PDA

View Full Version : I don't need no stinkin man...

moosmom
03-24-2009, 01:18 PM
My stereo was on the fritz. It's an older Sony and for some reason I couldn't turn up the volume. I thought, "Oh no, another repair bill." So I got to thinking. I took the speaker wires out and looked at them. The ends were rusted. I cut off the rusted end, stripped the covering so that the copper wire was exposed. I put them back into the speaker connections on the back of the stereo. Lo and behold, there was the beautiful voice of Josh Groban full blast!!!

Damn I'm good!!!!:p

pomtzu
03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Yay Donna!

Like I told a good friend of mine - the only thing I miss about not having a man in my life - is someone to snuggle up to in bed on a cold night!. On the other hand - little Sparky is always willing to accommodate! :love:

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
My stereo was on the fritz. It's an older Sony and for some reason I couldn't turn up the volume. I thought, "Oh no, another repair bill." So I got to thinking. I took the speaker wires out and looked at them. The ends were rusted. I cut off the rusted end, stripped the covering so that the copper wire was exposed. I put them back into the speaker connections on the back of the stereo. Lo and behold, there was the beautiful voice of Josh Groban full blast!!!

Damn I'm good!!!!:p

You sure are Donna, but I think you need at least ONE guy in your life! (A guy from Pittsburgh)

Medusa
03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
"A loaf o' bread, a jug o' wine; I don't need no valentine". Men are good as accessories but I'd rather have a good piece of jewelry. KIDDING! As for the cuddling bit, my Fur Posse fills the bill. :) Atta girl, Donna!

caseysmom
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Brian already reminded me once today its a family site so I will behave and keep my mouth closed!:D

carole
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Yep Donna you are good all right, good for you girl.:)

RICHARD
03-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't need no stinking woman.....A bathed one will do!:eek::cool:

Hellow
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't need no stinking woman.....A bathed one will do!:eek::cool:

You see things on a /really/ different angle than most.

happylabs
03-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I definitely have to agree with you on this post. When my husband of 17 years left me 6 years ago I thought my life was over. Boy was I wrong! I have learned to take care of myself and my home on my own. My teenaged daughter and I have fixed numerous things around the house over the years. My only problem is I am barely 5'2" tall! My kitties and Casey are much better snugglers than my husband ever was. :D

Medusa
03-24-2009, 05:49 PM
My only problem is I am barely 5'2" tall!

I'm w/ya on that one. I'm the same height and that's my biggest gripe. I can't reach anything w/out climbing a ladder and I'm not supposed to do that any more. We do come into our own when men aren't around, don't we? Although, for the record, my ex-husband is very good to me. And he was always quite the handyman but I can still do quite a few things on my own, as most women can and as Donna has discovered. :)

Logan
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Good for you, Donna! I was single for 10 years and I learned to do a lot of things on my own that I would not have done when I was married. Now that I'm married again, there are some things that my husband wants to handle for me. The good thing is that he knows I could do it, I just let him do it instead. ;)

CountryWolf07
03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm w/ya on that one. I'm the same height and that's my biggest gripe. I can't reach anything w/out climbing a ladder and I'm not supposed to do that any more. We do come into our own when men aren't around, don't we? Although, for the record, my ex-husband is very good to me. And he was always quite the handyman but I can still do quite a few things on my own, as most women can and as Donna has discovered. :)

I beat you two at it - I am only 4'9".. and I *hate* it.

RICHARD
03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I am 6'2" and need a woman to take care of the down to earth things.

Touche':p

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
My only problem is I am barely 5'2" tall! My kitties and Casey are much better snugglers than my husband ever was. :D

Oh, now, stop bragging!!! I'm only 4'9"!!! I'd love to be even 5'!!! :D :love:

Medusa
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I never minded being short until I lived alone. Before then, I was "petite" or "diminutive". Now I'm just plain short.

slick
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL I just couldn't leave this thread alone.
Yup, I don't need no stinkin' men either....except for maybe Richard!!! :D:D

It's amazing what we women can accomplish. I, too have fixed numerous things around the house, but I normally won't touch plumbing or electrical....well, there was this one time that I replaced a regular wall switch with a dimmer switch.

....and I'm 5'7" and can reach the top kitchen cupboards........even in Gini's house..:rolleyes::cool::p:D

Rock on Donna!

moosmom
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
LOL Mary!!

I'm 5 feet. No more, no less. I thank God everyday for the person who invented a step stood and a "grabber".

carole
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Richard you are just plain hilarious some times lol.:)

I guess i have to admit it i DO need my man very much indeed, he is my Macgyver, he can fix almost anything,but to those who Don't good on you girls, way to go.:):)

happylabs
03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
LOL...I have NEVER been taller than anyone. I feel like a giant now. :D

joycenalex
03-25-2009, 05:19 AM
I am 6'2" and need a woman to take care of the down to earth things.Touche':p
ah richard....and so many women here to bring you down to earth...how can any other be more then your PT women? *smile*

kokopup
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
originally posted by Moosmom

You did the right thing to fix your problem. I have one minor nitpick.
You were not cutting rust from the wires since copper doesn't rust. If the wire was in indeed copper you cut off oxidation. Rust is oxidation, however, it is not called rust on copper or any other metal. On silver we refer to the same process as tarnish. Oxidation is not a good conductor therefore your sound problem. Good job anyway.:)

Richard I used to be 6'2" but with age I'm down to 6'. Shrinkage:D

moosmom
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
kokopup.

I didn't know that!!!

lvpets2002
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
:) Well thats my thoughts as well.. Hey I have several real Furry Babies to cuddle to on a cold night.. :D
Yay Donna!

Like I told a good friend of mine - the only thing I miss about not having a man in my life - is someone to snuggle up to in bed on a cold night!. On the other hand - little Sparky is always willing to accommodate! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2009, 01:45 PM
I beat you two at it - I am only 4'9".. and I *hate* it.

Being another short 4'9"er I agree, it can be a pain! I really hate crowds. I tend to get black eyes from people standing with their hands on their hips!!! :eek:;)

Medusa
03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
being another short 4'9"er i agree, it can be a pain! I really hate crowds. I tend to get black eyes from people standing with their hands on their hips!!! :eek:;)

lol :d

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Richard I used to be 6'2" but with age I'm down to 6'. Shrinkage:D

Hmm, age just makes me a BIGGER jerk!:eek::D

Medusa
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Hmm, age just makes me a BIGGER jerk!:eek::D

As the blood trickles from her lips, Mary reminds herself not to bite her tongue so hard......

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
As the blood trickles from her lips, Mary reminds herself not to bite her tongue so hard......

Please don't hurt yourself, I am a grown up and can take the joke!

--------

THis thread reminded me of a local plumbing company-mike diamond- that advertises on the radio with a campaign about how the plumbers who work for the company will show up on time and will smell nice or you get your visit free!

You may not need no stinkin' man, but a plumber?:D

kokopup
03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD

Hmm, age just makes me a BIGGER jerk!

Richard, no pun to you intended. I really used to be 6'2" and at 69 have shrunk to 6'. I will be sure to leave your name out of my future post. The pun was directed at me.

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Quote:

Richard, no pun to you intended. I really used to be 6'2" and at 69 have shrunk to 6'. I will be sure to leave your name out of my future post. The pun was directed at me.

And I can't have a little "pun"' myself? ;)

I never considered you making fun of me actually If I lose two inches I wouldn't have to pull my pants up so high!:D:eek::o

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Quote:

Richard, no pun to you intended. I really used to be 6'2" and at 69 have shrunk to 6'.

I've shrunk too. I used to be 4'11. I don't plan on dieing. I'm gonna just shrink off into the sunset!!! :D