna

katladyd
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
All of us have yelled at our babies when we are sleep deprived! We wouldn't be human if we didn't. I feel bad when I have done it, but cats are so forgiving! The next day they are sitting on your lap purring and you are so thankful they are feeling better that you can't stop kissing them. It all works out, doesn't it?

Kirsten
04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you everyone for your kinds words and for being so understanding! :)

Johanna, that's some good advide, thanks a lot! :)

Someone has thrown up here this evening btw. Don't know who it was but I think it was Luna because I saw she had tears running down her cheeks. :( The vomit was only liquid and hair, and it happened only once, so far. Luna has eaten after that, and I hope she'll keep it down. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous now, especially since I know that my vet is on holiday.

Kirsten

katladyd
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
That just sounds like a typical hairball upchuck. Keep an eye on her, but I would bet it is nothing serious.

Kirsten
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, looks like it's been just that. :) She seems to be fine these days. :)

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Let's hope it was just a fur ball that made her throw up.. I DO check in on our pretty Luna and watch this situation although I don't post every time I do. :love:

Kirsten
04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you very much for caring about my beloved girl!

Kirsten

katladyd
04-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Everybody here loves Luna and cares about her:love: And Lily, too!

orangemm
04-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Try not to worry too much about Luna; I know it's hard not to, but she has to go through her own healing process and it takes time. Yes, we all care very much about your babies just like we do our own.

I still go on "puke patrol" in my house because even though Binky is better, there are times when he will throw up. The vet said that this may happen infrequently and not to obsess about it (well, I do, because I have to clean it up!).

You've been through the worst of it. Try to relax a little (you deserve it) and take it one day at a time...........

((((hugs))))

Kirsten
04-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Same here re. the "puke patrol". LOL It's the first thing I do when I come home from work!

Glad to hear that Binky is doing better! :) But you're right, the cleaning up is no fun at all! :eek:

Kirsten