PDA

View Full Version : I need your help...

moosmom
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Is there ANYONE in CT that can foster a 10 year old declawed black DLH until a home can be found???

My cousin's mother-in-law is 84 years old and has gone into an assisted living facility where pets are not allowed. Skylar is a real lap cat and will be devastated if she has to go into a cage. My cousin has 2 dogs and she hates dogs.

My apartment is crowded with my own cats, but if I absolutely HAVE to, I will foster her. I put a call into the Hartford Courant and asked my friend Cindy to let me know if there are any cancellations for a spot in the "Pet of the Week". I'm hoping there will be so this sweet little girl can get another furrrever home.

Can anyone here in CT offer her a temporary home till we can get her into a new furrrever home??? We are a little desperate.

catnapper
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Sorry Donna, I'd take her but I have Callie --- if she hates dogs, then she'd be absolutely miserable here.

moosmom
03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Kim,

Thanks anyway. I'm still waiting on some phone calls. Hope things are well with you!!!

GILL
03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
You know that I would if I could, but I will keep my ears and eyes open.

moosmom
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh John, I wouldn't even THINK of asking you again. You have been so much help to me, it brings tears to my eyes.

Good news!!! I've found a foster home for Skylar. One of the women who was with us at the Jay Baldwin trial had given me her business card. I called Nancy (whose business card says she's a foster mom) and she said she'd be happy to foster Skylar. She works with "Mary's Kitty Korner", a rescue organization in Windsor. Skylar will have much space to run and play, an outdoor enclosure to enjoy the beautiful weather and all the love she deserves, until a furrrever home can be found. Her picture will be on Petfinder under Mary's Kitty Korner,

I am ecstatic!!!! I can go visit her anytime I want (even though I've never met her). Nancy said that declawed (the woman adopted her already declawed) cats seem to find homes quickly. Her age (10 years old) might be a problem. We'll have to wait and see.

Karen
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Good news!

GILL
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
OH HAPPY DAYS.Great news

Medusa
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Her age of 10 years is might be a problem? Jeez. That isn't that old. Older cats are such sweeties, not rambunctious and just want to be loved. I hope it works out for Skylar, Donna.

moosmom
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Robin's Mom is ecstatic that her furbaby is going to a great place. They'll be able to visit (although I advise against it, as it will only confuse Skylar). She'll have the best care and an outdoor enclosure that will enable her to enjoy the Spring and Summer weather and other felines.

I assured Robin that if Skylar doesn't find a furrever home, she'll have a wonderful home with Nancy and her crew.

I can finally sleep tonight.

smokey the elder
03-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Ten isn't so old; I've placed cats that age (especially if they are declawed) into apartments. Landlords seem to accept a declawed cat better than one with claws, and may even waive a no-pets policy (but get it in writing!) Good luck with the kitty.