PDA

View Full Version : **Thursday #309 Spring Has Sprung with Bunny Hoppss**

lvpets2002
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM
:) Spring is here on the 20th this year.. Easter is just around the corner.. So lets get out the Duster & get some Spring Cleaning done.. Lets Brush & Fluff the Bunnies for Easter.. Time to go get some Yellow Peeps & Cadbury Eggss.. Orc are you going to water & get the yard work started?? Now David would you Open up the Bar for some Nice Cool Drinks.. I will go get the platter of food for some snacks.. Richard I have got the kitties a laughing && they will need some more knee slapping stories..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/deliplatter.jpg

smokey the elder
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Mmm, that looks yummy. It was nice yesterday; cold and rainy today. March is such a tease! I'll have a hot chocolate with Rumplemintz and a peep floating in it, please! (The only way Peeps are edible...:D)

RICHARD
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Mmm, that looks yummy. It was nice yesterday; cold and rainy today. March is such a tease! I'll have a hot chocolate with Rumplemintz and a peep floating in it, please! (The only way Peeps are edible...:D)

I was at Target yesterday and saw some Peeps....Gini should be around about now!

Rumpelmintz, in choco with a swimming Peep?

DONE!

LP,

As usual, you have outdone yourself!

I was having a pity party yesterday and forgot to open the bar!

aTailOf2Kitties
03-19-2009, 03:07 PM
OMG, I :love: Peeps! I have to resist getting some every time I'm out, although..... Easter Peeps are a tradition, ya know. I think I might allow myself to indulge a little ;)

Catty1
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
What the heck is a "peep"? I know it can mean people, or little yellow fluffy chicks...but heck, this one in this thread has me baffled.:confused:

gini
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Richard - here I am..............I got a little lost.........I went looking for Thursdays and I didn't realize that I was in the "General" store and I could just tell with all of those barrels of candy and other stuff that there sure weren't going to be any virtual drinks served there!

But then I realized I had to go down the road to the "Dog House" and sure enough - there is the bar - I was just lost.

O.K. - now look - I will say this once and once only (well, maybe) PEEPS
are the absolute best. They rot your teeth, put weight on your hips, leave your mouth yellow - but they are just yummy. And YOU MUST LET THEM AGE!! There is nothing like a good 'ol crusty PEEP.

Catty1 - you don't know what a peep is? Just walk across the border, go into any drug store, grocery store whatever and you will find peeps in any color you might desire. Still don't know? You may have to Google for it.

I will try to find you some.

Almost forgot to order a drink............hmmm......how about a margarita, with Grand Marnier and salt on the rim please.

gini
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/candywarehouse_2046_765029927Catty1 - now you know!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Lots of peeps here:
http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

There is ever a peeps fan club there:rolleyes:;)

Oh Richard, how about a glass of white wine for me? Together with a green salad and some goodies from that plate, it will be so yummie! :p:)

Nomilynn
03-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Marshmallow peeps exist in Canada as well. They have expenaded.. I've seen red and green peeps at Christmas, and sometimes there are pink Easter peeps. Does the colour matter? I've never liked them, but my friend sure does and always gets peeps for Easter!

My favourite Easter candy is Cadbury Mini Eggs... sooooo delicious!

Karen
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Um, Gini, how old do you like yer peeps? I have a set that's probably a couple years old that I found in the pantry - it had fallen behind something ...

Moesha
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Let's not talk about spring cleaning. I did that at one of the rental cabins earlier this week. I cleaned the oven and the grill and washed all bedding and throw rugs and a million other things I'd rather not think about. Perhaps I should have done my house before doing someone else's. I think I'll pass on the peeps as well. Looks like I'll just sit back here in the corner with a sweet tea!

RICHARD
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Moe,

One sweet tea? ANd a place to put up your feets?

DONE!

Karen,

Don't tempt her!

DONE?

Nomi,

The Cadbury commericals crack me up!

DONE!

M&I

One green salad, with a side of cld cuts! And a glass oc white!

DONE!

Gini, I always wonder about you walking home after work...

One Slushie with GM and some salt!

DONE!

C1,
You just have to ask here at Thursdays....You get some of the most interesting infomation!

DONE!

TO2K,

Welcome to the Thursdays, the virtual bar!

Have you been here before-I am getting old and dn't remember.

If this is your first time, Welcome and we have to get you up to speed.
If you have been here before, you know the routine!:D

aTailOf2Kitties
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Every time I see Peeps I think back to that episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" where the oldest brother (Frances?) bet some friends that he could eat 100 of them. By the end of the episode he was bloated, had colored sugar smeared all over his face, and couldn't move.... but he got his money, LOL

I have read some of the Thursdays posts but haven't responded on any. Are there rules or is it just "come as you are"? Eh, I'll figure it out. Even though the bar is virtual, I'm really a bit of a wall flower, LOL

RICHARD
03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Every time I see Peeps I think back to that episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" where the oldest brother (Frances?) bet some friends that he could eat 100 of them. By the end of the episode he was bloated, had colored sugar smeared all over his face, and couldn't move.... but he got his money, LOL

I have read some of the Thursdays posts but haven't responded on any. Are there rules or is it just "come as you are"? Eh, I'll figure it out. Even though the bar is virtual, I'm really a bit of a wall flower, LOL

There are three rules,

Membership is one clean joke,

Check your problems at the door.

And there is no rule number three!

:D

DJFyrewolf36
03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
I remember making a thread one year about my plush Peep...looks like I am going to have to go to wal-mart and find one this year. Eh I have the perfect excuse to be getting stuffed toys now ;)

lvpets2002
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
:) Well look what Orc went & got from the store.. I am so proud of him.. He did not throw or drop a Cadbury Egg.. :eek: What what Orc I cant hear you?? KerrSpaalltttt.. Orc now you have done it!! As soon as I get this chocolate cream egg out of my hair = I will throw some back at you.. Ok who has the Mega Blaster Water Gun?? :p:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Cadbury_eggs_white.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Peeps and Canbury Eggs!!! Count me in!!! Two of my favorite foods!!! :D

Can I have a cherry limeade too? :D

Pinot's Mom
03-20-2009, 02:50 PM
;) I've never posted in the Thursday posts before, either, and I know it's now Friday - but Peeps and Cadbury Eggs! Oh My, I can't resist that! Some nice aged Peeps, Eggs and a spot of Tawny Port! :)

As a "Thursday" newbie, I do have a question, and it'll probably send you regulars into fits of hysteria, but that's OK, I enjoy creating hilarity...

lvpets2002 - who's Orc?

Puckstop31
03-20-2009, 03:09 PM
lvpets2002 - who's Orc?

I was just going to post the same question!

Ric, my usual please.

Ahhh, spring.... Longer days, warmer air... Throaty gobbles from the pre-dawn roost... ;) Bring it on!

lvpets2002
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
;)

As a "Thursday" newbie, I do have a question, and it'll probably send you regulars into fits of hysteria, but that's OK, I enjoy creating hilarity...

lvpets2002 - who's Orc?

Richard & Karen are explaining the Orc below.. But here is Orc's picture..

Meet Orc

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/180px-STAGE_ORC.jpg

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I was just going to post the same question!

Ric, my usual please.

Ahhh, spring.... Longer days, warmer air... Throaty gobbles from the pre-dawn roost... ;) Bring it on!

Glenlivet? Rocks?:eek:

DONE?

PM,

I posted the 'rules' for our "bar":D

I'll tell you who the ORC is and you can bring your joke later on?

Cadbury eggs, Peeps and a Tawny Port?

DONE!

MOFF,

Eggs , Peeps and a CLA!

DONE!

LP,
Relax, I'll get the mess!
DONE!

DJ,

YOu are never too old for a stuffed animal!

DONE!

The story of the ORC.

An ORC is one of the demons from the Lord of the Rings. He (they) are part of the evil Sauron's Army. We found one and fitted him with a remote control-bear with us, it's part of the insanity here- That DavidP usually has his hands on, As with all remotes, it gets lost-or the batteries run out. And thatis quite fun too!

The Orc usually does all the dirty work or jobs we are not fond of around here. sometimes he gets a little rowdy and starts food fights. He also is our minion and we send him into the Lost and Found in order to save us from getting stuck in there.

The L&F is our storeroom and hideout..It can swallow you up if you venture in and people have been know to be in there for days on end.

The bar is open 24/7/365 and is usually a place to have a little fun and relax.

Once you are a member, you are in it for life. IT's more fun to post, but you can be a wallflower too.

We like the posters....that way we know there is someone to talk to in the room.

Karen
03-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Orc - he is a mythological beastie, borrowed from the Tolkein books, and the realm of Middle Earth. He's large, strong, mute and dumb, used as warrior by the bad guys in the series, they look like they are made of piles of rock.

The Orc at Thursdays, though, has been "tamed" with a radio collar and remote control, and is used for heavy lifting and other such tasks. He has been trained not to eat Lady (the resident dog at Thursday's, in real life she belongs to Lady's Human - or vice versa) or Rupert, who came to Thursday's as a little orange kitten, got accidentally covered in blue paint for a time, but has grown out of that. (He is completely virtual, like the bar itself.)

Randi
03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Careful with all that spring cleaning - check that the cords are in after!! I just accidentially defrosted my freezer. :eek: At least, I didn't have to sit and wait for the ice to melt. I only had to chuck out some fish, wouldn't even serve it for Fister - uh, he still sits here and burbs.

So, I'll take anyting you have to eat... and a colorful peep for dessert, please! :p Not sure what to drink - you decide, I'm easy.

RedHedd
03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes! It's PEEP time!

http://www.peepresearch.org/surgery.html

and Spring is here and it's sunny and warm. I'll have a nice cold Snapple Diet Peach Iced Tea.

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
So, I'll take anyting you have to eat... and a colorful peep for dessert, please! :p Not sure what to drink - you decide, I'm easy.

I'll make you a slushie and get you an antipasti plate!

Peeps for dessert?

Done!

Hi Redd.

One super Snapple Ice Peach? DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-20-2009, 08:00 PM
OK - now that the rules have been explained, and Orc as well (which embarrasses me slightly, I was a HUGE Tolkein devotee "back in the day") - here we go...
A couple was going out for the evening to celebrate wife’s birthday. They’d gotten ready - all dressed up, put the cat out, etc.

The taxi arrived, and as the couple walked out of their home, the cat ran back into the house.

Not wanting their often rowdy cat to have free run of the house while they were out, the husband went back upstairs to chase the cat out.

The wife, not wanting it known that the house would be empty, explained to the taxi driver, "He’s just going upstairs to say goodbye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband got into the car, and said, "Sorry I took so long" he says, "Stupid old thing was hiding under the bed and I had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out!"

Do I get my Peeps, Cadbury, and Tawny Port now?:D

DJFyrewolf36
03-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Ha ha ha good one!

Mountain dew and some sort of pie...peach perhaps. I really like fruit pies :D

RICHARD
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
A few minutes later, the husband got into the car, and said, "Sorry I took so long" he says, "Stupid old thing was hiding under the bed and I had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out!"

Do I get my Peeps, Cadbury, and Tawny Port now?:D
THAT WAS FUNNY..,.

I never hold out on an order for the newbies-we are on an honor system here and you performed honorably!

So you get a refill and more candy!

DONE!
I try to acknowledge order by yelling "DONE!"!

Welcome to the nightmare!:D

DJ,

A mountain dew and a peach pie!

DONE!

cassiesmom
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
It's 57 and sunny in Chicago today, yay! Could I please have iced tea?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Meet Orc

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/180px-STAGE_ORC.jpg

So THAT'S what Orc looks like. I keep picturing him looking like a whale, as in ORCA! :D

lvpets2002
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
:p Too Funny & Laughing my BoBo off.. Well now Orc is Bigg = so I guess he could be as bigg as a Whale..:D
So THAT'S what Orc looks like. I keep picturing him looking like a whale, as in ORCA! :D

RICHARD
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM
It's 57 and sunny in Chicago today, yay! Could I please have iced tea?

Of course, you have proved my theory about mid-westerners.....

THe ice cubes go into the drinks at any temp over 52!;)

DONE!

LP and MOFF-

Leave the ORC alone!:D

lvpets2002
03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
:( Just found out from Donna that David P is real Sick & in the Hospital.. Please let All of us send Positive PT vibes & Prayers for our buddy David.. Get Well Real Soon to our Loving David..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/59612.gif

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm back, everyone! Oh, Orc, you don't have to bow before me! I'd like to have something good that doesn't remind me of hospital food! A cherry slushie will do nicely.

RICHARD
03-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm back, everyone! Oh, Orc, you don't have to bow before me! I'd like to have something good that doesn't remind me of hospital food! A cherry slushie will do nicely.

A cherry slushie? You betcha big guy!
Glad to see you back and raring to go!

DONE!

davidpizzica
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
A cherry slushie? You betcha big guy!
Glad to see you back and raring to go!

DONE!

I'm back, RICHARD! Did the Orcster miss me while I was gone? I think he's starting to follow me around!

lvpets2002
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm back, RICHARD! Did the Orcster miss me while I was gone? I think he's starting to follow me around!

:p Yup he was following you alright.. Orc was trying to keep the back side of that gown closed.. :D So glad to see you back Buddy..

RICHARD
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
:p Yup he was following you alright.. Orc was trying to keep the back side of that gown closed.. :D So glad to see you back Buddy..

LOL,

David,

PEEP the CANDY!
Not, PEEP the SHOW!:D

Pinot's Mom
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
David, as the resident newbie (if you read the rest of this) I just wanted to say I'm glad you're OK and I'll look forward to the banter...:)

cassiesmom
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Of course, you have proved my theory about mid-westerners.....

THe ice cubes go into the drinks at any temp over 52!;)

DONE!

Yupper! And 35F is a perfect temperature for a trip to the car wash. And we have two seasons here in the Midwest, winter and construction.

Catty1
03-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey - can we program Orc to go have a "talk" with David's boss??? ;):D

lvpets2002
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
:p Hey thats a thought Candace.. Lets get the remote & see if that works with Orc's programing.. If nothing else we will show a pic of Orc to his boss & threaten for a meet up..:D
Hey - can we program Orc to go have a "talk" with David's boss??? ;):D

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 12:15 PM
:p Hey thats a thought Candace.. Lets get the remote & see if that works with Orc's programing.. If nothing else we will show a pic of Orc to his boss & threaten for a meet up..:D

I'll go in the place of the orc. Haven't had a dustup in a while.;)