PDA

View Full Version : Uploading a website question... really confused.

CountryWolf07
03-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Figured I'd ask anybody here who's web-savvy....

I have designed a new website - and I am wanting to upload it onto the server except that it is on my laptop.. and I used OSU's server for my web projects.. so I can't do that anymore - how do I go about this? I am confused. I'm not exactly sure how this works out? I use Just Host.

Thanks! :)

Hellow
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
You could try several things, although I dont know if you can and/or if you know how to do some of these:

SSH into the server and upload them that way
FTP into the server and upload them
Compress them and upload them through the utility on their website, assuming they have one

CountryWolf07
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
How about by Dreamweaver?

Suki Wingy
03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
If you used the school's server before you're going to have to buy server space from a host, unless you know someone with their own. I use Photoshop to design, piece it together in Dreamweaver, and Fetch to upload it to the server. I just use my dad's server.

CountryWolf07
03-24-2009, 10:22 PM
If you used the school's server before you're going to have to buy server space from a host, unless you know someone with their own. I use Photoshop to design, piece it together in Dreamweaver, and Fetch to upload it to the server. I just use my dad's server.

I do have my own server/domain - Just Host. So what do I do?

Karen
03-25-2009, 12:51 AM
You need to upload the html pages you have hopefully created, using and FTP program - we use Interarchy, but I'm on a Mac, I don't know what its equivalent is on a PC.

CountryWolf07
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
You need to upload the html pages you have hopefully created, using and FTP program - we use Interarchy, but I'm on a Mac, I don't know what its equivalent is on a PC.

I do have html pages created from Photoshop.

CountryWolf07
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Figured it out. :)