PDA

View Full Version : I Made a Decision ... Hope It Was the Right One.

Twisterdog
03-22-2009, 01:23 AM
For those of you who missed the original thread about the Chinese crested puppy: Puppy Drama (http://test.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151483)

Well, I decided to buy the dog. I did talk her down on price ... not that she was actually asking a terrible price to begin with, it was just the principal of the matter.

So, without further ado, meet Skittles, Miss So-Ugly-She's-Cute, 2009.

I get the image of a donkey's head on a pig's body whenever I look at her. :p

1. In all her "glory" ...

2. Gia says, "Uh, mom ... seriously ... what IS it?"

3. "Hmmm ... it SMELLS like a dog."

4. Sequoia says, "Uh, mom ... are they supposed to be chewing on each other like that?" (Can you find Rocky in this picture? Notice his tail? LOL!)

5. "MOM! Oh dang! I TOLD you it is an alien!"

k9krazee
03-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Oh my! She's cute!! I'm glad you got her out of the situation she was in.

scrain2329
03-22-2009, 03:17 AM
I am happy things turned out for the best of the dog : ) no matter how it had to happen:love:

and in all honesty, she is adorable:love::eek:. crazy dog love I suppose, but what a puppy i love her already:)

chocolatepuppy
03-22-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm sure Skittles thinks you made the right decision.;) She is adorable.:) I'm one of the ones that voted for you to buy her.

pomtzu
03-22-2009, 07:36 AM
I said buy her at a reduced price - glad you did!!! :D

And she's not ugly - just adorably unique!!! ;)

Welcome to you new family Skittles!! :love:

Casper
03-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I would have made the same decision... I don't see how anyone could neglect any dog... let alone a super cute one such as Miss Skittles! :love:

Welcome to PT, Skittles!

Daisy and Delilah
03-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm practically in tears knowing that this little girl is living a good life now. I think she is seriously adorable!! I love her little spotted body and fuzzy little face.
I've got to tell you, you deserve a HUGE pat on the back for all the great work you're doing there. Thank God for people like you that help these little guys.
Welcome to a wonderful life, Skittles!! Can't wait to see more of you.:)

lizbud
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, welcome to PT Skittles.:) I think she is a cutie. A friend of mine
got a Chinese crested puppy a few moinths ago. I was surprised just how
cute these dogs are in person. Her pup liked to dance around like Kung Fu
fighter when he played with her other dogs.:D It really changed my mind
about the breed.

buttercup132
03-22-2009, 10:03 AM
She's so CUTE!!!
If you need a foster for her or any info on Cresteds let me know!
She needs a good shaving lol.
Do you know how old she is, she still looks very puppyish.
I might have some old clothes that were too small for my Crested for her.

Your awsome for saving her!

Shelteez2
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
How is she temperment wise? Maybe she will enjoy playing with Rocky and he will leave the others in peace? LOL

Taz_Zoee
03-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I didn't vote or respond on the other thread, but I was hoping you'd get her. :) She is adorable. I'm glad the other dogs are doing so well with her too. :D

boomersooner
03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm glad you found her, and more importantly, SHE is very glad you did!!

finn's mom
03-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I think she's precious and she fits right in with your family!

Alysser
03-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I am so glad you got her outta that crummy situation! Looking at how happy she is with the other puppers I think it was the right situation! Is she a foster for now? I am sure once she is cleaned up and trained she will make an awesome pet!

KYS
03-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on your new almost hairless pup. lol
Welcome Skittles to Pet Talk.:love:

captain
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I have come in at the "tail end" of the drama, and I think no matter what, you did what YOU thought was right ............ karma will get that thoughtless b_t_h, and you will get the karma JOY .....

Welcome Skittles:)

Twisterdog
03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I was told she is six months old. I have to call the vet tomorrow for her vaccinations records and to schedule a spay, so I will verify her age. She still has puppy teeth, but I've heard CC's have funky teeth, so I'm not sure if that is as reliable a predictor of age as with other breeds.

Her temperment in GREAT, surprisingly, considering she has spent most of her life completely alone. She loves everyone, is not in the least bit shy or frightened. She thinks she is a big dog, and tries her best to chase Rocky and Gia. Looks like a pig chasing two race horses.

She indeed loves Rocky, since they are basically the same age, and they want to play all the time. But he is much bigger than she is, and he lived with a 125 pound lab for a few months, so he plays rough. I am constantly having to call him off.

Yes, she is a foster! I want to place her with a breed rescue or someone who owns CC's already.

DH loves her. He carries her around in his coat, talking baby talk to her, while she is wearing her little pink baby dress. It's hilarious. He has a soft spot for the underdog, he always says, "The ugly ones need more love." LOL

And she has had not ONE accident in the house! So much for the horror stories I was told about how she was "impossible" to house train.

pitc9
03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
I would have paid for the dog as well! You did the right thing!

Welcome to your new WONDERFUL life as a PT pup!!

Freedom
03-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Hooray, Skittles is safe!!!

Bless you for caring and acting!

finn's mom
03-23-2009, 01:21 PM
You are a gift to that puppy! She has a new lease on life, thanks to you and your generous heart!

K9karen
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I :love: you. Oh and Skittles too! Oh, and whole gang. Blessings on you forever.