PDA

View Full Version : WE Had an Earthquake!! U.K.!!

lynnestankard
09-23-2002, 03:27 AM
Honestly we had an earthquake over here!!!

OK it was only 4.8 on the Reichter Scale but goodness it was a little scary.
It was 0.55am and I was reading in bed when suddenly the whole house shook and it SEEMED to go on for ever. But it must have lasted about 30 seconds. Don rushed downstairs to check on the furkids - they were all sound asleep!! But I've noticed they all seem very quiet this morning - has any one ever reported this over there?
Anyway this should (hopefully) take you to the BBC report:-
www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2275158.stm

Lynne

Former User
09-23-2002, 03:31 AM
Lynne, the link doesn't work, I hope this does! How scary! I'm glad you're okay!

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/2275158.stm)

lynnestankard
09-23-2002, 03:34 AM
Thanks Niina - one day I'll learn how to do these technical thingies!! LOL.:D :D

Lynne

C.C.'s Mom
09-23-2002, 04:17 AM
Scary huh?

We often had them when I was still living at home (it had nothing to do with the fact that I lived at home... or at least I do hope so).
I was really scary when the house started to shake for a few seconds.

Happy that you, your family and the furrkids are okay.

Albea
09-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Lynne, it must have been very scary! So glad you and the pets are fine. Now I have to get in touch with my friends in the UK to make sure everybody is safe and sound.

lynnestankard
09-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Albea - According to the news no-one has been injured. We were very lucky indeed.

Lynne

AmberLee
09-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Wow!

I only half glanced at the title, and assumed it was posted by Gini, or Kelly, or another of the Californians. What a surprise. So glad you are all okay. It sounds like the furbabies had the right idea -- sleep it out.

{{{hugs}}}

P.S. How are you healing? I notice you seem to have more mobility in your hands/wrists/arms again. Feeling better, I hope?

lynnestankard
09-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Amber - got quite a bit more movement back in the 'wing' but the doc., isn't too happy - there isn't enough bone being put down over the breaks. He's waiting until we return from our trip to see Diane and if it's still the same he wants to do a bone graft. Must say I'm not too thrilled with the thoughts of that, but I'm putting it on the back burner until we return home. Can hardly wait until 7th October and flying to Chicago.

:D :D

Lynne

Dixieland Dancer
09-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Glad to hear nobody got hurt in the quake. Take care and keep us posted on the "wing".

RockyRoad
09-23-2002, 08:14 PM
Whoah! Glad you're okay though. It's not fair!! New Yorkers never get any natural disasters!! I love that stuff!! :(

anna_66
09-24-2002, 09:08 AM
I'm glad everything is ok Lynne!