PDA

View Full Version : Honest people still exist!

catnapper
03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I was running late for work yesterday morning so I didn't have time to stop at the vet for the prescription cat food on my drive into work like I wanted to. I asked hubby if he'd mind picking it up for me, and I gave him $60 cash.

A few hours later, I got a frantic call from hubby.... he lost his wallet. This is a major thing for us because hubby hasn't gotten a paycheck in two months. No money coming in but my meager salary, and I've been proud to continue to keep buying the prescription food Pouncer needs. I've cut back on so many things to gather the $52 each 17 lb. bag costs.

Hubby was beside himself. He felt like a big nerd, and was furious with himself for losing the money. Its never fun to lose money, and especially bad when money is t-i-g-h-t. We looked and looked for the wallet. Turned the house inside out. Tonight we were trying to figure out how to make $52 miraculously appear, when we heard a knock at the back door. It was a guy returning the wallet! He found it on the sidewalk and returned it.... complete with all ID, credit cards, and cash. BIG sigh of relief! :D

Now my starving :rolleyes: kitties will get their food tomorrow. And WE have a renewed faith in human kindness.

ramanth
03-22-2009, 08:24 PM
That's great!! I love happy endings. :)

The other day, the grocery store was packed and a new lane opened. I wasn't really in a hurry so I patiently waited with my basket of stuff behind a woman with a huge cart load. She saw me and told me to go on ahead of her. I thanked her profusely.

Today on the way to work, a canadian goose was standing in the road. I stopped and waited while it slowly ambled back to the sidewalk.

A guy coming from the other direction gave me a huge thumbs up. :o

kitten645
03-22-2009, 09:59 PM
There ARE decent people out there. That's a great story. :p

"Today on the way to work, a canadian goose was standing in the road. I stopped and waited while it slowly ambled back to the sidewalk.

A guy coming from the other direction gave me a huge thumbs up"

That's so funny! The same thing happened to me today! Of course some idiots went zooming by just barely missing them. They were so sweet, about a dozen babies all in a row waddling across a four lane street. Moms and dads leading and bringing up the rear!
I was afraid some moron would not notice six cars stopped to let them go by so I got out of the car and sort of shooed them along. After they cleared, people in their cars beeped me and mouthed thank yous and thumbs up!

Claudia

Medusa
03-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Hopefully, more stories such as this will surface in these hard times to indicate that we're helping each other rather than taking the stance of "every person for him/herself". :)

lvpets2002
03-23-2009, 10:55 AM
:eek: WoW that was a very Honest person.. He is one of very few.. Glad your hubby's wallet was returned..

Barbara
03-23-2009, 11:19 AM
There are more honest than dishonest people. I sent a wallet back I found on a hike last October. I was so glad I could pay something back to the universe as my husband (who is a BIG loser of things ;)) got his stuff (like an expensive camera or his wallet) back so often.