PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for our own Davidp...

moosmom
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I called Davidp this morning and got his brother Kenny, who was at David's house tending to Marigold. David has not been able to keep food down so they took him to the hospital. They were originally going to do a stress test on him because of his heart, but couldn't because he had a catheterization 8 months ago. They're keeping him in the hospital till tomorrow when he'll be released.

I need all PTers to light a candle and say a prayer for my sweetie that he's okay.

It all started when he went back to work. He walks the golf grounds (the jerk boss won't let him ride a golf cart to make it easier on his system). He had to keep taking short breaks because his breathing got labored. I encouraged him to get a note from his cardiologist that he is NOT to walk the grounds but to ride on a golf cart.

David has been a very loyal employee for 29+ years, and his boss treats him like crap.

Come on David, I need my rock back. Hang in there buddy. We're all rooting for you.

:love: and hugs,

Donna

Puckstop31
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Prayers on the way.

lvpets2002
03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
:( Oh No not our David.. I knew something was wrong when he did not visit our Thursday Thread.. Come on our Loving Buddy David = Lets Get Well Soon.. It does sound like your boss is a jerk.. I will agree that you need to take a note from your Doc that you need a golf cart.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Positive PT Vibes.. Also sending Bigg Huggss..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/59612.gif

RICHARD
03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Triple prayers going out........
DONE!

D"s boss?

You're an AH.

Catty1
03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope the doctor goes directly to the golf course and gives that boss a whack upside the head! :mad:

Surely there is someone "above" the boss that can be dealt with.

David, get well soon - and praying you get lots of support to stand up to that IDIOT.

HUGS!

finn's mom
03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
That stinks. I hope he is ok and recovers from this quickly. We'll all write notes that he needs a golf cart.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Prayers and well wishes on the way from me!!! :love:

Want me to give your boss a swift kick in the behind for you? I'd be mad enough I could do it even with arthritis. :(

jennielynn1970
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for David.

sparks19
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh goodness.

Prayers being said

caseysmom
03-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Your in my thoughts David, I wish your employer treated you better.

Grace
03-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Prayers and a candle lit.

Daisy and Delilah
03-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Donna. I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor David has been through alot lately.:(

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.:(

Medusa
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Prayers going up that all will be well for David....

moosmom
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I got a very worried when he didn't call me from bowling last night (he always does).

There IS no one over his boss. The jerk owns the place.

Killearn Kitties
03-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear David has been taken into hospital. Sending all my best wishes that he will feel better by the time he is released tomorrow.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
David, I hope you're feeling up to par (pun intended) really soon!

I'll be praying for you.

Randi
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Thank you for letting us know, Donna! I'm so sorry to hear David feels so rotten - and what an a##hole he boss is!! :mad: I hope David will be able to go home tomorrow on a well deserved paid sick leave and get better.

Fister and I are sending headbumpies and lots of positive thougths.

carole
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh dear i am worried for him, Donna please tell him his little sis down under is thinking of him and hoping he will make a good recovery and be back home soon with his furbabies, he is such a sweet gentle man, and i just want him to feel well again,HUGS to my big brother.

As for his boss ,there are words i cannot say on here how i feel about him, what goes around comes around matey is all i will say towards him.

Please keep us informed how he is doing,and give him my love.:love:

joycenalex
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
prayers for david...and karma will get the boss

Karen
03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Prayers on the way for David. Hmmm, if the hospital is keeping him, maybe his brother could smuggle Marigold in for some fur therapy. I hope he is okay!

Taz_Zoee
03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
David will be in my thoughts and his boss is on my "----list". :mad:

Catty1
03-23-2009, 05:58 PM
It would be nice if David could find another groundskeeper job...I'd write a note of referral for sure!

His present boss does not deserve him.

Hoping for good news soon.

chocolatepuppy
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Many prayers headed David's way.

ramanth
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Many prayers for David.

moosmom
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Carole,

I certainly will.

He will be coming home from the hospital tomorrow, I hope.

I'm sure the first thing he'll do is check PT.

Husky_mom
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
sending healing vibes to you David....

and to the "boss".. sending not-so-nice thoughts.....:mad:

Catty1
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I really wonder if some labour authority could be contacted or the boss could be reported.

I mean - his actions are endangering the life of an employee. Surely there must be safeguards against that!

Document everything, David - write it down.

gini
03-23-2009, 08:06 PM
David, you sure have my prayers that you will be back home soon and feeling much better.

It would be wonderful if your doctor could call your boss and in a very kind way suggest that it would be better for your health if you had a golf cart to use. Your boss wouldn't want anything to happen to you while you were working for him I wouldn't imagine.

cassiesmom
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Many prayers headed David's way.

From here too and a wish that his manager will allow him to use a golf cart in the future.

K9karen
03-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Triple prayers going out........
DONE!

D"s boss?

You're an AH.

Yeah! What he said!

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent David's way.

I hope that his boss will see now see that walking the grounds is definitely a threat to David's health. Hopefully he'll be able to ride in a cart instead. Some bosses just don't know how to treat their employees.:mad:

Moesha
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I sure hope David is ok. Please keep us posted if you hear anything.

blue
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts going his way. Get better David.

D"s boss?

You're an AH.

Quoted for the troof.

I think we have enough people here we can get a mob together to tar, feather and burn D's boss at the stake. If everybody will line up I have plenty of torches and pitchforks to go around.

DJFyrewolf36
03-24-2009, 01:45 AM
My prayers are on the way! *HUGS* David, feel better soon. You have come to be one of my greatest PT friends. Thank you Donna for posting!!

I'm in line to give your boss a piece of my mind!

Daisy and Delilah
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to hearing from you, David. I would love to spend some time with your boss too. What a heartless jerk!!!:mad:

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the well-wishes and all of the digs at my boss (he deserves them!). I'm home now and kind of tired. What I had was a mild case of congestive heart failure! They were able to to get me back to normal with my meds and I'm doing much better. I'll have to go on a low sodium diet and really watch what I eat. Also I have to call my regular doctor about restrictions on work and to set up a sleep apnea study for me. I'm so sorry about the scare I gave everyone!

lvpets2002
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
:love: Woo Hoo Hurray David glad to hear that your much better & at home.. Yup you tell your Doctor to put a lot of strick rules down about what your boss can & cant do.. For sure write in the Golf Cart.. Be sure to take care of yourself & rest & rest.. Get some good kitty time in with your baby.. Lots of Prayers & Huggss..
Thanks everyone for the well-wishes and all of the digs at my boss (he deserves them!). I'm home now and kind of tired. What I had was a mild case of congestive heart failure! They were able to to get me back to normal with my meds and I'm doing much better. I'll have to go on a low sodium diet and really watch what I eat. Also I have to call my regular doctor about restrictions on work and to set up a sleep apnea study for me. I'm so sorry about the scare I gave everyone!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2009, 01:13 PM
:love: Woo Hoo Hurray David glad to hear that your much better & at home.. Yup you tell your Doctor to put a lot of strick rules down about what your boss can & cant do.. For sure write in the Golf Cart..

AND be sure your boss gets a copy!!!

So glad you are home!!! Take care and get lots of kitty cuddles!!! :love: :D

Lori Jordan
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Im glad you are home!!Take Care of yourself..And remeber you come first!!Id talk to your Doctor about writing you a note like Donna mentioned.

You are in my prayers,Take it easy for the next few days and get lots of Rest!

phesina
03-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry about the scare I gave everyone!

DAVID: SHAME on you! You owe NO apologies for giving all your friends an additional reason to care about you and for you! Tsk, tsk.

Now apologize for making that would-be apology!!

Pat (and my 6 cats)

P.S. I lit a candle too, with prayers for you to be well and for your &$%#$!! boss to let you use a cart! (I didn't say &$%#$!! in the candle prayer.)

carole
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh Bro I am just so happy to hear you are home and doing ok, but you must take real good care of yourself, watch that diet,cut out the salt and eat low fat and you will be fine, take care big teddy bear, lots of love little sis.:love:

smokey the elder
03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope you feel better! Would you like for me to arrange a shipment of well-used Bubba litter to his doorstep?

Daisy and Delilah
03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
David, please do all the doctor says, no matter how much of a pain in the butt it is.:( We love you here and we don't want anything else to go wrong with you. You're too sweet of a person to be sick.

Tell your boss to take a hike. I hope you can find another less physically stressful job. Best wishes for that and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Your buddy, Terry:)

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 04:14 PM
David, please do all the doctor says, no matter how much of a pain in the butt it is.:( We love you here and we don't want anything else to go wrong with you. You're too sweet of a person to be sick.

Tell your boss to take a hike. I hope you can find another less physically stressful job. Best wishes for that and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Your buddy, Terry:)

Terry, he can't. That'll be too much like work for him! I think I can do pretty good now that I'm away from the land of hospital food and tie-in-the-back gowns (I hate those things!)

Medusa
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
David, I can't stress enough how important it is to take your medication faithfully. My mother had congestive heart failure and she was stubborn about not taking her meds because they caused her to go to the bathroom a lot. It's annoying, I know, but you really must be diligent. I hope I don't sound too much like a meddling mom. :)

lvpets2002
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
do pretty good now that I'm away from the land of hospital food and tie-in-the-back gowns (I hate those things!)

:p Yup thats for sure much stress trying to keep those gowns closed in the rear..:D

AdoreMyDogs
03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry I didn't see the thread until now. I'm glad you're back home and feeling better, David. I know how nice it is to be out of the hospital, they're no fun!

Daisy and Delilah
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Heaven forbid that jerk of a boss does anything. He might get tired. Oh....woe is he.:rolleyes:
I would love to take him for a hike.:mad:

If he doesn't have some compassion after this has happened, he is heartless and doesn't need to be among the living. What goes around comes around Mr. Bossman!!

I suppose some hospitals have fairly decent food. I haven't been to that one yet. Those hospital gowns are ridiculous. I guess they think we all enjoy showing our butt off.:rolleyes::eek::eek:

Logan
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm really glad to hear that you are home, David. So sorry about the scare. Hope you will follow doctor's orders. I know when you get strong, you won't want to use a golf cart, anyway. If you're like me, you don't want a health issue to draw attention to yourself at work. I've been dealing with some pain and health issues for over a year, and there are days that I feel really, really bad, but I want to excel in spite of my health issues. :) And so far, I'm doing that!

cassiesmom
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Yay, this is good news that davidp is home! (candle lighted for davidp on gratefulness.org)
Hugs and more prayers,
elyse

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh Bro I am just so happy to hear you are home and doing ok, but you must take real good care of yourself, watch that diet,cut out the salt and eat low fat and you will be fine, take care big teddy bear, lots of love little sis.:love:

Thank you, Sis. It was scary findng out that I had Congestive heart failure. Anothr thing I have to avoid is caffeine. Eating isn't fun any more!

carole
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Bro it is a scarey thing all right, but it is a warning for you, please do the diet, honestly it is not that bad really, you will get used to it, i have been on Weight Watchers for six weeks now and i am loving it, eating healthy is always my top priority and it makes me feel good to be doing so, if you need any tips just ask me i am more than happy to help you, try de caff Tea, it is great, i drink nothing else, and i too have to eat low salt as my blood pressure is too high.

We can do this together big bro,i know how you feel, about the eating thingy, it seems like it is no fun at first but you will in time still enjoy the pleasures of eating and knowing you are doing yourself a huge favour,HUGS.:)

DJFyrewolf36
03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Aww dont apologize for being under the weather. *HUG*

Glad to see you feeling better!

davidpizzica
03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
:p Yup thats for sure much stress trying to keep those gowns closed in the rear..:D

I agree! A 60 y.o. butt isn't the side I want to show the world.

davidpizzica
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM

How true! A 60 y.o. male butt isn't the side I want to show the world.

davidpizzica
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Bro it is a scarey thing all right, but it is a warning for you, please do the diet, honestly it is not that bad really, you will get used to it, i have been on Weight Watchers for six weeks now and i am loving it, eating healthy is always my top priority and it makes me feel good to be doing so, if you need any tips just ask me i am more than happy to help you, try de caff Tea, it is great, i drink nothing else, and i too have to eat low salt as my blood pressure is too high.

We can do this together big bro,i know how you feel, about the eating thingy, it seems like it is no fun at first but you will in time still enjoy the pleasures of eating and knowing you are doing yourself a huge favour,HUGS.:)
Thanks, Sis. I can use all the tips you can give me. This is quite a change from being able to eat anything!

carole
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
No problem David, just ask ahead, i am no expert but i have a wealth of experience on healthy eating and bad eating lol.:) You take care now HUGS.:love::)