PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful horned owl euthanized in CT...

moosmom
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
A stunning female horned owl whose leg was caught in one of those illegal steel trap, had to be humanely euthanized after having it's leg amputated.

There are 2 rewards out for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the a-hole who set these illegal death traps.

RIP sweet baby. Soar with the angels at the RB.:love::love:

lvpets2002
03-19-2009, 01:01 PM
:( Oh No That Is Just Horrible.. You know Owls are Sacred Holy Creatures.. I just Love Owls.. Sad thing is you dont see them much anymore.. One died from the electric lines out here at work & everybody just looked at it like it was pleggedd.. Well I took the Baby & gave it a very nice Burial & my Blessings.. RIP wittle Baby Horned Owl..

:mad: Now for the AAWipe that did this.. Your time is coming & I hope you have to give up something as well.. RIH..:mad:

moosmom
03-19-2009, 03:26 PM
lvpets2002,

You and I are SO much alike. I would've given that precious creature a proper burial as well. I hope whoever planted that deadly trap gets HIS leg caught in one too. Let him see how it feels.

It depresses me when I think about how the human race has been destroying land all over the place, forcing wildlife out of their natural habitats.:(

lvpets2002
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
:( I dont get.. People are Horrible these days..

:love: However I am glad to state that My Moto is == The More I Get To Know Some People == The More I Like My Cats & All Animals..

moosmom
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
lvpets2002,

Amen!!

Pinot's Mom
03-20-2009, 08:07 PM
:o who traps an owl??

This just guts me! I so depend on the sounds of the owls behind our home, even if I don't see them so much-they're so beautiful!

I can't even speak. I've never heard of this.:(

snowbelle15
03-21-2009, 10:45 AM
That's horrible. :( Why would someone do that? I hope they get their leg stuck in a trap. :mad:

pomtzu
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I hear them all the time in the woods around my house, but never see them. It's just as well that they stay hidden tho, as I'm sure they would be target practice for some of the gun loving Rednecks around here.
I often wonder what happened to the wild pheasant who came to visit me on a regular basis. Probably ended up on someone's dinner plate. :mad: Grrrr!

moosmom
03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
No one traps owls (not that I know of). It was a tragic accident. But I think whoever is using these traps need to be held accountable.