PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Charles Manson caught on film

Catty1
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/03/19/8807321-ap.html

Elderly Charles Manson caught on film
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/03/19/charlie_manson248.jpg

In a Dec. 17, 1970 file photo, right, Charles Manson is pictured en route to a Los Angeles courtroom. At right Manson is shown in a photo made and released Wednesday March 18, 2009, by California corrections officials. The photo of the 74-year-old Manson was taken Wednesday as part of a routine update of files on inmates at Corcoran State Prison. (AP/ho/files)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted mass murderer Charles Manson, who is now bald with a thick gray beard.

The photo of the 74-year-old Manson was taken Wednesday as part of a routine update of files on inmates at Corcoran State Prison, where he is serving a life sentence for conspiring to murder seven people, said Seth Unger, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

The cult leader was first sentenced to death for the 1969 murders of movie star Sharon Tate, coffee heiress Abigail Folger and three others stabbed and shot to death at Tate’s home in Los Angeles. The next night, two others were stabbed to death at their homes.

The image — complete with a swastika carved into Manson’s forehead — was released to the Los Angeles Times because the newspaper requested a copy the next time it was taken.

Manson’s co-defendants — Susan Atkins, Leslie Van Houten, Patricia Krenwinkel and Charles “Tex” Watson — were convicted with him. Their death sentences were commuted to life when the death penalty was briefly outlawed in America in 1972.

Marigold2
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I was only 10 was these murders happened but read the book and there is a movie, the actor playing Manson is excellent, very scary. I know Leslie and the rest of the girls thought they would be released in a few years.
Susan Atkins is dying now I believe.
All the girls were so young. Leslie just 17. Wasted lives, wasted dreams. wasted souls.
Tex Watson was one the most evil of them, all has three children that he fathered in jail, our tax dollars at work. :eek::eek::eek: He has found God at least that is what he says.
So easy for a killer to say "yes I have found God" after the fact.
I can't even imagine the nutcase who would have kids with him.

Catty1
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I thought Susan would have passed away by now. Here is a link to, and a quote from, a pro-parole-Susan site:

http://www.susanatkins.org/2-2009Parole.html

On May 28th, 2009, the California Parole Board will hold Susan’s 18th parole suitability hearing. Under California law the Parole Board must find Susan suitable for parole unless they determine her release would constitute a danger to society. Though Susan has the longest and most impressive prison record in California history, documented as helping to save several lives in just the first couple years she was in prison, never associated with drugs or violence in the nearly 40 years she has been incarcerated, has participated in nearly every conceivable community betterment program offered in the last 4 decades, and is now paralyzed over 85% of her body, can not sit up in bed, and can not even be moved into a wheelchair, there is still a very real chance the Parole Board will none the less insist her release would be a danger to society. This makes a farce our of our justice system, where the State only follows the law when it wants to.

happylabs
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
He is still very creepy looking. I never realized the swastika was actually carved into his head. I thought it was a tattoo.

moosmom
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Older but none the less scary.

As far as Susan Atkins is concerned, what goes around comes around.

pomtzu
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Those eyes of his still give me the the creeps - so black and cold. I guess it really is true when they say that the eyes are a window to the soul.

lizbud
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Those eyes of his still give me the the creeps - so black and cold. I guess it really is true when they say that the eyes are a window to the soul.

This is just what I thought too. He has 'dead' eyes.:eek:

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

He still has that look. I agree!! What a scumbag!!:mad:

Twisterdog
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
What an utter and complete waste of American's tax dollars to keep this waste alive for decades, tying up our court and prison systems.

He should have taken a one-way trip directly from the court room to the electric chair.

JM(politically-incorrect)HO

K9karen
03-25-2009, 11:20 PM
What an utter and complete waste of American's tax dollars to keep this waste alive for decades, tying up our court and prison systems.

He should have taken a one-way trip directly from the court room to the electric chair.

JM(politically-incorrect)HO

So true. Unbelievable.
At leaset Susan is getting her just reward. And it feels good to say that.