PDA

View Full Version : A child welfare thread.

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday when I read the thread about the child who was killed becuase it didn't 'respect' the teen who was playing dad...

Today there was a story in the paper about a woman who was 'hit' in the head while putting her child into a car seat at a parking lot.

She awoke five/six hours later at a 'park and ride' lot sans child.

The child was found up the street from my house, dead, in a bunch of bushes.

The initial 'kidnappng' took place about 35 nmiles away from where the child's body was found. The mom did have bruises on her body, but the police at the press conference made it sound like she had something to do with the child's death.

This got me to wonder about the OctoMom and her situation.

I know that there are many people who are angry about her story, but I thought this when I read about the two kids that were killed.

Isn't it better to see exactly what a parent is doing, as in the OM case-to the kid, that it is to find out a child lived a short and painful life?

The OKs didn't want to be born into a family of 15 people, but I am glad that there is quite a bit of attention in her case...

The children who are single births that are raised in situations where the parent(s) are a couple of eff ups and end up killing their kids breaks my heart.

We don't have a way to see/care/attend to the children who are hidden away and abused or even killed by AH people who do not deserve to be in the same room and an infant/toddler/child.

Stories where children suffer under the hand of a parent of guardian break my heart. Iwould much rather see a woman under a microscope like the OM, than to see her hole up with the kids and have them suffer. I don't care for the adults, I just want to see the children taken care of and put into a situation where they can live and grow up with the least amount of turmoil in their lives.

Hopefully all the crap they will be exposed to will happen now and they will be left alone as they get older.....:(

Karen
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I know some states have a law where an infant up to a certain can be left at a hospital or police station with no questions asked if a single parent feels unable to deal with the situation. I wish more people would take advantage of that than take out their frustration on the innocent child. I'd give an unwanted child a home in a heartbeat, if it was either that or be abused, neglected or worse.

Sometimes it seems as if society expects that the ability to bear children equips one to be a parent, and some people just don't have the needed skills or aptitude.

Richard, our prayers will be with that innocent child and those who loved him or her.

Medusa
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, I see your point, RICHARD. If I allow myself to dwell on subjects such as this, though, I can't sleep. Years ago I had to pick up my niece at the Greyhound station. We can talk about what an awful place that is some other time but my mind still goes back to watching a man who accompanied a little boy. The boy was unkempt, not really dirty, but he had a look in his eyes that haunted me. He seemed uncomfortable to me but what kid wants to sit in a bus station and be good while waiting for the bus? If he had acted frightened in any way or if I had seen inappropriate behavior on the man's part, I would've approached the boy and talked to him but I saw none of that. And I've often wondered since then if I made a terrible mistake by not talking to him. I watched the news for several days afterwards to see if any boys his age were reported missing but there were none. My point is that we just don't know what horrible, unspeakable things happen to children because they can't be observed constantly. So, you may be right about the OK's. Time will tell.

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 06:26 PM
My point is that we just don't know what horrible, unspeakable things happen to children because they can't be observed constantly. So, you may be right about the OK's. Time will tell.

I am seldom right about anything....

I just cannot believe what I hear about kids being mistreated.

Don't judge me by this, but I think about the line, 'God watches over drunks and children' and I wonder what may have distracted him to let something like that happen to the children.:(:mad:

Medusa
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Don't judge me by this, but I think about the line, 'God watches over drunks and children' and I wonder what may have distracted him to let something like that happen to the children.:(:mad:

Hmmm, I heard it differently: "God protects fools and drunks". But I get your point, RICHARD.

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmmm, I heard it differently: "God protects fools and drunks". But I get your point, RICHARD.

OR was it foolish childlike drunks?:eek::o;)

ChrisH
03-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Stories where children suffer under the hand of a parent of guardian break my heart. I would much rather see a woman under a microscope like the OM, than to see her hole up with the kids and have them suffer. I don't care for the adults, I just want to see the children taken care of and put into a situation where they can live and grow up with the least amount of turmoil in their lives.
Me too Richard, me too. Seem to be hearing of so many lately. :(

RICHARD
03-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Me too Richard, me too. Seem to be hearing of so many lately. :(

I just read in the morning paper that the woman who was 'kidnapped' killed her daughter.

What a shame.:(

Marigold2
03-22-2009, 10:26 AM
"God protects fools and drunks
Yes I agree, but why the hell is that?

Marigold2
03-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I just read in the morning paper that the woman who was 'kidnapped' killed her daughter.

What a shame.:(
That was my first reaction, story was so out there.

Medusa
03-22-2009, 11:21 AM

Because they need it more than most, I guess.

RICHARD
03-22-2009, 02:56 PM

He loves everyone.:)

The reason that I heard it as "children and drunks" was the fact that neither has good equilibrium and they fall, get up, shake it off and march on.

When we are sober or mature we fall, lay there for a second to check the
limbs, get up and start thinking of a lawsuit!;)

-------------

The 'kidnapped' mom was released from custody last night. SHe apparently killed her daughter accidentally, panicked and dumped the body.

THat's even worse, she killed the poor kid then had to make up a story instead of taking responsibility for her mistake.

cassiesmom
03-22-2009, 05:02 PM
On the "Judge Karen" show she always says "God protects babies and fools... and you're no baby".

Stories where children suffer under the hand of a parent of guardian break my heart.
Mine too and there is no shortage of such situations here in Chicago.

lizbud
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I think that those found quilty of child abuse or murder of a child,
should serve many ,many years in prison AND be sterilized before ever
getting out of prison.

DJFyrewolf36
03-22-2009, 08:29 PM
The sad part is is these disgusting creeps get let off the hook and then people get paraniod and then situations turn into a wich hunt. Too much time spent on some cases and not enough time spent on others...and in the end even more kids get hurt. :(

RICHARD
03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Too much time spent on some cases and not enough time spent on others...and in the end even more kids get hurt. :(

Amen,

THat's is why I really dislike Nancy Grace and her crusade for the Florida child and her mom.....Kaycee?

It's the same effing song and dance every night on her show. I tune in for a minute to see if any OTHER kids have been kidnapped or killed. My heart does bleed for that kid, but underneath I have this secret desire to see the mom set free and someone from law enforcement/FL attorneys come out and blame her for the result of the trial, I don't see her getting a trial that's fair with all the coverage that NG schedules on her show. You'd think as a former attorney she would have thought about that!:rolleyes: