PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!!!

king2005
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Digi is coming with Jordan & I to Montreal for passover in April!

We'll be driving down and Digi will get to meet Moonshine (I think thats his name) the Maincoon scaridycat hehe

Moon is about 27-28lbs & poor Digi has never been over 26lbs :eek: Luckly Moon will go into hiding & wont pick a fight with Digi.. not like Digi would start it. Shes good with kitties & has learned that when a kitty hisses RUN AWAY!!! :D

This will be Digi's longest road trip (distance wise).

Seravieve
03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Sounds like fun! I cant believe there's a cat that weighs that much... Wow.
We just finished up a 3,000 mile road trip with Eli a couple weeks ago. =)

Good luck & Have Fun! =)

king2005
03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds like fun! I cant believe there's a cat that weighs that much... Wow.
We just finished up a 3,000 mile road trip with Eli a couple weeks ago. =)

Good luck & Have Fun! =)

Maincoons get BIG! :eek:
Digi should weigh about 30-35lbs, but her body wont put on any fat.. I have to research more on a high energy diet in hopes that'll work.. but its hard with her food allergies. I might try feeding her fresh salmon, but I need to do research on that first to make sure the bones aren't going to hurt her (if there are bones, I really don't know, I don't eat fish, EWWWW :p)

This summer Digi might be going on a 2000km Road Trip to PEI to visit my dad (her grandpa as he calls himself :D). I just need to muzzle train her (the wire kind), stitch a piece of frabric to the very front of it & then she can run free on the beach & I don't have to worry about her eating crabs, shrimp, shelled things & other weird ocean critters as shes allergic to shellfish & god knows whatelse, & I really don't want to findout either!!

Digi is a really good travel dog, She does great buckled in the back seat, doesn't need to potty 800 times a day, doesn't get car sick, is ubber friendly, doesn't bark, whines a bit, & shes crate trained!

Makes travelling with her easy :)

Where did Eli get to go??

Seravieve
03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Eli got to go to Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. I posted a thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151355).
He too does really well in the car. We brought his dog bed and a beany ottoman thing he really likes and he was happy. He had the back seat to himself. The only times he growled were when we had to go through the border checkpoints in NM and when J got pulled over (shhh!). He doesnt like adult men.. muchless men peeking in on him through the window.

I had to LOL at the muzzle for Digi... Its a good idea, just sounded funny. =)

king2005
03-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Eli got to go to Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. I posted a thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151355).
He too does really well in the car. We brought his dog bed and a beany ottoman thing he really likes and he was happy. He had the back seat to himself. The only times he growled were when we had to go through the border checkpoints in NM and when J got pulled over (shhh!). He doesnt like adult men.. muchless men peeking in on him through the window.

I had to LOL at the muzzle for Digi... Its a good idea, just sounded funny. =)

Sounded like he had a lot of fun hehehe Good boy Eli :D

Tell me about it.. Muzzling Digi sounds insane as shes the friendliest dog in the world!!.. but she needs to be protected from herself :rolleyes::D

Luckly shes use to a Halti so I'm hoping the muzzling will go well.. We have a large backyard for her to get use to it :) Luckly we'll be the only people at our cottage so no one will be scared of her, well maybe the gulls & crabs she'll try to chase & play with hehehe

Seravieve
03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a nice vacation! Cottage on the beach with no one around. Very nice and relaxing.

king2005
03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Sounds like a nice vacation! Cottage on the beach with no one around. Very nice and relaxing.

I'm just worried I wont have enough money to go with Digi's Emg 2 weeks ago.. If not, then next year.. Atleast we still get to go to Montreal on Apr 8th-12th :)

kfitzp1
03-24-2009, 03:55 PM
I am feeling a little guilty because I let Valentine have the backseat and I do not buckle him in. He is 50 lbs and well behaved and likes to roam his head from one backseat window to another, but if an accident happens he would go flying. Should I be using the regular seatbelt on him, or does anyone have any recomendations on the special ones they make? We have a regular car so kennel in the backseat is out, and he likes rides. ( I know he wouldn't if he went out the front window):confused: Thanks, Kelley and V.

king2005
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I am feeling a little guilty because I let Valentine have the backseat and I do not buckle him in. He is 50 lbs and well behaved and likes to roam his head from one backseat window to another, but if an accident happens he would go flying. Should I be using the regular seatbelt on him, or does anyone have any recomendations on the special ones they make? We have a regular car so kennel in the backseat is out, and he likes rides. ( I know he wouldn't if he went out the front window):confused: Thanks, Kelley and V.

Take him to Petsmart or any other store & get him a doggie seatbelt with padding on the cheat...

This is before I had it adjusted for her narrow chest.. She still loves her car rides!
http://kingrattus.net/gallery/v/Pets/Digi/2008/May252008/IMG_3491.JPG.html

kfitzp1
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks, thats cool. btw, what a cutie, one day i'll get a camera to post Valentine's picture. Kelley.

king2005
03-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks, thats cool. btw, what a cutie, one day i'll get a camera to post Valentine's picture. Kelley.

Thank you.. Just remember, it not only will save your dogs life, but yours too.. a flying dog it like a cinder block.. the body can easily break your neck